B1 — 41. Declaration Of War
1.9k 7 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV Change:  Elinor, our Lich Empress

Recap: Tiffan and Edmon went over all of Elinor's skills and much of the System in detail (much greater detail than our TO girls since these are literally creatures created to advise Elinor of such things).

Man ... I still need to add things to that; it's so detailed but takes SO long go do.

I want to thank my patrons for continuing to support me:

Andre Lauth, Nunction, MacDB, Haprohoh, Tim, Aria Red, and my other patrons!


Elinor looked across the vast valley before her, green eyes scanning the two major points of exit on the southeast and southwest, showing a sharp decline in the land leading to the sea beyond; the sun was breaking past the lingering clouds, touching the jungle with its warm embrace, but the same couldn’t be said for her heart.

A strong breeze moved across the uneven jungle that made the treetops sway in partners before hitting the massive fortress walls, being pushed up to create strong updrafts that threw Elinor’s hair and veil back as she talked with her Royal Court.  The rest of her skeletal minions that she’d brought with her stood at attention, waiting for orders as they discussed her abilities.

This is a real issue that I need clipped … the total daily cost for maintaining my army is enormous.  It’s insane … literally, insane.  I have two-hundred, period, and it wants more than ten times that amount—daily.

Tiffany forced a chuckle as she dangled her feet over the edge, staring down at the dry moat in-between the two walls.  “It is rather unfortunate, but The System has been trying to compensate by adding points into your Constitution.”

It’s not nearly enough.  I was considering putting points into increasing my minion maximum limit, but after finding out this, I’d be stupid even to contemplate it.

An off-handed comment she’d heard her mother say once popped back into her mind, and she voiced it.  If my outgo exceeds my income, then my upkeep will be my downfall.  I need to gain levels quickly and to obtain methods of increasing my income and decrease my outgo before trying to expand my army further.

Not only that, but the vast majority of the cost comes from the three of you; it’s the Royal Court that’s so demanding, but I shouldn’t have expected anything less.  If I combined everything and put it against the Royal Court, it wouldn’t even make a dent.

“Perhaps not,” Iris replied, black and white metallic-like exoskeleton gleaming in the increasing sunlight.  “However, if you placed every one of your current forces against the Royal Court, it would be a slaughter.”

“Oh, and we have the Life Fruit!”  Tiffany pointed out.  “I was very concerned about this problem, too, but after that discovery, I knew we could postpone it for more pressing concerns.”

True.  Elinor sighed, feeling a little frustration.  I just never expected to be sitting on a bomb with a ticking clock.  How soon until the price hits?

“Hmm,” Edmon stood beside Tiffany, arms folded as he surveyed the brightening valley.  “That’s actually a more complex question than one might think, but Tiffany and I have been keeping track of it.

“The time between Earth and here is slightly different, from what I’ve observed, our normal twenty-four-hour time-table won’t apply.  Based on what The System says, we’re looking at longer days and nights on this planet, probably thirty-hour cycles since The System is basing it off your own understanding of time.  We currently have nearly twenty hours and seven minutes before it takes effect.”

Elinor shifted her hands behind her back, clasping her left wrist as she stood a foot away from the edge of the wall; the pressure that pressed in on her eased.  Okay, that isn’t nearly as bad as I expected.  Still, I can’t see myself reaching a sustainable energy pool anytime soon to handle that sharp of a draw, and daily.  I understand that this system didn’t expect me to create three Court Members in less than twelve hours of changing.  I’ve skipped to mid to late-game.

After a moment of silent thought, she breathed a long sigh.  How soon do you think we’ll need to return to the Life Room, Tiffany?

“Mmh, let’s see…”  The Witch sucked in through her teeth, reaching up to comb back her hair as the gusts grew more violent.  “Valdar and Camellia are making progress; I’m a little shocked how well they’re doing, but it was a good decision of Valdar to bring famous and even infamous Clanless to convince the others to join the Supreme Chief Elinor.”

She shot an impish grin up at her, holding back her hair.  “I think we can get you a decent amount of experience going about it in this way, and I’m fairly confident you’ll receive a title after starting your own religion!  My mind’s been buzzing around the topic.  Since titles act as bonuses depending on which one you use, there could be some fun perks.”

“Tiffany,” Edmon chuckled.

“Hmm?  Oh, I’m getting off-track … ah, yeah, umm…”  She scratched the side of her head, orange irises wandering.  “It really depends on how we go about it, to be honest.  We have a few options.”

