Chapter 22 – Soul Realm
1.1k 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Silence.

Seele didn’t utter a single word as she meditates on the cold floor. Darkness has always been the best atmosphere for her to meditate. It makes her feel lonely, separated from the world outside and she was fond of darkness.

Seele controls her breathing, focusing and keeping her mind blank. Any sorts of distraction will ruin her concentration. Slowly, she pours all of her centralized Mana across her body, regulating not only through her muscles but also bones and organs as well. The effect causes her to envelope in purple aura and what’s more, it causes her to levitate up in the air. The way she remained seated while levitating in the air made her looked like a monk from a monastery. The atmosphere around her completely changed.  

She can no longer hear the sound of the busy crowd outside of her room, the sounds of birds chirping on the sky was no longer heard, the heat was gone and it she felt cold instantly. She opened her eyes and she was no longer her room. Instead, she is now in a pitch black dimension where everything is completely void to her. Although, in reality she is still in her room meditating while floating 5 feet in the air. She has finally reached total concentration - no one can bother her or harm her in any way. Seele is protected in an energy sphere, any poor souls would die if they touch it.

She looked around before setting her feet down the dimension. She could feel her cold floor touching her bare feet. Several torches lightened up in blue flames around her lighting up the space. Slowly, the pitch black dimension starting to morph into a chamber or a hall filled with blue hues thanks to the color of the flames. Pillars around her stretching into heavens but she couldn’t see how high it goes as it was consumed in darkness beyond the torches’ range. Below her feet, a sigil carved onto the floor with weird inscriptions and several candles are placed at the edge of the circle. The atmosphere feels grim and gloomy in this dimension. After all, this is due to her powers.

It was no doubt, she had finally arrived.

Soul Realm.

A dimension where dead souls are lingering and used as a medium to interact with the dead ones be it to see them again or to seek answers from the dead. Seele has been in this place countless of times. She stopped coming to this world long time ago but after that certain incident, she came back hoping to find the purpose and to ease her very own soul.

She scanned around the chamber to find any lingering souls.

“You came again, Seele.” A female voice called.

Seele turned around and saw a figure before her.

It was a woman in her late 30s, she had a long black hair tied into pony tail, glowing purple eyes just like her. She adorns an armor of black breast plate, pauldron, gauntlet on her top and shin guard at her leg. All of them are inscribed with runes and ornaments of a dragon. As for her dress, there isn’t much to be said. She wore red tights that covers her upper body but not her abdomen and she wears a red panties covered with a long tattered red waist cape covering her long legs. There was barely enough to cover her body. Seele’s initial thought when she first met her was that the woman might be an exhibitionist.

“Coming here is pointless, young lady. Go and have date with that boy you just met, it’s better than getting beaten to pulp.”  The woman waved her hand as if she was an insignificant person in her sight. The woman turned and walked away from the site.

“A battalion of orc forces are coming towards Fecta’s inland.” The woman stopped and turned towards Seele. It was a sign that she was interested. “And Bulgen will be the first town to be attacked by those forces.”

The woman remained silent for a few seconds before speaking again, “And you’re here because you want to know if you can defeat them?”

“Yes.”

“Well, you have my powers. What do you think?”

“I don’t feel like its necessary to show my powers at all.”

“Yet, you revealed your power to that boy.”

“I only told him what’s necessary. Besides, I don’t fully trust him either.” Seele grits her teeth as she reminds of the bitter past.

“So, is that it? You entered soul realm just for this trivial question? To lament on your past?” Martha glared at her, she had an annoyed look on her face.

“You know, why I’m here.” Seele narrowed her eyes and changes her tone. “Those orc forces, it’s not a coincidence that they move as a single force. Someone is commanding them and I want to know who it is.”

Martha wears a skeptical expression on her face, “And you assume I know who’s behind this mess?”

“You’re the top general and the strategist of Haresha Empire three years ago. Of course someone like you would know about the other high ranked generals and those who are in the inner circle of the previous Haresha King in the war five years ago.”

Seele wasn’t bluffing. After all, the person standing before her is one of Haresha’s top general and one of the targets in the mercenary guild’s list – Martha Ylzica. If she needed some info on the movements of Haresha Empire, Martha would be the first person she seeks. After all, she and Martha had known each other for a long time and the first time she met, their swords clashed.

“Indeed, I am the top strategist of Haresha Empire. I won countless of battles against the neighboring empire. But yet, I’m just a dead woman. All my knowledge about the world of living might be obsolete.” Martha replied. “What exactly do you seek from obsolete information, Seele?”

