Chapter 14 – In the Shadows
1.3k 5 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Infiltrate separately stealth won the previous poll. Now let the boogaloo begins! WARNING, quite a long chapter!

21:23 p.m.

"That should do it..." Tryx felt proud as he inspects the newly tricked out AKM.

AKM:
PBS-1 Suppressor
Aim Sports 1 X 34mm red dot sight
Laser sight (Green)
Classic AK sling
 AK rail adapter
Flashlight

It was the most basic he could do for the night battle. Though, he wished he could unlock other high tier accessories to support his incoming night battles.Since he frequently used the gun, he unlocked some of the low tier beginner accessories. Though, the space and all the comfort in the AK left a lot to be desired. In 'Warfighter : Online', players can heavily accessories their rifles in three categories:

  • Accessories : basic equipment such as the optics, illuminators, flashlight, etc.
  • Furnishing and Internal mechanisms : custom parts for rifle such as butt stocks, receivers, hand guards, magazines, extra mounting, gas block, bolt carriers, etc. to improve the performance of the rifle
  • Ammunition : type of ammunition to be used in weapon - FMJ, AP, tracer, etc.

Each categories have ten slots in which players can heavily customize their weapons to their liking since there are feedback that players wanted them to accessorize their weapon as ridiculous as they want. Good thing the crafting is similar to that of the game.

The only exception is that the system has a weird gimmick in this world. Unlike the 'gears', which would appeared from thin air, weapons require status window to operate. When he first activate 'customize weapon', it has message read 'PLACE WEAPON HERE'. It was baffling at first, but after he does it the AKM floated onto the air and the user interface changed into holographic AR projection. Back in the game, they can only use it when they enter the armory which transports them instantly to a special room to customize it. But here, it instantly turned into portable system.

Pretty neat.

Though, he noticed that he also had leveled up as well. He was planning to check on the level up rewards but he decided to rack up more kills and check it after this mission is over. He can gain more rewards and unlock more items that way.

As he continues upgrading his arsenal, a familiar voice called him.

"Hey, newbie! Get your ass over here and start eating already!" Seele yelled as she scoops the hot and warm soup into the bowl.

"Coming!" Tryx wraps up everything and quickly sat across the girl.

"Here." Seele hands a bowl of soup to him, "Fill up your belly, I'm not gonna be there if you're hungry."

"Sheesh, you're starting to act like my mom." he replied jokingly. Tryx then stares down the soup in the bowl, there was vegetables and meatballs floating around. His face was telling it all, there was a hint of disgust. "Is this really safe too eat?"

"Eat it or I'll shove it down your throat." Seele said as she munches down the soup with a bread. She somehow noticed his doubt. 

"OK! Stop acting like my mom!" Not even his mom would do that to him. Mustering all the courage, Tryx proceed to scoop the meatball from the broth and munches down. He just hoped that there are no poison in this food. The moment it goes down his taste buds, his eyes widened. "Holy fuck!"

"Watch your mouth!" Seele yelled back.

"I'm so... Sorry!" Tryx swallowed down the meatball. It was delicious. He'd never thought that she would made such a delicious food! "This is good!" the meatball was cooked at the right moment and the soup wasn't too thick and the spices were properly used! "I know..." Seele didn't say much despite the hearty praises.

"Really, I didn't know you could cook!" Tryx kept munching the meatballs as he praised."It would've been a disaster if I tried to cook!" 

"Its important for survival."

As they enjoying the meal, he noticed that Seele still haven't taken her hoodie off. Even when cleaning herself and the recon earlier, she refused to take her robe off. Is there some significance for her to do that? It seems to be pain in the ass to be wearing and flailing that long ass robe. Looking at her right now, she does resemble red riding hood except the hood is crimson instead of red. Does she really looked that ugly or she some hottie in disguise? Feeling intrigued, Tryx asked.

"Ay yo, Seele. Why haven't you taken that robe off?"