Alright, before we get into that, Elinor butted in, I’ll ask The System to dump everything I have into Constitution and then ask for anything that can modify or lower my daily maintenance cost.

“Let’s hope you have enough points,” Tiffany whispered.  “You could also be more specific, asking for a State, and it’s a good idea to ask for a cost reduction.”

Elinor asked, and two skills imprinted into her memory, causing her to breathe a sigh of relief; however, once analyzing the specifics, she became thoughtful.

Death’s Reprieve … fascinating.  So, I can postpone my resource cost a day, but if that triggers, not only do I need to pay that previous debt, but the price for the next day will be tripled, and it has a month-long cooldown.  It’s fairly costly but could be a lifesaver in the worst-case scenario.

“We should aim for it never to be used,” Edmon grunted.  “Currently, we’re talking about over six-thousand energy as a punishment for going over, and that multiplying effect also counts towards any increase in the following day.  We haven’t even tested how much Death Energy can be obtained through Life Tapping living creatures.”

Tiffany nodded, but a smile played at her lips.  “That’s the point!  It’s a safety net that might break your fall, but if you don’t pay the reaper that placed it there, he’ll be knocking.”

Then there’s the State, Lich’s Conquest … I leveled it up to five, but obviously, the Proficiency is zero.  It will help a lot with a fifteen percent decrease in daily cost, and provides minor buffs to my minions, but…”

Edmon hummed darkly.  “Yeah, that price … ten percent of the current army is to be sacrificed daily.  If we’re not replenishing our numbers and in a territorial conflict, this could continue to bite us.  We must be very specific when we choose to take land in a conflict.”

The Witch shifted her body to look to the west.  “Sure, but we know we’ll be in a territorial conflict while taking this valley, but there’s plenty of Ri’bot to refill our ranks, and we could use the cost reduction.  The Empress is looking at roughly three-hundred and twenty-one Death Energy saved during that time.”

“Although,” Iris spoke up, “you also have to factor in creating those minions again to feed that State.”

“True, but it will still save Death Energy in the end since we’re talking about Fodder being sacrificed to decrease the Royal Court cost,” Tiffany shot back.

Elinor intervened.  I get it; we need to consider both sides.  Okay, and what’s my maximum pool now that I’ve increased my Constitution as far as it will go … two-hundred and fifty-eight; it’s going to be rough getting this up.  She muttered.

Finally, if the State is dependent upon my Nexus, then I should increase it.  I’d like to increase the range of Nexus Of The Empress to Level Ten.

She licked her lips as Camellia came back into focus, and the girl paused in her movements with Valdar.  “Empress, I … umm, I can suddenly communicate with everyone?”

“Continue with your duties,” Iris prompted, causing the eldest spider-sister to jump back into action.

“Yes, Mother!”

“Well,” Tiffany giggled, “this is certainly convenient.  Increasing our communications is pivotal.  We should be able to communicate with each other through a fair bit of the fortress, now.”

Anyway, let’s get moving on the strategy.

“Okay, let’s see,” Tiffany straightened, crossing her legs while her vision returned to the ground far below.  “I suggest we move against the Wixum Clan first.  They’re the least likely to put up a fight, and the strongest means we have to build your reputation as a goddess.  From there, we can go one of three ways; we could go after the weaker Lethix Clan, the hilariously named Flex Clan,” she giggled, “or deal with Valdar’s Clan.”

What’s your opinion?  Elinor addressed Edmon without turning to him, still examining the ridges, valley, and rivers spreading through what was visible of the valley she’d soon conquer; the river was massive, likely more than a mile or two across; it could easily be used for a trading hub if she went down that route.

Edmon was silent for a moment as he contemplated the options in his head.  Unfolding his arms, he pointed at the areas he referenced.  “This river flowing through the westside of the valley is the marker by which the Clan’s use to divide their territory.  If we’re concerned about time, then I’d suggest we first go after the Lethix Clan, not the Wixum.”

Tiffany’s lips pushed to the side as she gave him a sidelong glance.  “It is a shorter distance…”

“Not only that, but it would open up a path for us to reach the Wixum main village,”  Edmon stated, cutting off the Witch’s interruption.  “Valdar told us that the lake is a massive source of needed resources for the entire area, meaning it would likely have the bulk of their Clan surrounding that location, and the Delthax warriors that ran through must have already warned them about us.  The Lethix Clan should not have the advantage of being forewarned.”

