1. Amateur Liar
991 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The year 2002, Hengdian city, China.

Lu Yuan look at the script in his hand, then raised his head to look up at the clear sky. Short after, he closed his eyes... 

He remembered he wrote the script for a full five hours, wrote down every detail he could remember about the movie, then he revised the script again and again until he was satisfied. 

Lu Yuan opened his eyes and look at the script again. His pupils gradually shrunk and his face became serious. He spat on the ground and looked straight ahead with a pair of sharp and determined eyes.

"I'm going to make a change!"

...........................

Hengdian in June always hot and humid.

Pairs of white long legs with short skirts and heeled shoes are passing by Lu Yuan from left and right.

As a person who came from another world, Lu Yuan finally made a bold decision.

He was an honest man five hours ago, but now.....

He does not want to be an honest person anymore!

He is going to scam a fat sheep to invest on him!

Scam?

Yes, scam!

Scammers are liars.

To scam is to lie.

'If you don't lie, others will lie to you!'

Lu Yuan's money was cheated by a liar once... So, at least he knows such basic knowledge.

'Well, wearing a suit made me look like a gentleman, even if it's second-hand, it still looks OK.'

Lu Yuan looked at the mirror on the side road, made a gentleman pose and then nodded in satisfaction.

'Two hundred yuan "Newbuck" suits are not bad!'

Looking at Yan Ying Director's certificate in his hand, he smiled.

'The script is ready, the actor is ready, and the lies are ready.'

'Everything is ready, only the fat sheep......'

................................................. 

Hengdian people come and go. There are tourists, actors, and directors everywhere.

This year, a movie with 30 million yuan investment, "The Capital", is being filmed in Hengdian...

This movie directed by Shen Lian Jie, an emerging talent in third-generation directors, and starring Liu Fang Fei, a popular movie star. 

The filming set was not small.

When passing "The Capital" set, Lu Yuan smoked the last cigarette in his hand and glanced at the crew, he enviably looked at Shen Lian Jie who sits on a high platform and barking at people.

People who are rich, handsome, and talented have always been envied by Lu Yuan.

"He looked like a dog!"

'Puh!'

After spitting without any quality, Lu Yuan walked towards the tourist parking lot.

Countless luxury cars were parked there.

Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, Porsche, Mercedes.

To scam professionally is technical work.

In particular, scamming hundreds of thousands of investment is more than just technical work.

But, first of all, you need a fat sheep. A fat sheep that is rich, gullible and stupid enough to believe in you.

After screening for a while, Lu Yuan finally put his eyes on a pink Lamborghini.

The owner is a girl wearing sunglasses.

Rich girls, usually do not mix in society, they are generally stupid and gullible.

Well, that's what Lu Yuan believed anyway.

Lu Yuan quickly approached the girl who just came out of her Lamborghini.

But when the girl took off her sunglasses and smiling, Lu Yuan was at a loss.

A beautiful smiling face wearing a light blue striped dress fluttering in the wind with her black hair in contrasting colors, Lu Yuan felt an inexplicable feeling in his heart.

The air is mixed with the scent of floral fragrance.

She looks simple yet noble, matured yet having the aura of a young girl.

'Angel in the world?'

'She is so damn beautiful!'

Lu Yuan, a poor and bitter bastard, can't describe the beauty in front of him. He can only think of these five words.

After being dazed, Lu Yuan threw his cigarette and sorted out his suit.

............................

Lu Yuan was an otaku and a virgin. For the first time in his life, he is going to purposefully lie to someone, Lu Yuan felt nervous and started shaking and sweating... 

The thin script in his hand started to get wet.

Lu Yuan remembered his bitter life before he crossed. He was poor. After he crossed, he is still a poor bastard.

Two lives, two worlds, he had always been in poverty. 

He had enough!

He wants to be rich! No matter what! So, he must change.

'Come on, Lu Yuan!'

'When you're done with all these, you will be rich!'

Lu Yuan constantly cheering himself in his heart, and after feeding his soul with a lot of chicken soup, he gained a little bit of confidence.

