28. Firecrackers? What, firecrackers?
159 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Every man has dignity. A fat man also has dignity. 

Wei Fat indeed could had ordered 40 cups of musk coffee and have Shen Lian Jie paid the bill, but he refused.

When Wei Fat saw Liu Ting Ting's face, he changed his mind.

However, despite refusing Shen Lian Jie's "generosity" , Wei Fat still feels uncomfortable in his heart.

...............

Night, moonlight, long street, BBQ stall...

"Lu Yuan, you damned liar... You said you're going to be a supporter tonight, but all the lights were robbed by you, and everyone became supporters instead. Damn you! You fucking pretender!"

"..."

"God damnit... even if I'm just a supporter, it still feels so good! Fuck, here, take one, and you know... whenever I think of his gloomy face, I'm very happy! Boss! One more white... no, no, make it three more beer!

"..."

"Damn... Liu Ting Ting, that bitch! Damned bitch! I was really fucking blind! Come! Cheers!"

"..."

"Liu Ting Ting, you ungrateful bitch!"

"..."

"How kind I was to you..."

"..."

"Why... why you didn't understand me..."

"..."

At the BBQ stall, the owner is looking at a fat man at the corner table with strange expression.

The fat man was crying for a while, then suddenly laughing for a while, and then after a while he was crying again... The fat man is looking like a mental patient.

Lu Yuan lits a cigarette while looking at Wei Fat, whom in tears and heartbroken. He knew, Wei Fat needs to vent now.

Few plates of BBQ' skewers and dozens of empty beer bottles on the table, filled the air around with alcoholic smells.

At this moment, Wei Fat is really sad.

The usually harsh and heartless fat guy, is actually very sensitive deep inside

Lu Yuan found out that Liu Ting Ting was Wei Fat's first girlfriend and love, and he had paid a lot for the woman.

However, nothing can beat the bitch called reality.

It has always been cruel.

Not handsome, not talented, and not a smooth talker. How can the fat man compared to a handsome, talented and pretentious Shen Lian Jie?

Thus... Liu Ting Ting kicked Wei Fat away...

Neat and clean.

The fat man asked with countless "why" , cried with endless tears, reasoned with his mind, promised with his attitude, vowed with his dignity, and cursed out with his envies, jealousies and hates, but none of it works. It was all useless.

That year... Wei Fat was heartbroken, sad, and lonely.

Before that year... Wei Fat was just a simple and honest, good boy.

After that year... Wei Fat had never looked back, holding on to himself with a pair of calloused hands that supported him to move on with no regrets.

Lu Yuan stubs his cigarette and looks up at the night sky.

Perhaps... This is Wei Fat's youth...

When Wei Fat was completely drunk, Lu Yuan paid the bill and dragged him out of the stall.

Two hundred kilos of fat... Lu Yuan is dragging with a tremendous effort.

"Lu Yuan... I'm not drunk!"

"I'm not... not drunk... I can still drink!"

"I can really...!"

"That... that car looks familiar...? SLJ88... It's him..!" Wei Fat looked up at a car that parked in a dark street corner, in confusion. He is watching it shaking strangely...

The people in the car are obviously doing some unspeakable activities...

Wei Fat's brain suddenly feels like hit by a truck and he quickly becomes angry.

He was going to rush over and kill the couple, but he was timely held by Lu Yuan.

"What are you going to do there!?"

"I....."

"Are you going to retaliate?"

"Yes! Lu Yuan, don't stop me!"

"You're drunk! Did you think how to do it?"

"..."

"You need to calm down, don't be excited... Learn from me, see, I'm a good citizen with good quality, uh... Actually, there're a few firecrackers in the company's warehouse."

"Ah? Firecrackers?" Wei Fat's eyes looking at Lu Yuan questionably. He didn't understand what Lu Yuan meant by firecrackers.

"Yeah, firecrackers." Lu Yuan's eyes met with Wei Fat's eyes then he nods firmly.

"Lu Yuan, are you ..." Wei Fat suddenly got excited!

"What me!? Don't talk nonsense! Am I the kind of person who throws firecrackers at other people's car? I'm a talented and good quality person! It's impossible for me! But... it's different for you."

"Why is it different for me?" Wei Fat's a little sobered eyes looking at Lu Yuan confusingly.

"Because you have no quality!"

"Fuck you! Ah, where are you going...?" Wei Fat was glaring at Lu Yuan, but Lu Yuan just turned and walked towards the company. Wei Fat suddenly realized something and he quickly follows Lu Yuan like a happy fat child.

Lu Yuan turned his head and looks at Wei Fat then he shakes his head back.

"Too young!"

Half and hour later...

Under the moonlight, the car is shaking vigorously than ever...

When Shen Lian Jie took a blue pill earlier, he became very fierce after a while. Now he almost can not control himself. 

He is trying to vent a lot of unhappiness in tonight's battle.

The car becomes his battlefield tonight.

He feels like he is a very powerful soldier that have great perseverance right now.

The battle is going to reach the climax soon!

Soon, he is going to be the winner! 

However... 

"Brother... ah... Brother Shen, it seems like... ah... some... something is in the car... ah... the...  the window is not... ah... not closed... ah..."

"Shh, don't talk, I'm coming!"

"Ah... ah... but... ah..."

"Shh! Don't talk, I'm almost here!"

"crackle!"

"pop!"

"crackle!"

"crackle!"

"Pop! Crackle! Crackle!"

The moon is bright and beautiful, it's brilliantly shining in the dark sky...