Iris’ body moved to the left, legs extending to push her body higher into the air as she studied the lush land.  “I agree with Edmon.  Creating a path through the Lethix Clan gives us the quickest route back to the fortress if needed, and wouldn’t the Wixum Clan most likely bend the knee on sight, no matter when we move against them?

“The Empress’ desire is to convert them, not destroy, correct?  Perhaps it’s not so different from what they’re already accustomed to; they’ll just be under new management, but with greater protection, which they should take with open arms, once it is explained.”

“I suppose,” Tiffany’s head tilted, and Elinor could feel her slight displeasure that Iris and Edmon were usually on the same page.  “Valdar painted them as rather weak-willed people that rely heavily on their connection to the Delthax Clan for protection.  It’s also true that if we attack the Lethix, then the Flex would have little time to come to their aid, and it’s unlikely the Delthax warned their enemies after quickly rushing home.”  She mumbled.

“Oh?”  Edmon’s tone took on a humored edge.  “So, Tiffany, you agree with Iris and I that the Lethix Clan is the best objective to set our sights on?”

Tiffany tucked her bottom lip under before she gave a dismissive shrug.  “Meh, I mean, sure, it’s not a bad plan, but hear me out.  I still think rushing a possible religious title and achievement from converting the Wixum Clan could yield stronger results and open up more options, including potential methods we can deal with our Death Energy cap issue.

“As I said, there’s nothing wrong with your plan; it’s safe.  However, I believe there’s more to be gained through a little risk, and it’s not like the Flex or Lethix being warned would do them a lot of good, in the first place.”

Elinor wanted to enjoy the small jabs, but her current dilemma was souring her mood.  I think both plans have merit; however, I’m going to have to select Edmon and Iris’ path on this one, Tiffany.  I need a quick way back in case something unexpected happens.

I’d love to get my hands on more skills, possible points, and what titles starting a religion might bring, but the surest bet is a quick path back to the fortress to address my small pool of energy if needed.  I can’t lose my army or weaken you three by forcing you to eat your own strength to survive without my support.

I planned on taking over the entire west-half of the valley today, but that might not be possible if we need to make room for a return trip.  At the very least, I want to handle the Lethix, Wixum, Flex, and Delthax Clans by the end of the day.  I’ll send Valdar and anyone he’s managed to convert into the Prume Clan through the night to see if they can yield results.

“Missionaries?”  Tiffany mused, trying to hide her disappointment with her decision to delay the proselytizing.  “How fun; I never expected we’d be starting our own religion, but the possibilities are mind-blowing as I ponder it.  I’ll need to understand more from Valdar so I can shift the narrative, and really get this thing moving.”

Edmon chuckled, tone cold as he glanced at the southern Clanless territory, where Camellia and Valdar were moving.  “The Unintelligent ranks are filled, and if Valdar isn’t enough to convince them, Camellia and the Zombies do a pretty decent job at following up.  They’ve sent some of the converts on their way back.  Do you want to address them now or when we return?”

When we return.  Her lips curved into a smile as Quin and Garu finally made it back; to her delight, they showed signs of muscle, veins, and flesh growth.  “You’re both moving from the Skeletal phase to the Flesh phase!”  She squealed, walking over to examine their bodies; it was a little disappointing to see Quin’s bone damage.  We’ll have to do something about this.

Quin stretched out his four arms, puffing out his ribcage as she studied the additions, and she could feel his emotions beginning to swirl, taking on form.  To her delight, he said a few words through the Nexus.

“Quin … happy … serve!”

Some might have looked at the stringy sinew and veins as horrific on the monstrous two-headed ape, but she found him adorable, and even Garu was starting to return to his former self, slamming one fist against his bony chest.  Only Tiffany showed a bright face as she moved to stroke Quin’s long leg bone; Iris was displaying her usual neutrality, and Edmon’s expression was hidden behind his helmet.

“Well, let’s see if we can get you two more like yourselves after today?”  She turned back to Tiffany, Edmon, and Iris.  “Let’s meet up with Valdar and Camellia.  We’re going to the Lethix’s territory.”

Iris transformed into her human-form, easily lowering the minions with her webs, and carrying Elinor down in her firm arms.  She was a little surprised by how smooth and soft the spider’s skin felt.  Elinor was a little amused as Iris held her against her bosom; the Thélméthra’s chest was tight but enjoyably squishy.

