27. What can low-class person pay for?
172 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Young man, let me introduce myself. My name is Chen Guan Xiong!"

"Ah, hello ..." Lu Yuan stood up ignorantly.

'Chen... who...?'

"Chen, Chen ... Mister Chen, hello, hello ..." Wei Fat is panicking.

He is very shocked.

Chen Guan Xiong is a musician.

He is also one of the most famous composers in the entertainment circle.

There has been a sentence circulating in the entertainment circle, saying, Lin Yu's lyrics, Guan Xiong's tunes, Yang Ping's dance, Zhao Kou's flute...

The sentence was dedicated to show respect to Chen Guan Xion's status in the entertainment circle. 

Unfortunately, a vulgar person like Lu Yuan would never know such sentence.

But, even though he does not know who Mister Chen is, he can see from the looks of the people around him. He can bet on his intuition, this person's status is definitely not ordinary.

'Most likely a big man.'

"Huh? Young man, I left my phone number for you at that time, had the cashier girl not given it to you?" Chen Guan Xiong nodded his head in reply to Wei Fat's hello, then his gaze fell on the face of the young man who stood up with a confused look, and wondered what happened.

"Ah... that... I seemed to have it, are you the one who paid my bill before?" The old man, Chen Guan Xiong's sudden appearance made Lu Yuan could not react for a while, he was not thinking about any numbers, but when he heard the old man's question he suddenly understood.

It happened when the first time he came to the cafe with Wang Xun Xue and someone paid his bill after and left a phone number. 

'Is it him?'

"You do remember, why didn't you call me?"

"I... I forgot..." Lu Yuan felt awkward.

"Did you threw it?"

"No, how is that possible! I'm not that kind of person!" Lu Yuan's eyes dodged, he felt a little bit guilty, but his voice still sounded calm.

The paper obviously was not thrown away, but at that time Lu Yuan's head was filled with one million yuan and many other things, he completely forgot about a piece of paper in his pants when he washed it.

"You should know me, right?" When Chen Guan Xiong heard Lu Yuan's superficial answer, he felt that the other party might not know him.

'Is it possible?'

'How could it be?"

"No... I know, I know." Lu Yuan was going to say no, but when Wei Fat pulled him back to his seat and winked at him, he immediately understood and changed his answer right away.

'This old man seemed to be in a very respectable position, if I said no...'

'would it offend him and make myself embarrassed?'

"Then, do you know that I'm in Hengdian recently?"

"I Know ..." Lu Yuan nodded hypocritically.

'I know?'

"You know? Then why didn't you come and see me?"

"Ah? That ... I've been busy, very busy recently." Lu Yuan was speechless.

Wei Fat swallows his saliva, he can not describe his feelings at this moment. All he could think is, how did such a senior composer know Lu Yuan? And what was more exasperating is, Lu Yuan did not even know the person.

Shen Lian Jie... takes a very... very deep breath. 

The great director of "The Capital" was ignored and can not make any response to the situation, he just stood on the side, looked like a vase, or was it a waiter?

But, he currently does not pay attention to how he looks, he is paying attention to everything that is happening in front of him now. 

He feels unbelievable.

'Damn!'

'Who is this Lu Yuan!? How did he get to know a senior like Chen Guan Xiong?'

'Unbelievable! It's really un-fucking-believable!'

'and...'

'It seems like Mister Chen is very enthusiastic to him and also complained that he doesn't go and see him?'

'What is this!?'

Shen Lian Jie swears that he has never seen Chen Guan Xiong wearing such enthusiastic expression in front of anyone, but now he is showing it to such an unknown person...

'hang on a fucking sec...!'

'Why does this Lu Yuan looks very awkward? and seems guilty?'

'Damn!'

'Are you for real?'

'What The Fuck!'

As for the woman next to Shen Lian Jie, Liu Ting Ting, her jaw already dropped.

From the moment she entered the booth, she never paid attention to Lu Yuan, because she felt that Lu Yuan was an inferior person from the beginning...

He wears cheap shirt, have an ordinary appearance with an uncomfortable cigarette smell coming from him. Although his face look okay, but the charm is non-existent. There is really nothing special that could attract her attention. A very through ordinary person after all.

But now...

A word pops into her mind.

'False-modesty!'

'Really pretending to be a pig, but a tiger! '

"I heard that your "To Alice" has been confirmed to be included in the academy's music course?"

