Prologue – How I got Isekai’d
3.6k 7 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the moment you have been waiting for. 

The grand finals of the 'Warfighter : Online' E-Sports and your team have reached the finals.

Your heart thumped harder and there was barely any calmness running down your spine as you and your team sat before hundreds of spectators with high end gaming laptop and VR headset in front of you.

The crowds were cheering, rooting for you and your team mates. Some were rooting for your opponents as well.

After a long preliminaries and semi-finals, your team 'Ragnarok' has finally reached the final round to win the 1 Million Dollars prize pool. You only imagine that you could buy a pair of MILSPEC grade NODs and some other gears for your upcoming boogaloo activities.

'Warfighter : Online' is a VR exclusive free to play version of the long running console and PC series of the game. More than 2 million players are playing this version along with the mobile version as they are far more easier and doesn't require high spec gaming computers or even VR module to play.

Now that they are here, you and your team have to face the most dangerous team you've ever faced.

They are none other than the current defending champion of the game itself, 'TF Valkyrie'. They have been competing in this game for 3 years by winning the series' past titles. So far, none of their opponents have managed to defeat them. This makes you shiver even more but you need that 1 Million so you muster up your strength.

The referees ordered us to login into our game. We put up our VR headsets and turn it on.

VR gaming now has become more advance with no controller needed, simply by using our brain's neuron system players will be able to perform better and faster than using controllers.

Once you login, you already in your avatar and around you, your team mates in their respective custom skins.

Your surrounding began to load and it was map from 'Sands'* and your team is going to play standard 'Search and Destroy' mode which has been the best way to determine the victor of this game. There were 6 rounds overall. Sounds easy but not against the world's best players.
then, the countdown begin once your team and the Valkyries are ready to fight.

5...
4...
3...
2...
1...

With the countdown ends, the game begins.

1st and 2nd round was won by TF Valkyrie. They beat your team by divide and conquer tactics leaving the most further cache to be left defended by one person.

3rd round was a close call, you decided to rush by yourself and eliminate 3 out of 5 Valkyrie players so you can plant the bomb by yourself. Valkrie players gangs up against you as you plant the bomb but your remaining team mates asisted you and covered you. At the same time, they killed the remaining valkyries ending the game instantly.

4th was Valkrie's come back as they rush forward and deploy killstreak against your team killing everyone in the map.

Your team made a surprise come back on the 5th round as it was your team's turn to disable the bomb. This time, your team has the killstreak activated and decimated the entire Valkyrie in an instant.

It was the final round and you have started to get pumped up. The 1 Million dollars is within your grasp.

Everyone was cautious and began to move towards both location of the cache. You move towards site A and met heavy resistance but managed to clear out the enemy at the site but there was one problem.

They don't have the bomb! Suddenly, your UI chimed saying that the bomb has been planted. You and the remaining team member rushed in towards site B and there, two of your team mates are already down with remaining three Valkyries are guarding the bomb site. One of them has machine gun and pinned your team down.

You didn't think much and use the agro tactics and against the machine gun while you ordered your team mates to shut the bomb. You ran across the ground as machine gun fires upon you. Suddenly, an electric current ran across your body causing you to go into seizure.
Everything begin to turn dark and you feel dizzy.

You could hear you team mates calling out to you as they remove the VR headset. It was no use, your vision began to blur. In the end, your eyes closed.

Only darkness awaits you.

*It is a parody of 'Dust' from Counter Strike

 

41