22. Lu, brother, I Have a Vision!
239 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wang Xun Xue is going.

She looks at the shooting schedule and says "I'll take a look again later." and goes to her car.

She gives Lu Yuan full authority for the shooting.

As for where to go, Lu Yuan doesn't ask.

Everyone has their own privacy, and so does Wang Xun Xue.

Furthermore, Lu Yuan feels that their relationship aren't that close, he feels he and Wang Xun Xue relationship only goes as far as the investor and the one being invested.

The two are really not too familiar with each other.

"I look forward to it, work hard!"

When she got on her Lamborghini, Wang Xun Xue's cold and distant expression replaced by an unusual gentleness.

She touches the guitar.

…………………………

Lu Yi Hong's agent is called Xia Hong, also known as Sister Hong in entertainment circle.

She is tall and thick, very thick, her pair of arms are roughly the same as Lu Yi Hong's thigh, and she got a strong temperament...

When Lu Yuan saw her, the first impression that she gave him was a big mountain covering the sun, making people breathless...

Suffocated.

Xia Hong is very dissatisfied for Lu Yi Hong's partcipation in a movie with an unknown director and such a low budget, but Lu Yi Hong shows an unusual determination about his decision and hands her the contract and says  "It has already been signed, and nothing would change."

When Sister Hong sees the terms in the contract, she inhales deeply and wishes that she could beat Lu Yi Hong violently.

"Lu Yi Hong, no matter how the company treats you, you are still a movie star!"

"Have you really fallen to accept such treatment now?"

"Is your brain sick?"

"No wonder that day you said you going to take vacation by yourself! You wanted to sneak here!"

Sister Hong was so angry that she looks like she wants to fight with someone.

However, after she looks at Lu Yi Hong's stubborn face, she gives up reprimanding him further.

"Since you want to shoot, ok, let’s do it. This movie not going to take long to finish anyway."

Moreover, Lu Yi Hong is still in refrigerated period and the company won't provide him with any resources. So she thinks it is still better than nothing to do.

Although she compromises  with Lu Yi Hong, and stays with him as his agent, she is very hostile to Lu Yuan.

Looking at Lu Yi Hong's dark circles, she knows how much Lu Yi Hong had suffered under Lu Yuan's arrangements.

'What's going on with this young director?'

'Doesn't he know his own weight?'

......................

After randomly doing an opening ceremony by superstitiously worshipping an underworld God and sacrificed a pig's head, the crew starts to dig a pit to make a grave in the nearby hill around Hengdian, the main set would be finished by putting the coffin inside.

It was simple and rough.

Lu Yi Hong obviously felt very dissatisfied with Lu Yuan's vulgar treatments last night, he really did suffered a lot of grievances.

But when he started preparing for the shooting, he inexplicably gained an understanding.

Although there is only one male lead in the movie "Buried", its really testing the actor's acting skills. His handsome face is not important in this movie.

According to the script, the main role in the movie is buried inside the coffin, under the ground. With these setting, the actor will have to get dirty, be uncomfortable or all kinds of non-positive image shoot, while maintaining top acting skills.

"Lu Yuan, I suddenly understood why you telling me to sleep in the company last night." Lu Yi Hong said, after he looked himself in the mirror when his makeup finished and thought about the script.

To Lu Yi Hong, this movie is a very important dividing line for his future career. If he can shoot the movie well, no matter what the box office will be, at least he can prove his acting skills against the face-selling rumours that surrounds him. 

Because, this movie doesn't need any handsome face at all!

"Oh, why do you say that?" 

Lu Yuan was watching the crew preparing the set with props and equipments while calculating the costs in his head. When he heard Lu Yi Hong words, he asked without looking back at him.

He is thinking of ways to reduce costs and save his capital.

"Because this play is about a person who was buried alive after a war incident. His mental state described in the script does not match with mine when I arrived at the company yesterday. My mental state was too good."

"Huh?" Lu Yuan's brain stopped for a moment when he heard Lu Yi Hong.

"That's why you told me to live in the company yesterday. Last night, I was in a very bad mood and almost didnt get any sleep at all. It makes me look tired and sleepy now, and this is in-line with the character on the script... I'm sorry Lu Yuan, I had misunderstood you." Lu Yi Hong sincerely apologized to Lu Yuan, and he felt really sorry for his misunderstanding.

"Ah! cough... cough... Please understand that this movie is very important to me, so I have very strict requirements for the main role, and may even be stricter in the future." Lu Yuan was totally embarassed by Lu Yi Hong's apology, but still managed to keep his face straight and held up his pretense. 

When Lu Yuan asked Lu Yi Hong to live in the company last night, in all honesty, he just wanted to save money. Even when Lu Yi Hong wanted to pay for himself to live in a hotel, he didn't let him. Why? Because he wanted to save the transportation fee!

Lu Yuan will spend money where he needs to spend, but if he can save...

Ehem! Lu Yuan would not be polite.

'It's really not easy to make money these days.'

Of course, Lu Yuan will not admit anything about saving money to Lu Yi Hong. Since Lu Yi Hong had given him a good card, and it can improve his smart image on him, so why not accept it? Well, fools know that Lu Yuan did have visions and plans...

"This movie is also very important to me. I will take it seriously and I won't let you down!" Lu Yi Hong says with a deep voice, his fighting spirit is at MAX.

"It's good if you understand. Ehem! I propose from now on we should utilize the crew from the company instead of hiring unknown people. Especially you, from tommorow, you have to carry the equipments too. Do you understand?" Lu Yuan stubbed his cigarette, cleared his throat and made a very visionary face while talking to Lu Yi Hong.