What Martha said was true. It has been five years since war ended. Any information that she has is useless at the current time. After all, information might have changed in the past five years.

“It doesn’t matter.” Seele said coldly. “I know there are rumors about an underground movement in Haresha Empire to topple the current pacifist government. I need you to give me the names of the top ranking officers who were likely still alive after the previous war. They are believed to be the ones who planned this assault.”

Martha’s eyebrows knitted together, she sighed and crossed her arms. “Didn’t I tell you this before, young lady? Whatever knowledge I have is considered USELESS.” Seele didn’t say a single word as the two exchanges glare towards each other. It was a clear sign from Martha that she doesn’t have anything to offer for Seele. “If you have nothing else to say, leave. I want my soul to be left in alone in peace.”

The woman turned around and walked off towards the darkness. As her steps gradually disappear, Seele stopped her.

“Wait.” Seele said.

Martha stopped and turned around, “What?”

“If you have no answers for me, then how about be do the usual thing?”

Martha was irritated by her sudden word, “What… You can’t possibly…”

“Yes. I insist.” Seele said coldly.

“For what?” Martha barked. “You know the outcome already. You will always be defeated. And so, I have to refuse.”

“Are we doing this or what?” Purple flames ignited around Seele.

Martha narrowed her eyes glaring at the young girl, “Foolish human, just how many times does it take for you to understand?”

“As many as I want.” The flame consumed her and instantly revealing Seele in her usual battle attire along with her signature attire – a dark red hoodie.

Martha could feel excitement surging through her body, she could barely hold back her smug, her fist gripping tighter as she couldn’t resist the offer.

“Well then, don’t blame me if you hurt yourself in the real life, young lady.” Martha threw her hands to the side. Like Seele, purple flames ignited from her hand releasing large amount of flames compared to the girl. Two weapons materialized out of the flame from her hands – an axe and a mamaluke sword both in black color. Martha licked her lips, “I’m looking forward to hear you screaming in pain again, girl.”

Seele drew her longsword out of the sheath, “Fuck you.”

“Well then, shall we…” Before she could finish her line, Seele was in the air in front of her going for the vertical strike. She was fast but it was expected. Martha dodged to side causing Seele’s strike to smash the floor where she stood at. Looking at the impact, she remarked “Whoa, if I haven’t dodged that I would’ve been a goner!” But then she sensed a killing intent behind her, It was Seele. “What?!” She used her axe to cut her down.

But Seele avoided by ducking down, using the opening she intends to stab through her abdomen but it was quickly parried by Martha using her sword. Seele jumped back a few meters giving some distance between her and Martha. She threw the throwing knives to Martha in which she simply blocked them with her axe.

“Same old move set from the previous battle, no wonder you kept losing to me in this world!” Martha taunted her.

“Who said I used the same move?” Seele replied mockingly.

Martha was puzzled but then she realized, there was a significant amount of Mana imbued into the knives. She looked onto the ground where one of knives she blocked was laying around. The knife glowed brightly in purple light. She clicked her tongue cursing as she knows what it means. The knife exploded igniting a large black-purplish flame and smoke covering the area where Martha was. The dead woman stepped out of the smoke and gain some distance between her and Seele.

Martha scanned her current condition - she had some bruises and some scratches. Her tattered waist cape is no longer there, it’s just an old piece of rag dangling from her waist.

“What a bummer, that was my favorite waist cape... Hey, Seele! I thought we agreed not to use any magic in this world?!” Seele responded by launching a surprised attack from the back why swinging down her sword with full force hoping to smash her skull instantly. However, Martha managed to block by using both of her weapons. The impact forced her to kneel as she could feel an immense strength pushing her down. “Damn, you’re not kidding at all!”

Seele poured more Mana into her sword making it heavier every second pinning Martha down. Seeing that moment has become desperate, the former general reinforced her strength and breaks out of Seele’s attack. She swung her sword and Seele avoided but Martha seizes the opportunity to attack her. The woman quickly lashed out swinging both of her weapons at the same time. Seele parries and their weapons clashed.

Martha swung down her axe and Seele evaded. She kicked axe out of her hand before slashing down onto the former general. Martha evaded with the blade barely cuts her face and simply evade and block multiple blows and slashes from Seele who had better advantage. As the mercenary was about to stab her, Martha slightly moved aside letting the mercenary passes her. Before Seele could think of a countermeasure, Martha was already one step ahead of her.