Seele stopped chewing and scooping her food. There was brief silent from her for a minute. He could see that Seele was agitated. But why?

Then, she answered.

"It would be wise for you to not ask such questions, newbie."

She then proceeds to eat once again. Tryx couldn't help but gave out a weird impression of her.

"Is she trying to be some edgelord or something?" He thought. "No, really... Why are you wearing such bothersome robe anyway?" Unlike Zith lords, they had a really wide range of robes to choose compared to her. "Not to mention, you're wearing it all the time. Wouldn't you get sick of it?"

"Newbie..."

"What?" Suddenly, he could see a pair of glowing purple eyes glaring at him.

Suddenly, Tryx got that feeling once again. The same feeling that she harbored back when she killed those bandits mercilessly. All the food he was chewing stopped instantly. He couldn't swallow it out of fear. It seems that he accidentally stepped on a land mine waiting to blow up. It was apparent - she has no qualms about killing him there and then.

Seele retracts her glare and continues eating her food. The fear still remains on in Tryx's body.

"Like I said newbie, DON'T ASK. You stay out of my personal life, I'll stay out of yours. We're not team mates, and we WILL NEVER BE." She stood up and threw the empty bowl on the ground. "And clean that up." she said as she walks away.

The killing instinct dissipated instantly, Tryx had never felt so tense like this in his whole life. It seems that he needs to be wary of what he's spouting to her from now on.

And since she no longer leaking her killing aura, "Hey, clean it up yourself!" Tryx yelled back. It was quite rude of her to leave it just like that.

"Hey, newbie."

"Wha-wa-What is it?" Tryx stuttered worried that he might have prompted her to be beat him.

"Just let me know when we're moving out. I'm gonna meditate..."

"You? Meditate?" Tryx scoffed. For an edgelord and a hot head, it doesn't fit her at all.

"You got a problem?" Her tone changes, scaring him again.

Tryx shook his head, "N-N-N-NO. Not at all."

"And also..."

"Yes?"

There was a long silence between them, Tryx waited for her answer. Once again, just like before when Tryx asked about the robe - she agitated.

"No, nothing."she shook her head then walks away and disappeared among the bushes.

Tryx blinked in confusion. What was that all about? He couldn't stopped thinking about it.

"Oh well, better get back to gears once I'm done eating." He shrug it off and continues eating.

This is going to be a long night after all.


1:02 a.m.

The time has finally come, time to execute the plan.

After arguing which plan was the best after their recon, it was decided that they are going to infiltrate separately and maintain their stealth throughout the time. She wanted to raise hell as apart of distraction since that's what she's good at but thanks to his powerful speech, she has no choice but to settle down to his plan instead much to her chagrin.

Tryx and Seele slowly tread around the bushes as they use the darkness as their cover. Reaching the entry point, the two held their position. Tryx turned up his UAV and begin to scan the number of enemies that currently present. The UAV managed to mark several bodies around the abandoned fort. Now, avoiding and killing them would be easier.

"Remember the plan?" Tryx asked.

"Of course I do." Seele then pointed at his head in curiosity, "What the hell is that horn?"

"Oh this?" He pointed at the PVS-7 night vision goggles mounted on his default helmet. "Its a night vision goggle."

Seele blinked in confusion, "A night... what?" she swore that Tryx is making up words just to confuse and make fool out of her. Even the carriage that he rode has a weird name as well. "Are you making another stupid joke right now?"

"No!" he said back. "I'm not kidding, okay?!" Tryx focused his eyes onto the fort where several torches are lighting the area. He could see two or three people at the wall and the main entrance. "OK, you know the drill. Once we entered, we..."

"Yeah... Yeah, we'll separate and take out guards." Seele scratches her head, she was not amused about this plan at all. "Why do I have to with your plan?"

"Because I can't fight like you in the middle of the open ground. And remember, this is a team effort."

