side story 1 part3
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BIT – Side Story One (Part 3)

At the prestigious banquet venue, a valet parks Xiao Yi Dong’s big sister’s car.

Xiao Yi Dong enters the banquet venue, and spots Wen Cheng at the centre of a crowd. He’s known Wen Cheng since he was a little boy. Wen Cheng is a brooding handsome man who seldom speaks. But he knew women loves brooding handsome men like Wen Cheng.

Wen Cheng is wearing a black suit with cufflinks shiny as his eyes. Xiao Yi Dong decides to greet Wen Cheng after he completes his mission, making connections.

‘Hi,’ Alice greets Xiao Yi Dong.

‘Hello,’ Xiao Yi Dong greets the young woman drinking a cocktail glass in a tight dress, wishing he’s with Wen Cheng instead. ‘I’m Ron.’

Alice looks like she’s interested in Xiao Yi Dong until she opens her mouth again.

‘You have a nice car,’ Alice compliments. ‘Do you want to go out for coffee later?’

‘It’s a nice car,’ Xiao Yi Dong says. ‘But it’s not a car I can afford to buy. I borrowed the car.’

‘Oh,’ Alice says disappointedly.

‘The car’s not the only thing I borrowed tonight,’ Xiao Yi Dong says. ‘The suit I’m wearing is a rental. You asked me to go out for coffee. But I need to go to work at another part time job later.’

Alice smiles politely, and walks away from Xiao Yi Dong.

Xiao Yi Dong laughs to himself, and senses someone standing behind him.

‘Yi Dong, if the young woman knew you’re the heir of Xiao’s company, do you think she’ll come back to you?’ Wen Cheng asks.

Xiao Yi Dong is scared Alice will come back if she knew the truth. ‘Big brother, I’m begging you not to torture me.’

Wen Cheng calmly pats Xiao Yi Dong’s shoulder. ‘Yi Dong, you look alright tonight.’

‘Big sister helped me pick out this suit,’ Xiao Yi Dong says.

‘Your big sister…’ Wen Cheng says regrettably.

‘Big sister is at home finishing off her final assessment before graduation,’ Xiao Yi Dong says. ‘She said to pass on congratulations to you. May be she’s avoiding the bothersome Mark who is pursuing her. I should let dad know to take care of Mark.’

‘Mark?’ Wen Cheng asks.

Wen Cheng remembers a handsome pianist name Mark who has famous musician parents.

‘Big brother Wen Cheng, didn’t you say you wanted to introduce me to someone?’ Xiao Yi Dong asks.

‘Yi Dong, are you serious?’ Wen Cheng asks. ‘You’re the third generation Xiao. Do you really want to make your own future with bare hands?’

‘Don’t mention my parents,’ Xiao Yi Dong says. ‘I need to take a DNA test, because I don’t think they’re my biological parents.’

‘If I remember correctly, every birthday someone receives a lump sum from their parents,’ Wen Cheng says.

‘Big brother, don’t be fooled by them,’ Xiao Yi Dong says. ‘On paper the money is under my name. But my parents are the ones in control of the money. I received a phone call from the bank’s CEO. He said that a large amount from my bank account has been transferred to my big sister’s bank account.’

‘Alright, I’ll introduce you to some people,’ Wen Cheng concedes.

‘Thank you big brother Wen Cheng… wait, mum’s calling my phone,’ Xiao Yi Dong says.

Xiao Yi Dong answers his mum’s phone call for a while. Afterward, he passes the phone to Wen Cheng. ‘Big brother Wen Cheng, mum wants to talk to you.’

‘Hello aunty,’ Wen Cheng greets warmly.

‘Congratulations Xiao Cheng,’ Tang Tu Quan says. ‘Aunty has no clue about Xiao Cheng’s chosen industry. But I heard from Bei Yuan that you’re respected by many reputable people in your industry, and they’re attending your grand opening tonight.’

‘Thank you aunty,’ Wen Cheng says humbly. ‘Aunty, I’m happy to hear a rare praise from Uncle Xiao.’

‘Um, Xiao Cheng, remember to take good care of aunty’s Luo Luo,’ Tang Tu Quan says. ‘Don’t let her drink wine, and make sure she goes home early.’

‘Aunty, Luo Luo didn’t come tonight,’ Wen Cheng says. ‘She said she has to finish her final assessment before graduation. Only Yi Dong came tonight.’

‘Really?’ Tang Tu Quan asks. ‘Then when you come home, uncle and aunty will throw you a congratulations party. Your mum is proud of you too.’

‘Thank you aunty,’ Wen Cheng says. ‘Bye.’

‘Big brother Wen Cheng, what did my mum say to you?’ Xiao Yi Dong asks.

‘Your mum asked me not to let Luo Luo drink wine, and make sure she goes home early,’ Wen Cheng says.

‘I knew it,’ Xiao Yi Dong says. ‘Mum only cares about big sister.’

Wen Cheng pats Xiao Yi Dong’s shoulder. ‘Come along. I’ll introduce you to some people.’

End of Side Story One (Part 3)

0