She rode in one of Quin’s large hands as they swiftly raced out of the moat through the broken section in the wall.  They passed by the thermal pools and mud pits, smelling the sulfur in the air as they moved into the uneven jungle, and out of habit, an attempt to impress her, or perhaps both, the ape leaped to the trees.

The other Quen’Talrat followed, carrying Tiffany and Edmon, while Iris effortlessly kept pace with Quin, staying at least a second ahead of the mount as she scanned for danger.

Iris took the lead, guiding the party through the jungle as if the last century hadn’t dulled her map of the valley in the least.  They passed over small hills, streams, and gaps, quickly arriving at Camellia and Valdar’s location at the edge of the east border to the Lethix Clan’s territory.

The party was waiting, hidden in bushes at the river’s edge, and Elinor couldn’t help but smile at her welcome.  All around her were dozens upon dozens of Ri’bot Zombies; they were exceptionally still, and she noticed a yellow tint in their bloodshot eyes as they waited for orders.

“Report,” Iris commanded.

Camellia was in her original form as she eagerly rushed forward; Elinor was growing more and more fond of the eldest sister’s gung ho attitude.  “Empress, we have been able to reach twelve miles away from the fortress, the east walls to the west, and within that area, we managed to…”

She paused, body swiftly shifting to face Valdar, and she whispered, “What was the word again?”

Elinor almost chuckled as Valdar cleared his throat before returning the whisper through the Nexus, where everyone could clearly hear.  “Initiates.”

“That was it!”  Camellia sighed with frustration, possibly forgetting she was still communicating to everyone.  “We sent seventy-three initiates to the fortress, for Vi to babysit like I used to do for her.”  She couldn’t hide the mirth in her voice, and Violet was still just barely within range as she waited by the gate for the Ri’bot to join her.  “We killed twenty-three and turned a hundred and … two, yeah, two, no, no, three!  Oh, and I ate five.”  She said in a proud tone.

“How did they taste, Camellia?”  Iris asked with a small smile on her full lips, clearly fond of her daughter’s personality.

“So good!”  She almost purred through the network, and deliberately left the channel open for Violet.  “It was soft, juicy, and they had this little tangy-bitter flavor.  I love eating Ri’bot; they actually taste better than before!”

The bitter taste in Elinor’s connection to Violet made her want to smile, and as expected, she silently took the comment while burning inside; there was no doubt in Elinor’s mind she was already trying to come up with something to throw in her sister’s face when they returned.

The chatter died as Elinor cleared her throat.  Excellent work, Camellia, Valdar.  We will unite this valley under one name, The Empire, which is me.  We will move against the Lethix Clan and give them the same message you’ve been spreading … if they give us the opportunity.  They will have one chance, and if they squander my mercy, then they will burn.

Her vision narrowed dangerously; she could see Valdar understood her statement, his mind playing on the image of the boiling oil they used to represent hell.

He nodded, giving her a deep bow.  “It is as you say, Supreme Chief Elinor.”

We move.

The moment she decided to act, a light green aura surrounded her.  Elinor glanced down at her glowing hands, studying the flickering fire while Quin moved.  The light wasn’t only for show; the hot flames in her heart rose with a roar as she began her campaign.  Lich’s Conquest had activated, and she was officially invested in territorial war with the Ri’bot.

Iris retook the lead, and Tiffany opened a private communication with her; she couldn’t see the Witch, everything was a blur as Quin followed the Thélméthra Queen through the dense jungle.  “That was your first War Speech, Dear!  I can’t wait to hear more.”

Elinor closed her eyes, easing her muscles as she sat back against her portable throne.  Taking in the mixed scents of the jungle and the alien sounds creatures made around her, she tried to imprint this moment in her mind.  I’m no longer a sixteen-year-old innocent human girl … I’m an Empress forging her empire through the ruins of my past.

They moved in silence for several minutes before Iris paused, causing the whole procession to follow suit.  “Empress, might I have a suggestion?”

Of course.  Elinor’s vision opened, reaching up to tame her hair.

“I suggest we hold the Zombies back and move in the open with only a few of the forces.  We will make a lot of noise, drawing them in, and once they surround us, they are actually the ones trapped, and if they do not comply, then we end them.”