"Ugh, this is why I hate being in team." Seele groaned. "And I can't even see at night! How am I supposed to walk?!"

"Don't worry, stick with me and you'll make it." Tryx smirked.

"What? How?"

"Eh, just trust me..."

Seele groaned again, "I hate you."

Tryx hold his laughter, "Alright, let's go. On me." he said enters the combat stance.

Seele was disgusted by his statement, "Wha?! Why would I want to get a piggyback ride on you?!" she nearly raised her volume.

"NO! When I said 'on me', it means follow me!"

"Then just say 'follow me'!" she retorted.

Tryx groaned and face palmed, "You know what? Just forget what I said and follow me. And DON'T MAKE A SINGLE NOISE." he emphasize at the last few words at the end hoping that the blood thirsty mercenary would get the point.

"I WON'T." She replied with a glare. Guess that means she gets the point.

"GOOD." With everything sorted out, he made a final check on his AKM.

Laser - check

Flashlight - check

Red dot sight - check

Bullet - in the chamber

"Lock and load." there was only one thing left to do, he dropped his night vision down onto his eye. He could feel the weight shifted to the front of his head, the helmet has started to push onto his front cranium. "Fuck..." he muttered as he starting to regret his decision choosing to wear a night vision.

Turning up the night vision, the dark fields in front of him turned into green viewed in a single monocular circle limiting his sight. There was a low light blinding his sight especially from the stars and moon lighting the area. This was different than the game - no weight on the head and the entire scene is bright. But here, right now? The night vision is just heavy and blurry. 

"Fucking reality..." he cursed under his breath.

Seele slapped his shoulder lightly, "Hey, are you moving or what?"

"Sorry, let's go."

Slowly, Tryx takes his lead entering the field using the ad hoc path that he made before leaving the scene during the recon earlier. Seele who was unable to see in the darkness could only hold onto his shoulder and follow him. This hampered down their movement, Tryx can give her the flashlight but that would alert the guards of their presence. He also hoped that he can give her a night vision or something but it seems the system doesn't allow more than one night vision to be materialized. Again, she had no choice but to rely on him. Unknown to Tryx, she's cursing the gamer deep down her heart right now.

They managed to pass through the field. Following their plan, the two will enter through the opening and break up once they are inside to eliminate security forces before defeating the main boss. Knowing that they are down to 22, picking them off under the darkness is the best way to eliminate such weakened force.

Once they approached the opening, two men was sighted guarding the opening and there's only a single torch at the area to illuminate the scene. It didn't spread out as far as 5 meters which was quite convenient for someone as Tryx.

"Only two of them, let me kill them." Seele whispered as she drew out a dagger.

"No can't do" Tryx disagreed, "Their screams are gonna alert whoever is at the other side. I'll take one of them."

"Uh, no! I'm fast!"

"Nu uh, this is a team effort, remember?"

"Fine. I'll take left."

"Good."

The two slowly lashes out the darkness and approaches the hole.

Tryx tactically walks down the range and aimed down his red dot sight as he couldn't see the laser pointer under the surrounding bright light. Maintaining his composure and breath, he squeezed the trigger.

Like a ghost striking its victim, one of the guards fell instantly as soonest Tryx fired seven rounds onto the body without making a single sound. The other guard who barely heard a thing noticed his friend is dead, he was about to yell until the 'Crimson Demon' made a single slash from her longsword. The bandit's head simply rolled onto the ground.

Tryx kicked his target to confirm that he is dead.

"Nice kill. 2 down, 20 to go." he said inspecting the beheaded bandit. "Come on."

Once they entered, they are now in the other site of the abandoned fort. Like the field itself, most of the area are consumed in darkness with only a handful of burning torches to illuminate the area. Since they already know the layout of the fort thanks to the UAV's footage, the fort isn't that big as most of the structures have crumbled leaving the main quarters and the square left untouched.

