Chapter 67 – Hao’s Girlfriend’s Ill-fated Transmission
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm going inside to use the bathroom," Mentos announced moving towards the door, “You can remain outside until I’m finished.”

“Nah, I’m coming in with you.” Responded Hao. “I need to rest my legs, they are begging to soar.” He tapped his shin.

“Alright, suit yourself.” Mentos lead them both into his house. The interior was modest and cosy, with a living area, a kitchen, and a single bedroom. Mentos quickly disappeared into the bathroom, calling out, "Don't spy on me while I'm taking a dump, you hear me, Vee?"

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.”

Unable to resist the temptation, Hao used his Vibe Sense to briefly spy on his friend, stopping just as Mentos' clothes were about to hit the floor. He saw the usual bathroom items – a toothbrush, a bar of soap, and a towel – but also noticed an assortment of strange-looking contraptions. Hao shook his head and withdrew his Vibe Sense, feeling a little guilty for invading his friend's privacy.

With Mentos in the bathroom, Hao removed Judgment Day from his back and rested it on the table before sitting down on a chair. He took out the medical supplies he had pocketed earlier and began to patch up his wounds as best as he could. The antiseptic stung, but he knew it was necessary to prevent infection.

While Mentos was taking a shower, Hao switched on the digital screen mounted on the wall and started watching the news. The screen displayed a female news anchor who had a voice filled with urgency as she reported on the aftermath of the Skyship crash.

"Authorities are still investigating the cause of the crash, but preliminary reports suggest the involvement of the notorious Bastian Bandits. The search for survivors is ongoing, but the number of casualties is expected to rise as rescue teams continue to sift through the wreckage..."

Elsewhere, simultaneously, Ciara was watching the same news broadcast. Her heart throbbed with concern for her friend. Her intuition compelled her to contact him. Thus she reached for her sword while wondering if it was just her concern for his safety, or something more.

BZZ!

“Hmm?” Hao noticed the hilt of Vibe Edge pulsing, signifying an incoming transmission from someone who had his personal ISD-Address (Identity Sword Detail). At first, he wondered if it was his mother calling, thus he hesitated to answer. But eventually, he picked it up and said, "Hello, who’s this?"

"Hey, Vee. It's me, Ciara." A cute voice entered his ear.

Hao felt relieved knowing it wasn't his mother. "Ciara? What's up girl?" he leaned back in the chair, wincing slightly from the pain as he waited for her answer.

"I'm just checking in on you. I haven't seen you since the other day when we briefly ran into each other at the guild. I've been meaning to ask you about what happened that day. I saw you running away then I later found out that you were involved in a commotion that was surprising for me to digest." Ciara sounded worried for her guild mate.

Hao hesitated, unsure of how much he should reveal. "It's... complicated, Ciara," he finally admitted.

"Vee, are you still there?" Ciara asked after a moment of silence.

"Yeah, I'm here," He reassured her.

"You don't sound so well, is something wrong?" She identified the strain in his voice and added, "I've been to your place recently and I was shocked to be hauled away by a group of Imperial Hounds."

"Imperial Hounds?" Hao propped forward in his seat when he realized who these might be – the ones searching for him to retrieve Judgment Day. "Did they hurt you?"

"No, but they did interrogate me. They wanted to know your whereabouts. You're not in any trouble, are you, Vee?" she asked with growing concern.

Hao thought of Colgate and Diana, the ones who wanted Judgment Day to return to the Imperial Storehouse. "It's nothing to worry about," he tried to sound more confident than he felt.

"Vee, where are you right now?" Ciara was worried about him and wanted to do what she could to help.

Hao hesitated before deciding not to tell her the truth. Continuing to patch up his wounds, he uttered, "Don't worry about that, Ciara, trust me, I'm fine. I'll swing by your place when I have some free time. I have to go now." He ended the transmission abruptly, cutting off their conversation.

“He hung up?” Ciara was left feeling hurt and troubled. She clutched her petite Blade Edge to her chest while sitting on her bed with her mind occupied with thoughts of Hao. She couldn't help but feel a growing attraction towards him, despite the secrets he seemed to be keeping.

