side story 1 part5
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BIT – Side Story One (Part 5)

Xiao Yi Jin leans on a wall, and thinks about Wen Cheng’s friends’ opinions about her.

Xiao Yi Jin is well off compared to college students her own age. She lives in a big house, owns a sports car, and doesn’t need to worry about tuition fees or living expenses. The students at her college calls her a sugar mummy behind her back. They speculate she’s rich because she used to have a sugar daddy.

Xiao Yi Jin doesn’t think she has anything exceptional about her. She’s not a genius, beautiful, popular, and everything she owns are bought by her parents. It didn’t matter how other people perceive her. Except Wen Cheng’s opinion matters to her. He knows she’s an ordinary woman.

‘Luo Luo, you’re awake,’ Wen Cheng says. ‘Are you feeling better this morning?’

Xiao Yi Jin nods, and sits at the dining table. She avoids Wen Cheng’s hand that wants to touch her forehead to check her temperature.

‘Remember to take medicine after you eat,’ Wen Cheng says awkwardly.

The tension between Xiao Yi Jin and Wen Cheng breaks when Xiao Yi Dong returns home.

‘Big sister, I’m going to wash my face,’ Xiao Yi Dong says.

Xiao Yi Jin grabs her little brother’s arm before he can escape upstairs. ‘Xiao Yi Dong, did you get into a fist fight with someone?’

Xiao Yi Jin wants to go get the first aid kit for her little brother. His face is bruised, and there is blood on his cut lips. ‘Xiao Yi Dong, wait until I tell papa and mum about what a good fighter you are.’

‘Big sister, don’t tell dad and mum,’ Xiao Yi Dong pleas. ‘It’s normal for young men like me to get into fights after drinking. If big sister tell dad and mum, they’ll kick me out of your house. Big sister, if I have to rent a place to live, I’ll die from hunger.’

Wen Cheng quietly watch Xiao Yi Dong guilt trip Xiao Yi Jin. He and Xiao Yi Dong knew Xiao Yi Jin has a soft heart.

When Wen Cheng is alone with Xiao Yi Dong, Xiao Yi Dong confesses.

‘Big brother Wen Cheng, your judging eyes are scaring me,’ Xiao Yi Dong says.

‘Why did you get into a fight with someone?’ Wen Cheng asks.

‘Big brother, you know what good kind of people to invite to your party,’ Xiao Yi Dong says sarcastically. ‘Some people dare to spread false rumors about big sister at your party. My sister is innocent. She’s not a sugar mummy, and she never had a sugar daddy. She never asked dad and mum to give her money or buy her things. They spread malicious rumors about her out of jealousy. How can I stand there, listen to their dribble, and do nothing? Dad and mum won’t forgive me if I did nothing.’

Wen Cheng is unhappy people spread rumors about Xiao Yi Jin too.

Xiao Yi Dong opens a laptop, and shows Wen Cheng the website people spread rumors about his big sister. ‘Big brother Wen Cheng, take a look at the malicious comments they wrote about big sister online.’

Wen Cheng sees an old photo of the beautiful Xiao siblings. In the old photo Xiao Yi Jin picks up Xiao Yi Dong at the airport. It’s the malicious comments underneath the photo that angers Wen Cheng. The commenters wrote that Xiao Yi Jin is a sugar mummy who fears being lonely so she pays for toy boys.

‘Big brother Wen Cheng, now do you see why they made me angry?’ Xiao Yi Dong asks. ‘Do a handsome young man like me look like he needs a sugar mummy?’

‘Yi Dong, I think you’re missing the main point,’ Wen Cheng jokes.

Xiao Yi Jin returns to the kitchen, and is curious what Wen Cheng and Xiao Yi Dong is looking at on the laptop.

‘Yi Dong, let me see,’ Xiao Yi Jin says.

‘Big sister, my face hurts,’ Xiao Yi Dong deflects.

‘Xiao Yi Dong, let me see,’ Xiao Yi Jin repeats.

Xiao Yi Jin grabs the laptop from Xiao Yi Dong. ‘Big sister, don’t take what they say to heart.’

Wen Cheng notices how Xiao Yi Jin glances at the laptop then she calmly cleans Xiao Yi Dong’s cut lips.

‘Big sister…’ Xiao Yi Dong calls.

‘Yi Dong, in the future, don’t get into fights over trivial matters,’ Xiao Yi Jin says.

‘Oh…’ Xiao Yi Dong says, and looks at Wen Cheng to say comforting words toward Xiao Yi Jin.

Wen Cheng unexpectedly lectures Xiao Yi Dong. ‘Xiao Yi Dong, listen to your big sister. If you fight over trivial matters, what’s going to happen when you face bigger problems in the future? Ask your dad how he runs a business, and handles problems without getting into fist fights.’

‘Big brother Wen Cheng, have you forgotten my dad almost went bankrupt because of mum?’ Xiao Yi Dong asks.

Xiao Yi Dong notices his big sister’s face turning white so he stops talking about their parents’ past. ‘Big sister, don’t be upset. I’ll help big sister step on those rotten eggs.’

‘Yi Dong, don’t make me worry about you,’ Xiao Yi Jin says.

‘It’s good you two are safe,’ Wen Cheng says diplomatically. ‘I need to go to work.’

‘Big brother Wen Cheng, come over here for dinner this Saturday night,’ Xiao Yi Dong says.

‘What’s the occasion?’ Wen Cheng asks.

Xiao Yi Dong looks at his big sister and hesitates.

Xiao Yi Jin smiles. ‘An ordinary dinner.’

‘Um, I’ll come early and help prepare dinner,’ Wen Cheng says.

On Saturday evening, Xiao Yi Jin waits patiently for Wen Cheng.

‘Big sister, don’t waste your time waiting,’ Xiao Yi Dong says. He frowns at the melting gelato cake. ‘Big brother Wen Cheng isn’t coming.’

Xiao Yi Jin nods, and starts clearing the dining table. ‘Yi Dong, you can go to sleep. I’ll clean up.’

After Xiao Yi Jin cleans the kitchen, she looks at news articles online to help her sleep.

Xiao Yi Jin didn’t expect to see a photo of Wen Cheng on the news. In the photo he’s wearing casual clothes, and has a beautiful famous singer under his arm. She finally understands why he moved to the U.S., and why he went to a concert instead of eating dinner with her.

‘Wen Cheng, is this the woman you love?’ Xiao Yi Jin asks softly to herself.

Xiao Yi Jin’s heart still hurts even though she knew she isn’t the woman who Wen Cheng will choose to love. Why would he love an ordinary woman like her? She’s only someone who drags him around to play with her when she was a little girl. She even foolishly followed him to the U.S., why would he want to be with someone like her?

Xiao Yi Jin wipes her teary eyes, and shuts down the laptop.

End of Side Story One (Part 5)

0