The two quickly hides behind rubble of the fort and scanned the are for the guards. Right now, Tryx hoped that he could never used the G18 because it doesn't have a suppressor. It didn't accumulate enough EXP on usage, thus he just hoped that he doesn't need to do rifle-to-gun transition in the middle of the fight especially in this night.

"Newbie, eyes on the square." Seele gestured at the open square of the fort.

Following the veteran's words, he directed his gaze towards the square. Tryx's eyes caught a sight of men, women and children locked in the cage. The sight was pitiful. The captives were held without proper food and water, making them malnourished. Their clothes have started to looked like dirty rags. It seems that they were kept like this for a whole week. Those bastards have been treating them like some cattle!

To think that these bandits are worst than animals... Rage starting to boil within him as he couldn't forgive this inhumane act.

"Calm down, newbie." Seele's word snapped him back to reality. "I know how you feel but this isn't the time and place to be emotional."

Tryx took a deep breath and nodded his head, "Yeah... I'm sorry." he gotta keep his head in the game. Being emotional will ruin his plan.

"Alright, once we took out the security, we'll release them."

"If you say so. I'll take the ones patrolling on the wall, you take the ones on the ground."

"Remember, not a single sound."

Seele grits her teeth, "You don't have to tell me twice!" the Crimson Demon then disappeared in the shadows leaving the reincarnated gamer behind.

"Let's check where these guys are at..." He turned up his UAV again, now the camera has switched to heat signature since its night time. He zoomed in the camera and saw 3 guards' heat signature reduced to blue especially on the wall area, it means dead bodies. "Guess she ain't a muscle head after all, huh?" He smirked not expecting her to do her job quickly. "Well, can't let her take all the credits."

After confirming all the location of the guards, he prepared his gun and dons his night vision.

He slowly moves around the side of the wall using the darkness as his cover. He spotted three bandits armed with swords and spear walking down the square out of a tent, assuming that they are here to do regular inspection. He quickly stopped, and aimed his gun at the trio. Tryx watches them heading to where they had just entered. Are they switching guards duty?!

Tryx slowly went back into the hole where he and Seele entered. Once the trio have passed the hole, he could hear their remarks on discovering the body. As the bandits quickly stepped inside the wall, the gamer had already waited for them.

He emptied the entire AKM's magazine killing them on the spot.

"Fuck..." Tryx quickly reloaded with a fresh magazine. His heart nearly jumped thinking that he might missed all the shots. Their actions were sudden, he didn't expect them to switch guard duties right now. If they were switching guards, which means they must be waiting for the other two to come back. "Better hurry." he quickly returned to the square again, this time heading for the tent.

Avoiding the torches planted around the ground, he made his way towards the tent. As soonest he reached the tent, Tryx could heard several voices coming out.

Peeking into the tent, he could see several men and women under the bright oil lamp. He could see six bandits buck naked laughing at the girls lying on the floor in front of them. Some of the girls were crying and some remained motionless. Tryx knew what it meant, they have been violated. Again, rage consumed him.

"Fucking bastards." Tryx cursed as he stepped into the tent without hesitation. Under his monocular night vision, he turned up his laser sight and points it at the fat bald guy.

One of the fat bandits turned around out of sudden and saw him, "Hey, who're..." and he puts a bullet through his skull.
Before the others could react, he swiftly puts more rounds onto each of them. It happened so fast that they didn't reacted fast enough. All of them fell motionless onto the ground, Tryx kicked every last one of the bodies making sure that they stay dead. 

Tryx then inspects the girls. There were seven of them and some were still conscious. The ones who were conscious didn't react at all, though still alive. They're like barely conscious, just like one of those rape hentai he read before. They're broken. What's even worst, all of the girls bodies were riddle with bruises and injuries. Its like they've been tortured.

He then heard a cry at the corner, turning at that said area was a single young girl. The girl was clutching her knees and was wearing nothing but a torn rag. He couldn't tell her age and her features because of the darkness but her stature was small, probably a teenager.