Martha tripped Seele’s leg causing her to lose balance. Seele cursed as she quickly uses her fall as a momentum and held out her hand to the floor to stop from falling and recover by using flip to create some distance but…

“FOOL!” Martha kicks the mercenary’s torso with full strength.

Seele flew off onto one of the pillars breaking it apart and crash landed on the cold stone floor. The pillar crumbled leaving thick dusts flying all over the place. Seele whimpered in pain as she picked up herself from the carnage. She could feel the pain screaming all across her body. The impact that she got from crashing onto the pillar was hurt but not as painful as Martha’s kick. That kick nearly made her puke, Seele coughed out as she tries to breathe in but it was hard.

“Aww… Did I hurt you too much?” Martha mocked.

Seele picked herself up and glared onto the former general with full of hatred. Her eyes were telling it all – she had enough of this bullshit. Focusing all Mana, she thrusts her left arm forward towards the woman and in a few seconds, the ground where Martha stood glows in bright purple. Out of sudden, several black vines appeared from the ground and began snatching Martha. The vines grabbed all four of her limbs and wrapped another one around her neck and torso. Seele proceeds to close all five of her digits causing the vines to stretch pulling each of Martha’s limbs hoping to submit her.

Martha was slightly surprised, she looked around looking at every each of the black vines wrapping her and her eyes glittered full of excitement.

“Oh wow! You mastered the ‘soul vines’ that fast?! Wait, I mean, I did prohibit you from using magic here, so…” Martha shrugs and then Seele tightened vines around her limbs. She could feel every single parts of her body being squashed and pulled apart. Martha simply laughed despite the pain, “Owww, damn… That really hurts! I didn’t know you’re into this kind of stuff!”

By ‘stuff’ she means ‘that certain sexual activity’ not that Seele cared at all.

“I won…” Seele grinned as the victory was in her hands. But Martha, she snorted. “What so funny?”

“Do you know why I prohibit the use of magic in this realm when we’re fighting?”

“What?” Seele was baffled. She didn’t expect the sudden question.

Suddenly, the vines entrapping Martha were burned into ashes by the black flame igniting all across her. The woman was free of the erotic scene and began to stretch around her limbs like she had just finished a massage session. Seele who was still in her stance was awestruck. Just like the Randy Orton scared of Undertaker entering arena meme. Her reaction was exactly like that meme.

She can feel the amount of mana flowing through the air… No, everything around her was beyond her limit.

“Really, you put up a good fight. But to bad…” Martha’s smirk disappeared. Instead, she looked bored as if she had enough of this play. “This ends now.”

Seele grits her teeth, she refuse to accept defeat.

“NOT YET!” she ran off towards the former general brandishing her longsword. She poured more mana into her sword making it glowing in purple energy before igniting in black flame. Once the woman is in her distance, she swung the sword hoping to get slash her.

Martha simply evaded the slash and continues to do so in the next couple of swings. Seele continues to attack the woman but not a single attack landed on her. But then, there was an opening. Using a feint, she fakes her swing forcing Martha to think that she’s slashing her. Using the rest of her energy as a momentum, she spun around and stabs her.

How wrong she was.

It was predicted. Martha evaded and grabbed the sword by its blade. The black flame was extinguished instantly from the blade. Seele was once again awestruck.

“Wha-UGH?!” Seele received a punch at her gut forcing her to kneel on the floor. It was the same place where she got kicked. “Wh… Why…”

Martha threw the sword away and knelt down facing the girl, “You should stop fighting. It’s for your own sake.” She said softly, though she didn’t look at Seele with sympathy. “Your body would’ve taken to much damage in the living realm by now. You have so much to learn, Seele. I thought you’re the best successor to my power.”

She spat on the ground, “POWER?! MORE LIKE A CURSE TO ME!”

The woman sighed and without a warning, Martha choked Seele deliberately and lifts her up. The girl could feel her neck slowly being crushed by her grip. Seele whimpered as she tries to escape from the former general’s grasp but it was useless. Every second, she could feel that she was closer to death.

“It’s nothing personal, Seele.” Martha said as she gazed onto the girl. “You need to let go of the past.”

Before she could utter a single word, Martha uses her all of her strength and slams Seele onto the ground with a chokeslam.

The last thing Seele remembered was a total blackout.

“AAGHHH!” Seele grunted as she sat up straight and held her head in pain. It was stinging all across the back of her skull. “Fuck…” She thought she was dead but as he scans around, it was her room. “What…” As she tries to regain the memories of what happened, she remembered.