He hastened his pace...

He felt that hope is within reach!

"Stop!"

"Huh?"

"This is my director certificate, this is my script."

"Ha..?"

A gust of wind blew Wang Xun Xue's long dress, Wang Xun Xue looked at the panting youth, and subconsciously took his director certificate and script.

"Look at... my... my script..."

Lu Yuan wanted to slap himself in the face, turned around and ran!

He was still nervous!

'What happened to me! This is totally different from the plan!'

'Where did all the smooth talk and gentleman manners go!'

'Why the hell is it like this now! OH MAI GOD!'

But the arrow had already been sent from the string, and Lu Yuan can only carry on.

'I can't let this end in tragedy!'

Lu Yuan revealed a wretched smile that he thought was very kind and charming.

"Eh..."

Wang Xun Xue, who was still a little confused a moment ago, saw Lu Yuan's smiled then she thought 'this guy is weird.'

"I'm sorry, I don't make movies, I'm not an actress." Wang Xun Xue smiled and rejected Lu Yuan's offer politely while looking at him.

"It's not for you to make a movie." Lu Yuan shook his head.

"Then..."

"I have a good script. I am a very good director, and I'm the owner of "Remote Film Company". Lu Yuan felt his tongue was knotted.

He thought that he was a little bit sloppy, so he put his hand in his pocket and tried to look like a gentleman. 

"Oh!"

Wang Xun Xue suddenly smiled, looking at Lu Yuan with interested eyes.

"This is my business card." When Lu Yuan saw Wang Xun Xue smiled, Lu Yuan quickly took his business card and handed it to Wang Xun Xue while smiling. 

“Lu Yuan?” Wang Xun Xue glanced at the business card with his name, company name and phone number on it.

"Yes, yes, my name is Lu Yuan, I think we can..."

"Cooperate?" Wang Xun Xue smiled deeply with an interested look in her eyes.

"Ah?" Lu Yuan's smile was ruined but quickly recovered and continued "Girl, I think, my script..."

"Is very promising, and can win some awards?" Wang Xun Xue snatched the words again.

"..." Lu Yuan stupidly opened his mouth.

Lu Yuan was dumbfounded and felt his scam seemed to be dominated by the girl.

Wang Xun Xue looked at Lu Yuan's dull face, she smiled brighter and became more beautiful. 

She opened the script and glanced at it.

"Big Director Lu Yuan, your writing is very exquisite... If I were you, I would spend 30 yuan to print the script, and make it look professional, by the way, sort out the tie on the suit." Wang Xun Xue said with a little sarcastic tone while raising her eyes to look at Lu Yuan.

"..." Lu Yuan was speechless.

'My writing was bad?'

'It really seemed to be...'

'Print?'

'Damn! Great idea.'

"You are an amateur... if you want to fool people, you need a good prop, not this script with typos."

"Props? The script is the prop!"

"Do you think this beauty is a stupid girl?"

"You're insulting my intelligence! If you don't know anything, don't say it's not good, give me back the script... I am leaving!"

Lu Yuan felt that his scam was exposed and couldn't continue, so he is going to retreat. 

But, he still had to keep his poker face until he can get out of here.

'This sheep is smarter than I thought!'

'Damn it, I can't make these mistakes next time.'

When Wang Xun Xue read the script, the smile on her face was gone and turned serious. She held the script in her arm, like it was a treasure, and went back to her Lamborghini. 

"Get on the car." 

"Ah? Where are you going?"

"Do you want to talk about investment here? Get on the car, I'm inviting you to have a cup of coffee." Wang Xun Xue put on the sunglasses.

"???"

Lu Yuan was confused.

'Drink coffee?'

'Investment?'

'What does she mean?'

'Did I succeed? How?'

Lu Yuan’s heart became a mess, but he still got on the car with serious looks.


Author note :

This chapter is edited by Tatsuya and N_I_R_N, thank you guys. 

P.S Glossary will be updated each time a new art piece is used in the chapter.

10