He removed the night vision goggle and called her, "Hey..." Tryx said softly.

"Go away! Please!" she replied with a croaked tone. Several sniffing and sobbing follows afterwards.

"I'm not gonna hurt you."

"Just..." she stuttered, more sniffing and sobbing. "Just... GO AWAY! NO MORE! PLEASE!"

"Its okay! Its okay! I'm with the mercenary guild. I'm here to save you." Tryx said softly again. "Take my hand." Tryx reached out his hand.

The girl didn't react, she just stayed in the corner in fear, "Its okay, take my hand. You're safe now." he said again, "No one's gonna hurt you anymore." Slowly, the girl reaches out her hand, "There you go." she eventually took his hand, "Slowly." the girl was about to burst into tears. She quickly bury her face into his chest before silently crying. "Its okay... Its okay..." He patted her head hoping to comfort her.

As he comfort her, his eyes darted over the naked girls on the ground.

It was a pitiful sight.

They were held captive for one week, and this happened.

They must've went through a lot of hell from these motherfuckers. To use these girls as their playthings. He then remembered the bandit he met a few hours earlier, offer yourself to us. Those were the words to Seele. Good lord that she puts them at their places. To think that they were all abused. Just how many times this happened in a span of a week?

As Tryx comforts the girl, another figure entered the tent.

He quickly drew his G18 and aimed at the newly arrived guest assuming that it was an intruder. 

"You done?" it was Seele.

"Oh... Its you..." Tryx sighed as he holstered the G18. "Did you get them all?"

"Eight of them. Not a single sound."

"Ah, it seems that I was wrong about you being muscle head then." Tryx said jokingly but the girl wasn't in the mood for such thing. The girl simply checks the newly killed bodies of the bandits, "What are you doing?" he asked. His first thought was that she's trying to collect some war trophies... Well because of her moniker...

Once she done kicking and flipping the bodies around, she answered "The leader is not here."

"I kill another three at the entrance we came in."

"I've already checked that too. He's not one of them."

Tryx was impressed, she even had time to check all of his kills. "Anyhow, how many of them would be left? Counting yours as well, that would make it... Three?"

"Three it is. And it seems that the leader and his guards haven't noticed our presence as well."

Tryx smirked, a hint of blood lust was leaking from him. He knew the time has come.

"Then, let's get this done."

"Before that..." Seele looked at girl with her fearsome glare, scaring her a little. She grabbed the oil lamp from the table and approached the girl. As she approaches, the light shined the girl.

Both of them could clearly see the girl's look. Her cheeks were all swollen, a sign that she was slapped. Bruises all over her bodies, her brown hair disheveled and her eyes swollen from crying too much. It was apparent that this girl had suffered so much torture in a week. And what's more surprising to him is that she was no more older than 12 years old. The moment he looked at her, anguish, sadness, disgust and madness were mixing in all together. She was kid all along?! Those...

"You're losing your composure again, newbie." Seele's words warned him.

"No I'm not." Tryx denied.

"Newbie, I can tell what kind of emotion someone make with my powers. Don't try to act like a fool."

"See through my emotions?" Tryx thought, just what kind of other powers she has up her sleeve? He then eventually sighed and listened to her words for once. Perhaps, he's being way too emotional. "I understand. It won't happened again."

Satisfied with the answer, Seele sighed. "Good." She then inspects the girls laying on the ground breathless and barely conscious. She shine every each one of them as if she's checking them for something to confirm. "Hey, newbie."

"Yeah?"

"Are you good with medications?" Seele asked as she checks one of the girls who had her face covered in bruises.

"Yeah I do. Want me to treat them?"

"Go ahead. And you girl." She turned her attention towards the girl who was still clutching to Tryx. "I would like to ask you couple of questions."

"Eeeep!" She quickly clutched onto Tryx once more. The girl was scared of Seele's intimidating look, its as if she's the villain right now.

