The Duo Who Cried Wolf
720 7 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mo Zuo turned around shocked at the voice he heard, and seeing how Ji Yan didn't notice it, he became even more suspicious.

Ji Yan seemed very anxious as she quickly ran out of the hole and was about heading towards the Mo clan, she paused and turned to Mo Zuo, "How strong are you now?" 

"How strong am I? Hmm.. " Mo Zuo was about to answer till he picked up some sounds in the forest. Opening his eyes he caught site of some beasts that were attracted to the commotion.

A flame boar popped out, and Mo Zuo smiled at his first foe. This flame boar seemed larger than the one he fought before, and hot flame could be seen flaring out of its nostrils. It acted as a torch for the boar, so it could navigate around at night.

Mo Zuo walked towards the boar, Ji Yan was about to inform him that the boar was in the 2nd level of the Qi foundation stage! But for some reason she had this sense of confidence as she watched him approach the boar. 

The boar lost its patience, and swiftly charged out at Mo Zuo, Mo Zuo was unprepared so he quickly stabbed his sword in the ground and used it to vault himself into the air. 

The boar missed and slammed into a tree and the tree was instantly blasted several feet away! This was a tree that was at least 1 meter in diameter, but it was blasted away so easily!

Mo Zuo felt a chill in his spine as he fell to the floor, seeing the boar aiming for where he would land, Mo Zuo charged up a Venomous slash! His eyes turned green this time as he felt the poison in his sword seemed several times more powerful than before! 

The beast could dodge in time and a wide slash appeared on its side, sizzling sounds could be heard as the wound became corroded, the boar squealed in pain and tried running away!

Mo Zuo ran hot on its tail and with each passing second the boars speed reduced due to the poison, 'Perfect!' and with a slash he cleanly chopped of its head!

Ji Yan was extremely surprised as she watched how quickly Mo Zuo dispatched the Qi foundation beast! "That was a flame boar in the 2nd level of the Qi foundation stage." She stated while smiling.

Mo Zuo turned around and looked at her keeping the joy in his heart hidden, "Qi foundation stage? I guess its nothing much huh?"

Mo Zuo was very curious on his current strength level, so he called out to Jason and said, "What are my current stats at?" hearing no reply he called out again, "Jason?"

"Calm down calm down, I'm refreshing the stats screen." Jason calmly said.

Mo Zuo didn't know why but he felt a sense of relief hearing Jason's monotonic voice.

"Here."

---

Name            -:- Mo Zuo (16)

Cultvn           -:- Qi Foundation stage (2)

Class            -:- Swordsman (Minor)

Subclass      -:- Apprentice Alchemist

Vitality          -:- 12.2/12.5

Qi                  -:-  8.2/15.5

PHY               -:- 10.5

DEX               -:- 1.1

Bloodline     -:- [Minor Awakening state]

Sys points   -:- 76

*Other Statistics are currently not available*

Skills -:- Path of the black mamba (Stage 3) Minor Flame skill (Stage 2) Lightning Sword skill (Stage 2) Path of Apep [Sealed]

Current Quest : Go into town and catch the thief who stole your entire herb stash. Reward - 50 System points

---

Mo Zuo was momentarily surprised at first, but he calmly nodded his head, this is how it should be, how could I be so weak?. He looked through the stat screen and saw his bloodline had finally awakened!

"Wow just the minor awakening of my bloodline was so powerful!"

Jason slightly coughed in the background, Mo Zuo was unconscious so he couldn't have know that Jason had used part of his blood to subdue an ancient serpent! It was the leftovers and the beast core that had let Mo Zuo advance to that level.

Ji Yan watched as Mo Zuo seemed to celebrate, and smiled and shook her head.

They continued their slow walk to the Mo Clan, and seeing that there was absolutely no sign of destruction she could put her mind at ease.

The duo went over to the clan center to report all that had happened to the elders, as they were about approaching, they saw a sizeable team of people heading out towards the rainbow forest in a hurry, Ji Yan looked at Mo Zuo with a questioningly look, Mo Zuo shrugged his shoulders indicating he had no idea, "Probably a clan mission I guess?" 

Ji Yan nodded her head and walked in with Mo Zuo. They saw the elders in a hot discussion, and the Ji patriarch and the few elders with him were there too.

Ji Yan noticed the hidden guard that was following them kneeling in the center.

The room became quiet as they noticed the presence of Mo Zuo and Ji Yan, relief could be seen on the faces of Mo Zhi as he confirmed the safety of his son.

Ji Yao, the patriarch of the Ji clan furrowed his eyebrows as he saw bloodstains on Ji Yan's sleeve, but seeing how she seemed alright he gently smiled.

"Father! Did uncle tell you about the massive snake?" Ji Yan urgently asked.

