29. Wai Hang Mi ?
232 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The summer in Hengdian on July is hot, very hot.

Unbearably hot.

Lu Yuan is standing on a high slope near the set, his shirt stained with sweats. His face is frowning upon a cigarette in his hand.

He is pondering over the taste of the cigarette that seems to have changed because of the heat, it tastes like a cheap cigarette when he smoked.

'Did the fat man really bought me the cheap ones?'

Lu Yuan shakes his head while suppressing the thought.

The shooting gradually becomes much harder and intense, but it was very fulfilling with each successful take.

Lu Yuan has worked very hard these days.

Lu Yuan is not a skilled worker, he completely understands where he lacks. While pretending to be a director, he also secretly learning some professional knowledge from watching and helping the crew doing their works. Although he did not grasped the knowledge quickly, Lu Yuan still feels he has made a great progress.

At least, it was more effective than just reading tips from the book "How To Be a Director.".

It seems that practice is much more useful than just reading a book when it comes to learning a new skill.

If Lu Yuan makes another movie in the future, he will have a better grasp on his work, or at least he can position himself better in the crew and at the same time he can also pretend better.

But...

'What should be the main dish in my restaurant later?'

'Rice bowl? Egg fried rice?'

'Hmm, what about the pastries and desserts?'

Ok.

Of course! In his free time, Lu Yuan has always searched the internet for various food ideas and decoration styles for his future restaurant, as he does now!

He has always planned to open his own restaurant and set-off his "perfect life after rebirth".

"Lu Yuan, do you want to watch An Xiao's new album launch video?"

"What's there to see... Not interested."

"Did you not write a song for her?"

"And then?"

"Don't you pay attention to it?"

"I'm busy, no time paying attention to those messy things."

"Messy thing...Master Lu, you are... fucking awesome!"

In the after noon, Wei Fat ran over to Lu Yuan with his cellphone and showed Lu Yuan the video on his cellphone, his eyes were full of stars.

It was obvious that the fat bastard is a fan of An Xiao.

As for Lu Yuan... 

He just yawned with lack of interest and continued to smoke.

'What's so good about a new album launch video?'

'Anyway, according to the contract, I just need to wait for the dividend, everything should be smooth.'

"Master Lu, are you sure you don't want to watch this? This is An Xiao's solo album launch video. There will be interview too. Don't you care what kind of response the song you write will get?"

"Be quiet! Leave me alone."

"Okay... Master Lu, if you want to watch, you can just login then search for An Xiao in socool(dot)com, there will be link there for the live broadcast, and..."

"Fuck off!"

"..."

Wei Fat's enthusiastic chat interrupted Lu Yuan's thoughts on his restaurant. It made Lu Yuan lost his inspirational decoration style just now, and could not remembered what it was after a while...

So he became impatient with Wei Fat.

After Wei Fat saw at Lu Yuan's annoyed face, he soon left without knowing what he had done wrong 

"Is he very confident in his song, or what? Are talented people supposed to be this weird?" Wei Fat could only scratched his head. He felt he did not understand Lu Yuan well enough.

Facing Lu Yuan's brutality, he could only took it this way.

An Xiao's solo album launch is really full of highlights, there are many big stars to support the scene, a well-known hostess to control the show's atmosphere, and a luxury sweepstakes for off-site signing event after the launch.

Sky Entertainment media company obviously very enthusiastic about An Xiao's new solo album and they are also very optimistic about her future career. Sky Entertainment gave An Xiao full supports and expecting she could become the next Queen in music industry.

The fat man is very happy. He laughed, screamed and cheered like a desperate pig, he even eagerly kissed his phone screen and screamed "I love you!" from time to time like a crazy fan.

Lu Yuan got annoyed by the crazy pig and went further away.

'This fat is sick!'

Li Qing had been busy with the endless tasks in the crew today. When he was a little bit relaxed, he went to Wei Fat's gathering and watched An Xiao's new album interview together. The two brothers looked excited, they did not have any resistance to the beautiful An Xiao at all.

In the distance, Lu Yuan watched them and felt helpless.

Except for Lu Yi Hong, whom still reading and pondering the script, and the busy staff, everyone else have a cellphone in their hand, watching An Xiao's interview video on it.

"Sigh... In this world, young people are busy in their own world with their cellphones... so many people are separated from each other..." Lu Yuan said with a long sigh.

He felt he was the only enlightened one in this mundane world.

Ugh...

Lu Yuan folds his hands behind his back then looks far away in the distance...

Just then... his cellphone rings.

He takes out his phone and stares at the phone screen with a stranger's number on it, with a frown.

"Telemarketing?" 

Lu Yuan hung up.

"Wow!"

"I was so excited!"

"The fuck, was that An Xiao's mysterious friend number two?"

"Damn! What happened..."