"You're scaring her." Tryx scoffed much to Seele's annoyance. "Its okay, she's my friend. She's reaaaalllllyyy strong, you know?"

"R... Really?" The girl asked.

"Yeah, its fine. Do you know if your parents are around here?"

"M... My parents... They're in the cage!" her eyes started to tearing up again.

"OK... Hey, Seele... I thhink you can take her back to her parents. You can ask her some questions along the way."

"Fine. Come on kid." she ordered but the girl was reluctant to follow the Crimson Demon.

"Its okay, she'll bring you to the cage. You'll get your mommy and daddy over there, 'kay?"

"O... Okay..." she then quickly held Seele's hand. Though, she was still scared of the mercenary and barely makes an eye contact with her.

"Come on kiddo..." As the two was about to leave, she stopped. "Oh and uh, newbie?"

"Yeah?"

She picked up a spent brass off from the ground, "You don't mind if I take these shiny things?"

Tryx blinked in confusion, why would she want to take spent cases? Its not like she could do much with those things anyway. Not even he could do anything with those things, so he lets her have it for whatever purpose she has.

"Yeah, sure... Do whatever you want with it."

"Well then..." Seele knelt down and picked up all of the brass from the ground and stored them in her pouch. Not a single was left on the ground ."Meet me outside when you're done. Come child, there is something I must ask of you."

Eventually, the two finally leaves the tent.

Tryx focused his sight back onto the girls. He took off his helmet and set aside his rifle. Using the tactical flashlight attached at his AKM, it lit the whole room in brightness. Tryx spreads out his IFAK at the side, preparing to treat the girls. He just hopes that this automatic action could save the girls' lives. With Yuwen, he was lucky that it wasn't serious but these girls? He just hoped he has enough bandages for everyone.

After 15 minutes of healing them, he finally finished.

It took a while and he almost depleted all of the medical supplies in the IFAK. The abused young girls are currently sleeping after his automatic actions gave them some morphine and adrenaline. God knows what happened if they were left like this. Tryx was glad that he was here on time. He just glad that took this job. But then again, this would be better if there are extra hands. Performing emergency medical drill on them was quite exhausting.

After wrapping up the rest of his IFAK, he took a big cloth and covered the girls with it as a blanket.

After walking out of the tent, Tryx could see a number of people gathering at the square. It was the prisoners that were locked in the cage. The sounds starting get louder every second worrying that this whole commotion might alert the leader. But with the presence of the Crimson Demon, they barely make any sound.

Tryx approached the group and called her, "Seele."

"You done newbie?"

"Yeah. They'll live but... I don't know about their future though." Tryx frowned.

"Stop being emotional. We're not done yet." Seele then makes her way towards the main quarters - The only solid structure that hasn't crumbled in the fort. "Come on newbie, the leader will escape if we don't hurry."

"What about them?" He gestured at the flock of prisoners starting to make loud noises.

"We'll deal with them later. Leader is the priority."

"Want me to take point?" Tryx asked.

"Be my guest." 

The two entered the main quarters with Tryx taking the lead, his flashlight lightened up the abandoned interior. The ground floor was clear and they quickly moved up to the second level which leads to the main room. They reached the second floor and slowly moves along the hallway leading to the room. For Tryx, it seemed easy - the leader is in the room with his three goons making his last stand.

But for Seele, she thought differently - IT WAS TOO EASY.

All the doors across the hallway, she could feel something was off. This could be a trap.

She maintained her power in search of the emotions lingering in each doors, they already made it through the first half of the level until suddenly - she felt a raging emotion coming from the door. The one right next to Tryx. She could feel an desperate emotion surging through that door.

Feeling endangered, she grabbed Tryx's collar and yanked him back. Suddenly, the door burst opened. A burly muscular man brandishing an axe stood before the too, it was an ambush. Just as Seele expected.