"Yes!" Lu Yi Hong nodded, there was trust in his tired eyes. He had no doubt for Lu Yuan's vision.

'Carry equipment?'

'Let the main actor carry equipment?'

In the nearby movie set, Wei Fat, who was busy directing crew to put the coffin inside the grave, almost fell into the pit when he heard Lu Yuan and Lu Yi Hong's conversations.

When Wei Fat recovers his balance, he turns to look at Lu Yuan on his back. He seems to see Lu Yuan's ghost is possesing Lu Yi Hong.

'Is this Lu bastard have a special magic?'

Others might not know what Lu Yuan thinks, but Wei Fat can definitely swears on his fat that Lu Yuan is definitely never a visionary person!

'He got it so cheap!'

'well, according to the script, Lu Yuan's decisions seems right. The actor should really looks bad... oh... '

'it seems that... he really?'

'Am I misunderstanding something before?'

Wei Fat who was still staring at Lu Yuan, felt confused when he started to think about it, and when he saw Lu Yuan's serious expression. His confusions turned into a serious self reflection. 

"Are you all ready? Actor! Ready to enter the scene! The first act begins, Wei Fat, why are you standing there stupidly, let's start quickly!"

"Can we start?"

"Crap! Quick! Start!"

"Li, stop talking there. Quick! Set up the equipment and start. Lu Yi Hong! Lie in and start the first act... Makeup! What are you doing! Why Lu Yi Hong's face is so clean! Put some dirts and dusts on it, make it filthy, do you know filthy?"

..................................

The story of "Buried" is actually very simple. It's a story about a man who finds himself buried alive in a wooden coffin with only a knife, a lighter, a mobile phone, then finding his way to survive.

But, in this simplicity, presenting the story's emotions are extremely difficult. It needs to portray human natures, suspenses, thrill, perseverance and expectations. There are also despair and hopelessness...

Lu Yuan remembers a lot of details for this movie, after all, he did watched it more than a couple of times when he was in his original world. At that time, he wanted to understand what the original director want to convey from the movie.

For the "Buried" he is shooting now, Lu Yuan changed the background story from the original, but he kept the story line. 

He kept the dialogues, the plots, the twists and turns exactly the same as the original to create the mystery, the thrill and the tense atmosphere in the movie "Buried". 

These were the main ingridients that made the movie so successful in his original world.

...............

The first act finally starts filming under the yell of Wei Fat. This first act is the key factor that decides whether this movie is good or not. So everyone is really putting the focus in here. 

Lu Yi Hong lays in the coffin, then begins his act according to the script. He put extra attention to his movements and expressions, he needs to show the perplexities and emotions of the character.  

Lu Yi Hong does have some good skills in his acting, at least, to Lu Yuan who had watched "Buried", he can't find any faults in his play so far.

There are also the two heads of the crew, Wei Fat and Li Qing.

Although these two brothers usually seemed lazy, unruly and acted like thief and bitch sometimes, they really do have professionalism in making movie. And these, seems to make Lu Yuan acted a little bit awkward in the crew. 

They are different from Lu Yuan. They are the real professional!

But Lu Yuan ...

He is a liar and totally clueless about how to shoot.

Still, Lu Yuan keeps his pretense by gluing seriousness on his face, even though he doesn't know those jargons that the crew talked about.

Fortunately, Lu Yuan had seen the movie "Buried" before, many times,  otherwise he will eventually be exposed.

The shooting goes on for awhile. Lu Yuan seems to remember many more details when he saw the act started. Not long after, Lu Yuan starts to frown..

then...

"Cut!"

"Lu, brother, you can't lie down like this, you have to hold your breathe in to be anxiously nervous. The nervousness you showing just now is more like shy than nervous. Lower your eyebrows a bit more, yes, yes, now imagine your hearts is shaking... Yes! That's it!"

"Cut!"

"Brother, don't put your hands like this, its too natural, are you sleeping? You are in a state of despair now, so you can't..."

"Cut!"

"Why is this still happening!"

The first act is actually less than ten minutes short, but it was filmed for half day. From noon until evening, a series of Lu Yuan's Cut! was heard every few minutes. Luckily, the first act finally passed after he gave the nod before dinner.

Lu Yuan strictly asked Lu Yi Hong to act according to the details in his mind.

Lu Yi Hong was very dissatisfied, he thought Lu Yuan was messing around with him. He felt that he already understood the character in the movie, but when he saw the finalized video of the first act, he found that Lu Yuan was really right!

'It really is much better!'

As for the deputy director, Wei Fat, he looked at Lu Yuan in disbelief. He even started to doubt himself again..

'Does Lu bastard really understand acting?'

'really?'

'Wasn't he bragging when he said he wanted to play himself?'

And in regards Lu Yuan, his seriousness that was glued to his face before now becomes cemented. He holds his hands together in front of his chest... with seriousness cemented on his face.

He even raises his head high and gives coldness to his eyes... 

He looks like a lonely master. Lonely like the snow.

His heart blooming with happiness. He feels satisfaction and contentment.

'What if I don't know how to shoot! What if I dont understands! I already watched the original movie many times, even some details I can clearly remember!'

'This director, no problem!'

'The original version and this version compared, I can give judgement directly!'

'And... if I don't say a few words about my understanding, isn't it a waste of my pretense? Hahaha...'

The bastard also have his moment!

Lu Yuan's head swells ...

9