"Ah ... yes, the contract was signed the other day ..." Lu Yuan nodded.

"Oh, that old Zheng's eyesight is good. This time he got a treasure. I watched your video on the Internet a few days ago."

"Ah? Video? What video?"

"The "Old Boy" video."

"Ehh..."

"Your voice was very good, deep and hoarse, but there were also minus, the guitar's sound was wrong in ten notes, and there were eight tremolos, affecting the overall melody."

"I was just fooling around and sing..."

"You write such a good lyric and compose such a good song just to fool around?" Chen Guan Xiong frowned, and his eyes showed his displeasure.

"I meant I was drunk that night and did something ridiculous. Actually... the song isn't that good." Lu Yuan's body twitched when he was questioned, he quickly replied and added some hypocritical words.

"Young man, being humble is good, but being overly humble is hypocritical. I don't like hypocrisy... Good is good, bad is bad, why are there so many excuses?" Hearing Lu Yuan's hypocritical reply, Chen Guan Xiong frowns deeper. 

"..." Lu Yuan was speechless. He found himself was supressed by the old man's momentum, he did not even know what to say.

The atmosphere in the booth turning awkward.

Lu Yuan feels that the situation he is in now is exactly the same as when he was facing the old professor before. 

He neither have a chance to talk nor to refute.

It feels like the whole thing is controlled by the other party.

This feeling...

Makes him very upset!

"Alright, nevermind, I'm here today to talk to you about the fool thing you did, the "Old Boy"."

"The song?"

"Yes, good music can't be ruined, you need to record this song's full version."

"Huh?"

"Record it as a single. Someone asked me to compose a movie theme song a few month ago. I haven't got any inspiration about it, but, after I listened to your "Old Boy", I felt the song was very suitable. So, I recommended the song to him, and he was very satisfied, but he asked to see you first before he agreed." Chen Gua  Xiong finally stated his purpose while he keep looking at Lu Yuan. 

"So you are here to pi ..." Lu Yuan almost spoke out the "pimp" word, but he stopped. He thought the word was not very elegant after all.

"Well, I am asking you for that person, asking you to sing the song." 

"Umm... What's the name of the movie..?"

"Oh, it's "Metro Station"."

Chen Guan Xiong stares at Lu Yuan with a serious expression.

"Ah! Is that the literary film with fifty millions investment, "Metro Station" ?" Wei Fat suddenly took a deep breath.

"The Great Director, Zhang Tong!" Shen Lian Jie's eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

"Yes!"

"..."

………………………………

A person is sometimes incomparable.

Wei Fat's eyes seem a little bit complicated, his emotions become a little complicated, and he even thinks that the reality has start to get complicated.

He also feels inferior.

Wei Fat had never have an inferiority complex, even when if he was in front of Shen Lian Jie.

Shen Lian Jie, and his fake gentleman appearance, had always tried to step on Wei Fat's confidence.

But.. that kind of pretense never got him.

Wei Fat never thought that his education, qualifications and talents are worse than Shen Lian Jie after all.

However... Lu Yuan's performance tonight made him realized inferiority. Lu Yuan showed him how to play false-modesty properly, how to step-on someone with talent, and showed him what is the highest state of pretense.

'Inexplicably pretending?'

"Allright, let's have it like this first, and if I'm free this weekend, I'll call Zhang Tong to come to the recording studio to see."

"Well, okay!"

"This is my number! Don't throw it this time!"

"Oh, I won't, I won't, I will definitely keep it." Lu Yuan still gave a fake smile.

'Can't forget this time!'

"Ok, good. I'm leaving now then. Waiter, bill!" 

"Ah! Mister Chen, how can I let you pay for this. It's not right, let me... I mean the drinks are supposed to be paid by them." 

"Huh? Do you know them?"

"We know, we know..." Shen Lian Jie nodded his head again and again. All his pretenses were gone.

"Huh? Who are you? I'm sorry, we don't know you... and we don't need some low-class person to help us pay. You are not qualified yet!" While Shen Lian Jie still nodding his head, We Fat stood up slowly, then spoke up with prestige and condescending eyes. His pretentious' level had went up!

He is completely looks like an extreme villain.

"You!" Shen Lian Jie's face turned purple.

'Low class person?'

'What do you mean!'

-------------------------

Author's note :

3 chapters today. 

Happy new year 2020 everyone.

Please like and comment.

Thank you,

CR_V

8