"The second person An Xiao wants to thank is a man?"

"Fuck, shouldn't that be An Xiao's mysterious boyfriend!"

"What the fuck, you serious!?"

"No man, An Xiao is my little angel, don't talk about a mysterious boyfriend!"

"Hah?"

The crew suddenly made a loud noise, of which, Wei Fat's pig screaming sound was the loudest.

Their wailing sounds accompanied by the screaming pig sounded very miserable.

Lu Yuan's phone rang again at this time.

"Shut up! Damn, be a little quiet! Do you still want to eat your lunch!?"

Their miserable wails made Lu Yuan jumped and scared earlier, and it seriously affected his self-indulgence, so he picked up the hand speaker and roared at the noisy crew.

With such a roar, the entire crew gone quiet.

But obviously, they are more afraid of Lu Yuan's lunch threat.

At least Wei Fat feels so. Even though his whole face turned red, he didn't dare to say anything back....

'No other director can do it, but Lu bastard...'

'This bastard never act according to common sense. If he said you don't have lunch, then you won't really have lunch.'

"Ring... Ring..." 

Lu Yuan's phone rang again.

"Hey!"

"Hey, rogue Lu, you finally answered the phone? Busy now?"

"Okay, eh, who are you?"

"Don't you know me?"

"Hello? Hello? The signal is not good. I'm hanging up, okay?"

"Hello, can you hear me now?"

"Who are you really?"

"You try guessing who I am." The background sound from the other side of the phone sounded a bit noisy mixed with screams and yells.

"I don’t have money, I don’t need a loan and I don’t want to buy a house nor a car, I also don't have a girlfriend nor a female friend, and I don't want a blind date! So don’t call to scam me in the future! I'm hanging up!" Lu Yuan became impatient. He often received such scam calls before.

He is totally annoyed.

"Don't, don't... I'm not lying to you..." The voice on the other phone suddenly got anxious, the tone sounded very angry but it seemed forced to imitate a gentle lady voice.

"Eh..." When Lu Yuan heard the voice, he felt familiar. So he immediately put down the idea of hanging up the phone.

'She should not be a liar, right?'

"Do you recognized my voice now?

 The voice on the phone was soft and gentle.

"Eh... really you... you are ..."

"It's true, I am really..." The voice suddenly became excited.

"Wai Hang Mi? The neighbour girl in the village?"

"....."

"Lu bas... rogue! I'm live on the interview event now, can you be a little more serious!" The voice on the phone was obviously became speechless for a while, then it finally stopped pretending to be a gentle lady and turned into an angry lady.

"I'm serious! Are you really Hang Mi?" Lu Yuan frowned deeply.

"I'm not! I'm An Xiao!" The voice sounded like it almost exploded.

"Oh, oh, sorry, sorry, how do you have my number?"

"You gave it to me. Didn't you saved my number?"

"I... did not..."

"You... you bas...  nevermind! You should be filming now, right?"

"Yes, yes, right, I'm filming now."

"How's it going?"

"It's okay... Umm... why are you calling me today? If there's nothing then I'll hang up. My battery is running out."

"Bas... Uh... I just want to say thank you to today." An Xiao at the other end of the phone was always on the edge of exploding, but somehow she managed to keep being gentle and even grateful. 

"Thank me for what?"

"Well, you are busy now, I'm hanging up, okay... The movie is released, I'll support! Fight-o!" An Xiao's voice was sounded cute at the end of her words.

Toot...

"?????"

Lu Yuan looked at his phone, he somehow felt inexplicable.

'The word at the end, sounded like a sarcasm.'

'Did she talked nonsense?'

'What is this woman doing?'

'She didn't say anything about why she thanked me.'

'Thanking me for doing nothing?'

'Maybe she is sick too.'

Lu Yuan put back his cellphone in his pocket.

At this time, the whole crew wailed once again!

"Fuck! Who is this rogue Lu, why was he so rude!"

"Yeah, Wai Hang Mi, who the hell is this!"

"Our angel, An Xiao, is much more famous!"

"He was really rude!"

"Who is this rogue Lu!"

There was an endless swearing in the crew.

Only Wei Fat and Li Qing walked with a complex expression towards Lu Yuan...

"Lu Yuan..."

"What!?"

"Did you talked on the phone just now?"

"Yeah, how do you know?"

"An Xiao called you?"

"What! Did you tapped my phone!?" Lu Yuan's eyes was widened in shock looking at Wei Fat.

"An Xiao is having a new album launch event. I just told you that, did you forgot?"

"Oh, then...?" Lu Yuan became confused and looking at Wei Fat with innocent eyes.

"It was her thank-you-call event, but Wai Hang Mi came out of you..." Wei Fat inhaled deeply "I don't know why, but I really want to punch you now!"

"Me too!" Li Qing nodded in agreement.

"?????"

11