Martha defeated her. She used her powers but yet, she still couldn’t beat her in that world.

She remembered it all.

“You need to let go of the past.”

Her eyes widened, she grits her teeth in anger. Those words kept ringing in her head.

“Let go of the past?!” She said under her breath. “Bullshit.”

Seele began positioning herself in the same meditating position and began concentrating again. Putting all of the rage brewing in her and the unstable emotion aside, she focused again. She needed to return to that world. Seele needed to prove at that old hag that she’s not weak!

She controls her breathing, channeling her mana across the body once again until she levitated in the air. Seele has finally reached the total concentration.

“All that’s left is too…”  Just as she thought, she could feel a stinging pain surging from her abdomen. Suddenly, she coughed and puked some blood. “UGH… Wha- COUGHK!” she pukes more blood causing her too loose her concentration. And in that effect, she fell down landing hard onto the floor with her face. “No…”

She feels the pain stinging her abdomen again, the more she moves the more it hurts. She remained lied on the floor in a fetal position as If something had broken in there.

“What?! Why?!”  She screamed internally, “I… haven’t injured myself… in this few days!”  She looked down on her abdomen and much to her surprised, there was a large purple bruise on appearing. “What?! No! NO!” she cried in fear. Seele couldn’t believe this is happening.

If a living soul gets hurt in the Soul Realm, not only their soul will be injured but also their body in living world as their soul is still attached to the living realm. All the injuries they sustained in the soul realm will be transferred to living realm. It was a complex concept for her but she understands that there will be consequences.

She hasn’t got injured for a long time. And if one tries to go back with an injury, their body wouldn’t be able to contain the mana as it takes a lot of power to do so.

“That bitch…” She cursed directing it to Martha for giving her such injuries. Seele stood up and flinched when the pain shot through her receptors. “Fuck!” She kneeled down on her fours and her breathing is getting heavier every second. She looked at the door which was a few meters away from her. “Villi…” She muttered hoping to get help from the maid as quickly as possible.

Using whatever strength left in her, she crawled all the way to the door even if her abdomen was giving her hell. She dragged her pitiful self as long as she could but it didn’t help as she could feel she’s about to pass out any seconds.

Just a few more meters.

She could feel her chest is getting hotter, her breathing is getting heavier and even her body is trembling. Seele knew she needed to go faster. She clawed her way and eventually, she reached the door. But it wasn’t over just yet.

“CUGH!” More blood coming out of her mouth, “No! Keep fucking up!” she tells herself. Seele unlocks the door. Her heart is beating faster. Her head was spinning, she can no longer thinking straight. “Come… on…” She turned the handle and tries to open it but everything started to get blurry. “No…”

Eventually, she fell down with the door barely opened. She has no strength left. Seele lied on the floor bathed in her own sweat, breathing heavily as if she’s about to die.

“Is this it? Is this how I die?” Seele thought. Her eyes were lifeless devoid of any hope. “Fuck… I got so much to do. I haven’t reached my goal just yet… I don’t wanna die like this… Joanna, Hector, Yvonne, Lucas…” Her sight begins to blur, her eyelid becoming heavier. “Fuck this world…”

Everything went dark instantly.


It was dark.

Seele could hear a faint sound in the distance.

Is she dead? Has she finally reached soul realm?

No.

She could feel her body moving, she could feel the cold breeze stroking her face, a blinding light shine at the corner of her eyes.

She knew that she was still alive.

Seele slowly opened her eyes, her eyes were blurry and she could see some figures by her side. She could feel that she’s lying on something soft, perhaps a bed? And not to mention, the sky outside had already turned dark indicating it’s already night. The room was illuminated with several candles burning in the room.  Soon, she could hear the voices and it became clear every second.

“Hey…” One of the figures called her. “Hey…”

The blurry sight begins to fade away, her sight becomes clearer. Then, she could see the figure’s face clearly. It was a man, sitting by her side with a smile on his face. A stupid smile that is… She recognized that stupid hair style and that stupid outfit. It was no doubt.

It was Tryx.

“Newbie…” she muttered weakly.

Tryx smiled and said “Hey, you finally awake.” Holding back his laughter, he added “You’re trying to cross the border, right?”

She had no idea what he meant but it’s definitely a joke he came up with. And her only response was…

“Fuck… You…” it was a weak response.

Tryx chuckled, “Yeah, I know my bad. Sorry about that joke.” He turned his head towards the entrance, “Hey Villi, she’s awake.”