"YOUR LIFE ENDS HERE!" the bandit with axe declared.

"FUCK!" Seele cursed as she quickly drew her dagger as it was the only weapon that can be drawn and swing in the space.

She quickly jumped in front of her partner trying to defend him. The bandit swings the axe barely missing her shoulder. The mad man made another swing missing her again. Tryx could only crawl backwards to give her some space to avoid and attack. 

"Seele!" Tryx tried to recover. Suddenly, the second door behind him burst opened revealing another bandit with a cleaver.

"DIE!" The bandit swung down the blade and he managed to lied down on the floor before it cleaved him.

"Newbie!" Seele couldn't focused as she worried of her partner. She was busy avoiding the attack made by her opponent.

"You can't run, boy!" the bandit smirked as he thought he has the advantage. Seeing the boy hasn't made his recovery, he assumed that he has the advantage and quickly raised his hand to make the final strike. "DIE!"

Tryx quickly drew his G18 and punched 10 rounds all over the bandit's head and shoulder killing him instantly.

"Orel!" the burly muscular man yelled at his fallen companion. Another mistake was made, he lowered his guard.

Seele takes the opportunity and stabbed right through his cranium and using her immense amount of strength, crushing the bandit's head instantly. The hallway was instantly painted in red as soonest his head was blown into pieces.

Seele took a long deep breath as she wipes the blood off from her face. 

"You okay?" Tryx gasps for air, he can still feel the adrenaline rushing down his head.

"I'm the one who should be asking you that." Seele groaned as she stood up.

"Well, you ready to meet the final boss?" Tryx said as he reloads his G18. 

"Yeah." 

The two picked up whatever left of their strength and head down the hallway, to the final room. Assuming tactical stance, Tryx takes the lead as he breaches the door. They quickly stormed into the room and surround the last member of the bandit, the leader himself. Although, he had already anticipated this. The 40 year old man had a hostage, he held a young girl in white dress around 8 or 9 years old with golden blonde hair with a knife across her neck. Seele prepared to drew her sword and Tryx kept his G18 trained at the man's forehead.  He had the shot, that is if Seele allows it. 

As the tension filled the atmosphere, Seele makes her first demand.

"Let her go." 

"Drop your weapons or I will kill her." 

"Look around you, pal. We've got you cornered." Tryx added.

"Let me go or I will kill her!" The leader barked back, desperation was reflected in his eyes. The girl in his grasp began to cry, she was trembling out of fear. "You don't want anything happen to her, do you?"

"Seele, let me kill this guy." Tryx asked for permission. 

"You sure?" 

"Yup, I can kill him." 

"Don't be a fool! You can't kill me! I'd kill her before you can attack me!" The leader replied hysterically. 

"OK, do it." Seele permitted. She was intrigued of the weapon Tryx held in his hand, her eyes watching closely at the small weapon. She want to witness it again, how that weapon kills someone. 

Tryx nodded and kept the sight at the bandit's head, "Last chance, let her go or die." his finger was itching to pull the trigger. 

"Are you a fool?! Can't you see I have her?! What can you do with that puny weapon of yours?!" 

"This." Tryx squeezed the trigger. 

BLAM

The bandit received a single shot on his forehead leaving large gaping wound at the back of his skull. He fell on the ground like a ragdoll. Tryx quickly ran to the hostage and secured her, not before confirming that the bastard is dead. The bandit leader was lying on his own blood, there are bits of brains splattered on the wall and on the floor. His eyes was looking up onto the heavens. He was definitely dead. Conforming that the area secured, he holstered the gun. Seele came to his side and began inspecting the girl. 

She crudely clawed the girl's cheek inspecting her from side to side as if she's trying to confirm something. 

"Hey!" Tryx roared seeing her crude actions again. "Just what is with her?!"

Seele released her and asked, "Are you Denise Juan Ismeralda Alranne?" in her usual cold tone. 

