The Bloodline Part 1
786 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From here on it would be 1 chapter a day and around 8 a week! Enjoy.

It was late in the evening and Mo Zuo carefully added some spice to the meat that was bubbling inside the pot. The sweet and lovely smell would have normally drifted out and attracted other beasts, but Ji Yan had created a minor formation to trap the smell inside.

Jason was very interested as he saw Ji Yan use formation after formation, and seeing all the plenty uses of formations, Jason was able to understand why the need for technology was so reduced! 'Using formations is a form of technology here it seems.' 

But one more thing that surprised Jason was how great a cook Mo Zuo was!

"Where did you learn to cook?" Jason had lived alone ever since he turned 21, so learning how to cook basic food was a must.

Mo Zuo smiled and recalled some of his previous memories, "We had a restaurant growing up."

Jason nodded his head in realisation. This day was very eventful, and they had been able to pick up valuable materials, and even found a beast core! 

This could only come from beasts that had entered the Core formation stage and the uses of the core were extremely useful. Ji Yan had offered the core to Mo Zuo, but Mo Zuo felt too ashamed to ask for it considering the amount of times Ji Yan had to save him that night.

Ji Yan accepted it, and told Mo Zuo he could have the next good thing they found.

"Your father wouldn't leave you alone without a guard right?" Mo Zuo looked around the trees to see if he could catch any figure.

"Tsk, after last time he has problems leaving me alone, but it's for the best." Ji Yan said smiling.

Mo Zuo nodded his head as he felt some comfort welling up in his heart. He brought a bowl, and served the sweet tasting dish to Ji Yan, he then brought out another bowl and left it on the tree stump for the mysterious guard. He nodded towards the empty trees in case the guard was there. 

Mo Zuo sat down and waited for Ji Yan to finish her food, and seeing the way she was diving into it, it seemed he had cooked another masterpiece.

He smiled as he watched her enjoy his food, nothing brings more comfort to a chef than knowing someone was enjoying their food... Wait a billion gold coins would totally bring me more comfort...

Mo Zuo shook his head and cleared away his thoughts that had once again gone astray.

Ji Yan felt a bit embarrassed glancing at Mo Zuo and him seeing her down the food so fast!

She quietly stood up and returned the bowl to Mo Zuo with a dignified expression, "You did a good job, now let's continue." She dusted her robes and walked away.

Seeing this Mo Zuo smiled and was about to say something when his thermal vision saw a large thermal print underground, and it was big!

"I think there's a massive beast sleeping underneath us!" Mo Zuo informed Ji Yan.

Ji Yan squinted her eyes as she suddenly became serious, Mo Zuo eyes had proven extremely useful this night and she already had full trust in his vision, "Let's go somewhere else."

Ji Yan was about turning to another direction, when Mo Zuo's eyes lit up again, "He's back!!!" Mo Zuo said as he remembered the rampaging rhino-like beast they had accidentally enraged.

"Oh sh$+." Ji Yan immediately fled, but the speed of the rhino-like beast far outclassed them, it was a beast in the 6th level of the Qi foundation stage!

In seconds it was catching up to them.

"Mo Zuo is it me or is the ground trembling?!" Jason suddenly shouted.

"Ahhh I feel it too." As Mo Zuo looked around huge cracks formed on the ground and Mo Zuo and Ji Yan fell through!

The guard secretely watching them jumped into action, and dashed towards them, but the land he was running on started crumbling, and soon even he fell through.

---

"Wake up." 

"Huh Jason?" Mo Zuo asked confused. He cracked his eyes open and saw an injured Ji Yan staring at him, one of her sleeves had been dyed red and she was clutching it tightly.

Mo Zuo looked up and he understood he had fallen into the cave, He slowly got up and the pain hit him!

"Aaah! Dammit!!" He screamed, his back felt like it was on fire, he looked towards where he came from and saw a long blood streak on the wall, it seemed he had slid down with his back on the wall surface, and the enter surface of his back had been scraped off by the rough edges.

Ji Yan looked at Mo Zuo gnashing his teeth in pain and felt very bad in her heart, Mo Zuo had tightly held onto her while they were falling and sacrificed his body protecting her.

She did her best protecting both of them from the falling rocks with her limited Qi, but at a point even she was overwhelmed and with no time to set up the formations she was proud of, a massive rock had crashed into them knocking both of them out. 

Ji Yan had held out her hand and it got broken in the process with even a fractured bone sticking out. She hid the broken arm in her sleeve as she slowly brought out a powerful herbal balm.

"Lie down, this may sting a bit."

Mo Zuo was in too much pain to struggle so he calmly lay down and let Ji Yan apply the balm, she first gathered some bandages and put the balm on it and wrapped Mo Zuo's back. 

She brought out a pill from her ring, and dropped it in his mouth, Mo Zuo instinctively pushed it out, but she forced it into his mouth till he swallowed, a cool sensation spread through his belly and the pain subsided.

"What was that?" He asked.

"A pain killer, stand up." Ji Yan began heading deeper into the cave.

Mo Zuo was about to ask her why she was heading deeper into the cave, but looking towards where they came from, he realised it was sealed by a large piece of earth.

He then tried activating his night vision but it refused to activate.

"Your vitality is too low to activate a bloodline skill manually, you need to finish healing." Jason informed him.

"Bloodline skills use vitality? Just like in Dao Seeker!" Mo Zuo said excitedly.

"The system is a bit similar to my interface before." 

Mo Zuo calmly walked behind Ji Yan as they looked for another possible exit. He noticed that her right arm wasn't moving so much and he realised she may have sprained it.