By a series of non-stop crackling and loud popping sounds, Shen Lian Jie's whole body convulsed tremendously with an extreme shock and panic expression on his face.

The fierceness that he showed seconds ago replaced by horrendous empty feeling at this moment.

Shen Lian Jie looked up then stared in fear at a figure that dashing into an alley.

The night is dark and creepy, for a moment he did not know what it was.

"What the fuck..."

………………………………

Maybe when something is gone, it is impossible for it to return.

Maybe there will be nostalgic memories left.

Maybe there will be unpleasant memories left.

But you will not experience it again.

That is the concept of youth's broken-love.

But of course, looking away trying to forget, indulgence, introspection and letting go... is another concept.

Lu Yi Hong is still sleeping miserably in the company.

In the middle of the night, when Wei Fat got to his bed. His sorrowful cries and creepy laughs, continues. 

The alcohol smell and the gloomy sounds that passed through Lu Yi Hong's nose and ears went to his brain, it made him sunk into a nightmare.

It is an endless and hellish nightmare, full of creepy laughs and sorrowful cries.

Lu Yi Hong became very sad...

Even in his dream, he kept asking, "God, why my miseries are endless...?".

It was a torture for him...

But apparently, Lu Yi Hong is gradually getting used to it, but he is still sleeping miserably.

The next morning...

Wei Fat got up from his bed. His eyes shone brilliantly with fighting spirit, as if the whole person had reborn. 

He is pulling Lu Yi Hong, whom still having nightmare, out of his bed, wanting to drag him out to the set...

"I want to sleep!"

"Don't sleep! Let's go to the set!"

"It's still too early!"

"No! Let's go, hurry!"

"Damn!"

……………………

"No! That doesn't work! Details! We want details! Be meticulous! Do you understand?"

"We want to make a good movie! We want to win an award!"

"Okay, we gonna get the award like this! Keep it up!"

"You move it a little bit, yes, move it a little bit!"

"Damn! This is not good! The lens is not right, its affecting the look!"

When Wei Fat arrived on the set, he went straight to his deputy director seat, took a bite, drank, then started directing the shooting right away. 

Wei Fat worked very hard throughout the shooting and he even took some miscellaneous works in the set.

.........

The shooting progress was surprisingly fast, by evening in the next day, the movie is already half done.

Lu Yuan had been very happy since yesterday, most of the time he was just sitting on his director seat, smoking from time to time, watching the shooting leisurely and occasionally giving some constructive suggestions. He was very relaxed.

Wei Fat had done all the works for him.

This kind of director job, he is obviously very happy to do it.

When Lu Yuan heard that the movie will be finished in two weeks, if everything goes well, he was struck with double happiness!

He was smiling like a thief all day.

He figured out, if the shooting is this fast, he could save more money for his future restaurant.

'Excellent!'.

'The decoration can be better, and the capital can have more... Hehe'

When today's shooting was over in the evening, two unexpected guests came to the set.

Shen Lian Jie with a sullen face and Liu Ting Ting with the same expression.

They went straight to Wei Fat as everyone saw them coming.

"Did you threw that firecrackers!?" Shen Lian Jie gritted his teeth when he whispered the words.

"What? Speak louder, I can't hear you. Firecrackers?" Wei Fat heard the words, but he was pretending to be deaf and asked back loudly.

"You! ... What were you doing after we met that night!"

"What? What I was doing that night? I was drinking with Lu Yuan until yesterday morning! What happened? Did you not sleep well that night?

"You... you do not need to speak so loud..." Shen Lian Jie looked at the people around him, he suddenly became nervous. There was a hint of resentment in his nervous eyes.

"Make it clear!" Wei Fat still spoke loudly, and took a hand speaker in his hand, then looking around the set purposefully with his eyes squinted, as if he wanted to attract the crew attentions. He looked like a third rate villain.

"You! I will remember you!"

"Remember what!?" 

Wei Fat is still pretending not to know anything, and he even made an aggressive look.

"Hmph! Let's go!"

"Brother Shen, where are we going? He is definitely the thief, he ..."

"Go!" Shen Lian Jie pulled Liu Ting Ting's hand, he is ready to leave the place.

"Wei Wu Ji, don't do this, you weren't like this before!" Liu Ting Ting inhaled deeply, staring at Wei Fat's eyes coldly.

"Bullshit! Ptoey!" Wei Fat spat out a thick sputum then pulled out a "Red Orchid" in style.

"You...!" Liu Ting Ting shivered with anger.

"No need to talk to him anymore! Wei Fat! Remember, from now on I will always be on you, no matter what! You always going to be a shitty director! An inferior person, always! I swear! Don't act like you don't know anything! Do you think I don't know? It was you who did it! You will know our gap once the movie is released! You, your crew and your movie are all rubbish!"

"Firecrackers? What firecrackers? Are you going to play with firecrackers?" He spoke through a hand speaker loudly.

Wei Fat smiled brilliantly.

Everyone in the crew looking at Shen Lian Jie curiously.

Wei Fat took Shen Lian Jie's disdain lightly.

'Too easy.'

"Humph!" Shen Lian Jie made a heavy grunt, and hurried to leave with Liu Ting Ting.

Wei Fat is watching Shen Lian Jie leaving in a hurry, while inexplicably having a sudden urge to pee...

……………………

"He agreed?"

"Yes!"

"Okay, I'll be there as soon as possible! I want to listen to him singing."

"Okay, and don't forget to bring a good guitar."

"No problem."

9