"Y... Yes..." the girl named Denise trembled. 

"We're with the mercenary guild. You're safe now, child. Your family is awaiting for your return."

"Is... Is that true?!" Denise asked again gripping Seele's robe tightly. 

"Yes... Yes, we are." the Crimson Demon patted her head. Slowly, Denise burst into tears before hugging the mercenary. 

"HOME! PLEASE... TAKE ME... HOME!" Denise broke into tears. Her cries started to wail even louder than before. 

"Let's go home, newbie." 

Tryx grinned, "Heh, didn't know you had a soft heart." 

"Fuck you." 


After they manage to comfort the crying girl, the two stepped out of the building. Though not before Seele chopped the leader's head off and draped it in the bandit's once proudly flying flag. It was a sign that the group has been decimated and it will live in infamy. Tryx had to cover Denise's eyes as the Crimson Demon collects the proof to be presented at the Kingdom's Army. She asked the newbie to hold it for her but he refused. 

And again, Seele exhibits weird behaviors as she collects the spent brass from the floor. Tryx have no absolute idea what she wanted to do with the casings but he sure as hell he doesn't need it. 

The square has already filled with various of noises - laughter, cry and even joy.

After a week living in hell, they're finally free.

Several elders approached them turning them into the center of attention.

"Are you from the kingdom?" the old man asked.

Tryx stepped forward, "Sort off, we're the mercenary hired by the kingdom's army to do this job."

The old man frowned, "Mercenaries? To think that the Kingdom's Army did not come to save us and subjugate these brigands!" he tightened his fist in anger.

Tryx couldn't tell them that the entire 18th Corps are not to engage the bandits because the higher ups at the capital ordered them not to do so. Plus, two largest combat regiment was sent off to G'orkto Region for some reason despite the area is under the strongest combat corps. Whatever the Kingdom's Army is fighting, they didn't even publicly announce what threat they are currently facing. Its like they are hiding some secrets. Telling these villagers why the true reasons wouldn't subside their angers towards their military either. The only good thing is too change the subject. 

Tryx made a fake cough, "So, what are you guys going to do now?" that was the only appropriate question that popped up in his head. 

"Oh... Well, we can't return to our land since..." 

"Since we lost our home in our village, we can't live there anymore." Another men spoke. "We've decided to move t Haresha Empire. We heard its quite peaceful there." 

"Oh, is that so." Tryx then thought, "Oh fuck, another weird name again." 

"Again, thank you for saving us!" a girl bowed her head. "If you didn't came here then we would've died!" 

"Yeah, I'm glad as well. So, when are you planning to leave then?" 

"Tomorrow morning. Most of us are currently weak, so we'll loot whatever the bandits have stored for us. We'll regain our strength and continue our journey tomorrow." the elder added. "By the way young man, how about you and your friend take a rest here considering that both of you look tired after battling these brigands."

Before Tryx could agree to them, Seele had answered the question. 

"Sorry, but we are quite busy. We shall take our leave then." Seele and Denise then begin to make their way towards the main entrance.

Tryx was surprised by her sudden act, "Hey, wait up!" he chased after the two and stopped them. "Shouldn't you take a break for a while? I mean, we did stayed up all night just too execute this mission. You must be feeling tired, right?" 

"And whose fault do you think that is?! Huh?" Seele scowled onto the gamer making him realizing his mistake. 

"Look, just think for a while okay?"

"There's no need to question anymore. I say we go home now, we leave right now." 

Tryx sighed deeply as he scratches his head. He was baffled, migraine begins to cloud his judgement. But he needs to make a decision.

He should leave for Bulgen Town...

I'm just glad that I can finally write a long ass chapter.

he should leave for Bulgen Town...
  • Right now Votes: 9 64.3%
  • In the morning Votes: 5 35.7%
Total voters: 14 · This poll was closed on Jan 23, 2020 06:08 AM.
27