With an instant, the beastkin quickly dashed into the room and kneeled by her side. She wears a worried look on her face with her eyes were showing mix of fear and crying. Seele could’ve guessed that she must be shocked to witness such pathetic side of her.

“Hey…” Villi called out softly. “You okay? Feel hungry? Thirsty?”

“No… I’m fine. But I am tired.” Seele replied.

“That’s good.” Villi put on a smile. It was the sweetest smile that they can get from a beastkin. “Seele?”

“Yeah?”

She reaches out her hand towards Seele’s head as both Tryx and Seele guessed that she wanted to give a headpat. That was all sweet until she smacked Seele’s forehead.

THWACK!

“OOF!” Seele grunted as she helplessly takes the damage.

“Villi?!” Even Tryx was surprised by her sudden act.

“You idiot, you made me worried!” Villi lashed out, “I thought you died! You always do weird things, you know that?!”

“Sorry…” Seele rolled her eyes looking away from the beast girl.

“You didn’t even reflect at all!” Villi pouted, there was a steam rising out of her head. She was definitely angry.

“I am…”

Villi sighed deeply and rubbed her temples, “I just don’t know how to handle you anymore. You should be lucky that Tryx found you. Be thankful to him from now on!”

“Newbie… Found me?” Seele’s eyes widened in surprised.

“Yes, he did! And stop calling him newbie! Aren’t you partners now?”

“Temporary…”

“Geez, it doesn’t matter!” Villi swing her fists up and down comically. Her actions reminded Tryx like they are like straight out of the anime and it was quite fun to watch. “Anyways, you should be grateful to be paired with Tryx. If he weren’t there, you would’ve died.”

“Yeah, I did.” Tryx stepped in, “I don’t really know about you, girl. But knowing your edgy behavior, you wouldn’t let your door unlocked and left opened at that. I went in and found you lying on the floor, tried to help but I couldn’t do anything to help you.”

Seele did remember before she passed out, she crawled all the way to the door to open it. But thanks to the injury, she fainted before she could open up the door. Seele couldn’t help but thinking that moment made her looked weak and helpless. If only the pain wasn’t that serious, she would’ve been able to ask for Villi but that wretched woman, Martha made her like this. She wouldn’t even be more piss if it weren’t for that.

“Seele… You don’t mind if we ask this but…” Tryx paused and cleared his throat. “What happened?”

The Crimson Demon was agitated, she wanted to tell them but she couldn’t. Would they believe her if she told them that she went to a different dimension and challenged a soul of a dead Hareshian General to prove her worth. And in the process she got injured, tried to go back, having

Just as those questions linger in her mind, someone answers his question.

“It seems that she couldn’t contain her mana flow.” A women’s voice chimed.

Everyone turned their eyes at the entrance where a woman enters. She had a typical magic staff and a long cape draping her body and she wears a less revealing dress. The only thing that sets her apart from the other witches is that she doesn’t wear a hat. And unlike most of the common sight, she looked quite old possibly around 40s to 50s. Seele initial thought was that she might be a mage.

“Who are you?” Seele asked in a cold tone.

“My name is Asterias Pulmira. I am a mage who happened to stay in this inn as well. Nice to meet you.” The woman introduced herself.

“Huh, nailed it.” Seele huffed proudly in silence.

“She’s the one who’s giving you the treatment. Although I tried my best using my meds to treat you it couldn’t do anything. So, we happen to bump her who said she can help you.” Tryx added.

The mage then stood next to Villi and starts explaining, “Indeed I do. However, I am not as good as a healer but I am confident in my ability to heal anyone with my magic.” She then looked onto Seele, “And you must be Seele, the infamous ‘Crimson Demon’.”

“So, you know me?”

“Who wouldn’t? You are one of the notorious mercenaries in this town, after all!”

“Anyways, what do you mean by mana flow?” Tryx wasn’t well versed in magic, so he needed a proper explanation.

“It seems that that Miss Seele sustained internal organ damage.” The two nearly panicked after hearing her words but she quickly explained, “Rest assured, I’ve healed her organs. There’s nothing to be worried about.” The two eventually calmed down and she continues, “Now, as I was saying… It seems that you were focusing all of your mana across your body. Are you trying perhaps testing your powers?”

“No. Meditating.”

“I see, that explains it all.” Asteria nodded, “You channeled all of your mana across your body, through all veins and organs without realizing that you sustained an injury?  You know its going to be terrible if you do that especially when your organ is damaged. The injured organs or body parts wouldn’t be able to contain the flow properly and cause it to burst injuring the user.”