Meanwhile, just outside Ciara's dwelling, an armoured truck was parked beneath a dim street light. Inside the vehicle, a surveillance setup was in place, with screens displaying various data and advanced technological equipment. Colgate and Diana were there, secretly listening to the transmission that Ciara had with Hao. Colgate now had a new robotic arm, replacing the one he lost to Judgment Day.

Another person was also present who went by the name, Wiz, a young tech genius in his early twenties with a slight build and stood at around 5'8". His curly hair was a light brown colour, and his bangs often fell over his forehead. He had a clean-shaven face with sharp features and light brown eyes that showed his intelligence. Wiz wore a pair of thick, black-rimmed glasses that sat on the bridge of his nose. He favoured dark clothing and was often seen wearing a black hoodie with the sleeves pushed up and black cargo pants. On his left arm, he wore a high-tech device that acted as an interface for his Blade Edge-Bubble Bot. His youthful appearance belied his incredible skills. His sword was an intricate mechanical masterpiece with its own intelligence that lay on the counter.

Wiz inserted his Blade Edge into a slot on one of the devices. "Bubble Bot, run vector analysis," He commanded while watching the lines of code running across the monitors.

Colgate had his arms folded under his muscular chest, while Diana leaned against the side of the truck, both waiting for Wiz's results.

"Can this new kid get it done?" Diana asked Colgate.

"He came highly recommended by the Chief Curator," Colgate replied.

A few seconds later, Bubble Bot announced, "Analysis complete."

“That’s what I like to hear, Bubble. Hit me with that data.” Wiz excitedly studied the data before sharing the news with his companions.

“What did you find, kid?”  Inquired Colgate.

Wiz quickly tapped away at his keyboard with his eyes flicking between the various lines of code on his monitors. "I've successfully run a vector-based analysis of the Identity Sword Details for both Ms Ciara and the target’s Blade Edge. By tracing their signals through the ISD network, I was able to isolate a unique set of coordinates that correspond to their current locations."

He leaned back in his chair, adjusting his glasses as he continued, "Using a combination of advanced triangulation algorithms and spatial data mapping, I then cross-referenced the results with the available topographical data for the surrounding area. This allowed me to pinpoint the precise location of the target’s Blade Edge with a high degree of accuracy."

Wiz paused for a moment, his fingers still tapping away at his keyboard as he considered his next move. "Of course, the accuracy of the results is dependent on a number of factors, including the quality and quantity of the available data, and any potential interference in the ISD network," he was brimming with technical confidence as he continued, "But based on the data available, I am confident that we have identified his location within a reasonable margin of error. With this information, we should be able to locate and apprehend him swiftly and efficiently."

Using technical jargon, Wiz explained how he had pinpointed Hao's location using vector-based scripts and the Identity Sword Details of Ciara and Hao's Blade Edge. Colgate and Diana stared at him, confused.

"In simpler terms?" Diana asked.

Wiz smiled. "I've got the target location. His signal is coming from Katana Creek."

"Katana Creek?" Colgate raised an eyebrow. "Isn't that close to where that Skyship reportedly crashed earlier?"

"You don't think Vee had something to do with that, do you Colgate?" Diana questioned.

"It's hard to say, but it's definitely worth checking out. Vee is a troublesome brat, you can’t put anything past him." Colgate replied sternly. "We need to move fast. Gather the team; we're heading to Katana Creek."

“Yes sir.” Diana assented, she then ran her hand through Wiz's silky hair, "Nice job locating him Wiz, I can't wait to repay that bastard for humiliating me." She remembered how Hao danced around her while cutting her ass back at the Blade Engineering Guild.

"Thanks." Wiz continued to monitor the situation, making sure they had the most up-to-date information on Hao's whereabouts.

Wise Feather: "The key to success is not just about talent or luck but also about persistence and hard work. Keep pushing yourself, and you will achieve greatness."

0