The hidden guard turned around and had a wry smile, "What massive snake do you mean Miss Ji?"

Ji Yan was confused for a moment, and realised that the guard must not have seen the snake, she still felt a bit furious that the guard didn't trust her, and almost caused a calamity for the clan!

"You! I told you to immediately inform them! Do you know what could have happened!" Ji Yan had lost her temper by the guards reckless actions.

The guard displayed an uncomfortable smile 'Why am I forced to play such a silly role?' The guard thought to himself.

"Now now, don't shout at your seniors Ji Yan, have you no manners?" Her father asked with a playful tone. "I understand that you may have had your reasons for making such an excuse to send the hidden guard away, but its alright." 

Mo Zhu, the patriarch nodded his head with a smile on his face, "Yes yes, we understand you youngsters value your privacy, but that guard is there for your safety!"

Mo Zhi, Mo Zuo's father also joined in on the play, "I understand you have taken a liking to my son, but crying wolf just to have some alone time with him, isn't that a bit too much?" Mo Zhi said while covering his mouth to hide his laughter.

Ji Yan stood there with her mouth agape, she could not believe what these crazy old men were saying, she turned her face to Mo Zuo for support but saw a crazy smile on his face.

Mo Zuo grabbed Ji Yan's hand with a smile on his face, "If you want some alone time with me, all you need to do is just ask."

Ji Yan's jaw was almost touching the floor now. 'Am I dreaming? What's going on?' Ji Yan  shook off Mo Zuo's hand and angrily walked out of the hall.

Mo Zuo smiled, and looked back at the elders before chasing after Ji Yan.

"Don't worry you know they are playing with us. I'm guessing they don't want to cause widespread panic, imagine how everyone would evacuate if a snake that large attacked, it would be a mess!"

Ji Yan looked at Mo Zuo and angrily left him, Mo Zuo seeing this smiled and walked back to his house district, today was really spectacular!

---

Back in the Mo Clan Hall

Mo Zhu and Ji Yao were engaged in a very serious conversation! 

"To think that we would stumble upon a relic site of that heretic sect!" Mo Zhu said with excitement in his eyes, there was a common legend about an extremely powerful sect that controlled the entire Xu District!

They carried out research on how to artificially inseminate bloodlines into normal people, experimenting with the genes of several types of beasts. They were so powerful they could enslave beasts that had broken through the Dharma actualisation stage!

It was a mystery how this great power was swept clean in just one night! Almost all records of them were wiped clean and all their various branches vanished.

Mo Zhu and Ji Yao smiled as they thought of how strong their respective clans could grow if they could properly harness the resources to be found in there!

But first this entire operation had to be kept underwraps and with utter secrecy!

Mo Zhu glanced at his twin brother, and Mo Zhi already knew what to do. A purplish cloud spread through the air and surrounded all the present occupants of the room!

---

In another area of the rainbow forest

Jason slowly opened his eyes and looked around, he was sure he had already moved several hundred kilometers away from the Mo clan, but still this wasn't enough.

Jason doubted any member of the Mo clan could penetrate the rainbow forest as deep as he could, right now he couldn't even guess how strong the beasts in this area were!

As he moved deeper and deeper into the forest, while entirely butt naked, he noticed the beasts were getting weaker and weaker. 'Have I finally reached a potential exit?' Jason wondered.

He slightly sped up till he almost tripped on a body, Jason wasn't used to seeing dead bodies so he paused in horror. Calming his mind he analysed the body.

It seemed to be very dull yellow robes, with a simple black robes on it. The face of the body had purple veins running through it making Jason assume this young man had died of poison! 

This would also explain why no beast had mutilated the body! Suddenly feeling a chill pass between his legs, Jason stared at the clothes on the corpse as a crazy idea popped into his mind.

'Nah, I shouldn't even think of this!' Jason said shaking his head. He decided to dig a simple grave for this random corpse he didn't even know the name of.

Burying the corpse he luckily noticed a purple storage ring! But he stopped as his mind was slightly conflicted on whether he should really rob a corpse...

A few moments later, Jason was putting on the simple black robes he had found in the storage ring, and had a brand new map in his hands. There was also a personal diary of some sort in the ring, but Jason chose to ignore that for now.

With a map in his hand Jason was finally ready to put the plan in motion!

Jason though back to what had happened ever since he came to this world. When he had first reincarnated into the system, the first person he met was not Mo Zuo, no it was someone else. Or something else.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

A slightly short chapter! For everyone who has gotten up to here, you deserve a reward!
Mini mass release coming in a few days!

SPOILER:

The elders actions may seem a bit strange, but this is my attempt at foreshadowing De****ion of Mo Clan.

15