“Injury?” Villi was surprised to hear such words. “But, she didn’t look that bad in the last few days…”

“Then, maybe she has the answer…”

Everyone looked at Seele waiting for her to say something. They were expecting a clear answer from her.

She hesitated as wasn’t sure if the mage could detect her lies but she needed too.

“Yes… I have an injury. It was an old injury that I got several months ago… I didn’t expect the wound to open up again…” She let out a dry smile and chuckled just to make it look convincing. She just hopes that they fell for it.

Surprisingly, they did.

“Is that so?” Villi looked at her sympathetic eyes. “Then you should’ve told me about it.”

“Nah, there’s no need to. I got into trouble everyday.”

“Even so, you should be more careful! Got it?”

“There she goes, acting all motherly again…” Seele rolled her eyes.

“Anyways, it seems that I don’t need to worry anymore.” Asterias spoke, “I’ve done my part. Miss Seele, its best that you don’t push yourself too much in the coming days. That means no magic is allowed or you’ll risk injuring your organs again.”

“You don’t get to tell me what to do.” Seele spat out

THWACK!

Another slap landed on Seele’s forehead.

“Ouch…”

“Don’t be so rude!” Villi scolded her and Seele only grumbles. “I’m so sorry!”

“It’s fine. I shall retire to my room then. Need to replenish my strength for tomorrow. Goodnight.” Asterias bowed and leaves the room. Her footsteps gradually disappear into distance before a door could be heard closed.

“Now then…” Villi stood up keeping her eyes onto Seele, “I should be going too, it’s getting late as well and I have business to attend to as well. And remember Seele, don’t do anything rash ever again!”

Seele simply sighed, “Yeah, yeah… I won’t.”

“That doesn’t sound convincing.” Villi narrowed her eyes looking at her full of doubt.

“At least it’s better than claiming that you have a lice problem and decided to skip your work.”

“Seele!” Villi was flushing red, she was definitely angry for revealing an embarrassing past especially in front of someone she barely knew. “Mr. Tryx! It’s not like that! I swear! I’m an honest worker!”

“It’s fine…” Tryx replied, not that he cares.

“Hmph! don’t even hope that you’ll get a breakfast tomorrow!”

“Fine by me…” Despite being emotionless, there was a hint of smugness emitting out of her which annoys the hell out of Villi.

Angry by her nonchalant behavior, Villi leaves the room seeing that she’s unable to win against her troll. “Seele, you blockhead!” her footsteps could be heard as she step down the stairs before disappearing in distance.

“That was mean.” Tryx commented.

“Like I care.”

“Well, guess I should leave too. Don’t wanna ruin your sleep.”

Tryx stood and puts out the flame from every single candle in the room and it was consumed in darkness once again. Except this time, the windows were opened in which the moonlight brightened the room and cold wind chills the entire room. He went to the door readying to close it and return to his room until she stopped him.

“Wait.”

“What is it?”

“You were the one who found me, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Then, you saw it… My body.” Tryx remained silent as she glared at him.

“Yeah, I did.”

He saw her body, her ugly and deformed female body. She needed to know everything. It was at that time, she decided to sit up. She grunted as the pain from her inner organs are stinging her despite it being fully healed. The mage Arterias warned not to push her body beyond its limit as it would risk reopening the injury. But she needed to because she wants to hear his answer.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Tryx worried about her condition but the girl continues to push herself.

As she rose from her blanket, Seele’s toned and scar riddled body was revealed right in front of him once again. Even her black underwear which considered appealing to most men was shown to him as well. Though, it wasn’t raunchy or sexy at all. Once she managed to sit up, she pushed aside the blanket showing some of the scars on her leg as well.

“What do you think of it, newbie?” She asked coldly and glared with an icy gazed as if she’s ready to kill someone at the spot.

And his answer was…

“Go back to sleep, Seele.”

Tryx looked away as if he never cared for it and he shuts the door instantly.

Seele was dumbfounded. Was he scared? Was he avoiding the question? Her powers are telling him that he was hesitate but not a single hint of disgust was coming out of him just now. Those who have seen her body was disgusts and some of them even mocked that she doesn't deserved to be touch by men because of her scars. No men would ever wanted a deformed girl like her. It was her first time for her to show such deformed body in front of him, a man and yet, he acted like nothing happened. She needed to know his answer and had no choice but to come with a single idea.

“I’ll just have to ask him again tomorrow.”

21