"Do you need some help?" Mo Zuo offered.

Ji Yan glanced back at him, and slowly shook her head and continued ahead, they were too deep underground to activate a signal beacon so she needed to get unto higher ground. 

The lighting in the cave was very poor, and they relied solely on the torches Ji Yan had lit up with her Qi.

"Mo Zuo on the walls I see something!" Jason looked closer and could make out some sort of symbols.

Mo Zuo quickly called Ji Yan's attention to what could be seen on the walls.

"Can you read this?" He asked.

Ji Yan shook her ahead signifying no, "Isn't this from your Mo clan? why are you asking me."

"I have never seen such signs before, I sincerely doubt its from my clan. This could even be before we moved near this forest!" 

Ji Yan understood what he meant.

"This... ancient abandoned ruins?!" She said excitedly.

Mo Zuo nodded his head back in excitement.

They continued browsing through the cave looking around for anything exciting.

"I've found a room!" Ji Yan shouted, as she neared the room, she felt the Qi in the air getting richer and richer until it almost became unbearable.

She crossed her legs infront of the room and slowly began to drink in the strange Qi in the air.

Mo Zuo got closer and he could also feel the Qi in the air, and also felt a sense of familiarity with this type of Qi.

He also crossed his legs next to Ji Yan and began to focus on the Qi and gathered it towards his dantian. He felt like the Qi had an extremely great affinity with him and as it moved around in his dantian he felt the walls on his cultivation slowly melting, and a few minutes later he felt himself breakthrough!

*Ding*

Cultivation Breakthrough

+15 sys points

---

Name            -:- Mo Zuo (16)

Cultvn           -:- Qi Gathering stage (4)

Class            -:- Swordsman (Minor)

Subclass      -:- Apprentice Alchemist

Vitality          -:- 0.2/1.9

Qi                  -:-  1.9/1.9

PHY               -:- 2.2

DEX               -:- 1.1

Bloodline     -:- [In Slumber]

Sys points   -:- 61

*Other Statistics are currently not available*

Skills -:- Path of the black mamba (Stage 2) Minor Flame skill (Stage 2) Lightning Sword skill (Stage 2) Path of Apep [Sealed]

Current Quest : Go into town and catch the thief who stole your entire herb stash. Reward - 50 System points.

---

Mo Zuo's eyes lit up seeing he had become slightly stronger and even gained system points just by gathering the Qi here, he turned to look at Ji Yan and saw she was still absorbing Qi.

Mo Zuo sat down and continued absorbing the Qi here and he could feel his dantian filling up with Qi once again, and soon enough he once again broke thpoints 

 *Ding*

Cultivation Breakthrough

+15 sys points

---

Name            -:- Mo Zuo (16)

Cultvn           -:- Qi Gathering stage (5)

Class            -:- Swordsman (Minor)

Subclass      -:- Apprentice Alchemist

Vitality          -:- 0.4/2.3

Qi                  -:-  2.3/2.3

PHY               -:- 2.2

DEX               -:- 1.1

Bloodline     -:- [In Slumber]

Sys points   -:- 76

*Other Statistics are currently not available*

Skills -:- Path of the black mamba (Stage 2) Minor Flame skill (Stage 2) Lightning Sword skill (Stage 2) Path of Apep [Sealed]

Current Quest : Go into town and catch the thief who stole your entire herb stash. Reward - 50 System points.

---

Before he could even react, he felt a vibration, and looked towards Ji Yan as a golden glow surrounded her, she too was breaking through!

A few minutes later and she cracked open her eyes her face looked slightly pale, "Stop absorbing this Qi! It's tainted!" She said as she coughed onto her sleeve and some blood stains appeared.

Mo Zuo looked a bit horrified as he didn't even notice any disturbance, he even felt as if this Qi was perfect for him.

Guessing what Mo Zuo was thinking, Jason said, "It could be due to your weak cultivation level so the Qi you absorbed wasn't enough to cause negative effects on your body." But Jason could see that a hidden bar visible only to him had once again increased.

Mo Zuo nodded his head "That's probably why, but I wonder what's the cause of this Qi."

Ji Yan and Mo Zuo headed towards the inside of the room, as they got closer and closer the Qi in the air became denser.

Inside the room, there was a messy table and it seemed a lot of research had been carried out here. Mo Zuo picked up a dusty piece of paper on the table and gently blew on it, looking down at what was written he was able to make out a ritual of some sorts, and it involved snakes?

Ji Yan was also investigating around and finally saw the source of the leaking Qi, it was a slightly huge beast core with a crack running along its surface.

"How long has it been here? And for it to still leak out such powerful Qi after so long, how powerful was the beast?" 

Ji Yan moved a bit back as she started feeling a little bit sick.

Mo Zuo moved towards it as he felt something calling towards him.

"I think we found a really powerful treasure!" Mo Zuo said excitedly. As he got nearer and nearer the sweet feeling continued.

"I really don't think you should get close to it." Ji Yan said as a very worried look appeared on her face, she felt an ominous feeling appear coming from this place.

Hearing Ji Yan's voice Mo Zuo momentarily stopped, but the feeling to get nearer was too hard for him to resist.

"Why shouldn't I get closer?" Mo Zuo asked as he struggled to move away from the core. 

Ji Yan was about to answer till a horrifying cold chill spread over her back, fear began stirring in her heart, a hundred times stronger than when she faced the blitz wolf.

Mo Zuo turned to look at Ji Yan and was confused as he noticed the fear in her eyes. "What's going on?" He soon looked up and heard a terrifying voice say;

"She said you shouldn't touch it."

17