“Oh, Iris, I would expect nothing less from an Assassin or a spider!”  Tiffany commented.

Iris’ lips fell as she appeared in front of Elinor, glancing to her right at a branch twenty feet away, where the Witch sat, stretched out upon a Quen’Talrat’s bony hand; the jungle floor was more than twenty meters below them.  “I’m still not quite sure about your explanations about these spider creatures.  They only sound slightly similar to a Thélméthra.”

Tiffany shrugged.  “Be that as it may, it’s just something that instinctually will pop into any human’s mind.  Umm, so, we’re setting an ambush?”  She glanced at Valdar, partially hidden behind massive tree leaves.  “Of course, we’ll give you the chance to inform them, but we will also be prepared for the possibility they choose to attack the Supreme Chief.”

Valdar’s eyes fell to the floor, clearly disturbed by the likely scenario.  “It would be inexcusable.”

“It’s simple but more than capable of working,” Edmon muttered.  “What exactly do you have in mind, Empress?”

What do I have in mind?  Elinor licked the inside of her teeth before swallowing, and she did her best not to twist her nose.  We will offer them a chance to serve me; I doubt they’ll agree, but if any throw down their weapon, spare them.  Those that surrender will be the voice that reaches the rest of the Clan.  They will be sent back to warn the rest, and they will all gather in one place to make this simple; I don’t have time to deal with guerilla-tactics.

“As you wish,” Iris stated.  “We are coming upon a patrol.  Should we begin?”

Lets.

Iris directed the Zombies and her other Unintelligent minions into groups of three, and Elinor was a little impressed by how quickly she took charge and divided each one into smaller units, but recalled that she’d directed hordes of her own people without the same level of communication the Nexus gave her.  They dashed into the trees; their loud popping noises had ceased upon her direct order, and they moved more stealthily.

She had their mounts drop to the ground, and they began moving through the jungle in a carefree manner, kicking the brush up and frightening the wildlife.  The Quen’Talrat’s grunts got louder, rumbling the air, and unsurprisingly, it drew the Ri’bot in like flies to honey.

With a slower pace, Elinor took the few spare moments she had to enjoy the scenery of the alien jungle and found it not so dissimilar to Earth’s.  The twisting vines, dark soil, and still wet soil, the ferns, subdued breeze, and hot moist air that was rich with earthy scents tingled her senses.  There were also many insects of various sizes, but they all avoided her and her minions as if live coals.  Interesting.  I would have thought they’d be drawn toward the lights, but they seem repulsed.

Elinor adjusted her posture, and a touch of amusement lit her cheeks as Quin also straightened his spine, legs shifting into a more confident position.  Her soft smile rose further as Valdar jumped out in front of Iris, yelling, “Hold your attacks, warriors of Lethix!”

She glanced around at the trees; what appeared bushes and ferns gave a humorous roar of laughter, all male voices.  “Did ya hear, Jaila?  They want us to be nice, huh?”  There was a slight slur to their words.

“It be like any other of the Delthax, eh?  They’re all about the peace and quiet until it comes to sharin’ the food or walkin’ through territories.  Looks like he brought a strange escort; what is this?”

Jaila’s voice lowered.   “What are you doin’ here, huh, Wixum licker?  Wait, wait, wait, I think I’ve seen those markings before.  What do you think, Yeppa?”

“Yeah, ain’t that the markings of a Delthax Chief’s line?  Why’s he bringin’ in such strange creatures into our land?  Chief Ulta will have some things to say about this; you trying to start a war?”

Valdar tried to speak up, but the Ri’bot talked over him, not giving him a chance to even answer their questions.

“Mmh, we may have…”

Their voices died as Edmon’s strong tone carried through the now still jungle, cutting past their jovial tones with a hatchet.  “Kneel before Supreme Chief Elinor, and perhaps she will forgive you and your ancestors for their sins against the Supreme Chiefs.”

“Eh … did that metal thing just talk?”

“No, Yeppa, it said we and our ancestors sinned against the Supreme Chiefs!  Who is dis’ Supreme Chief Elinor, huh?  I ain’t never heard of that!”

The voices became hot with anger.  “What gives you the right to judge us sinners?  We are not bound under the Delthax Chiefs!”

“You spit your tongue at us?”

“The disrespect to the Lethix and our ancestors!”

Valdar tried to speak up again but paused as a light blue dome surrounded them, and several hard wooden-like balls dropped to the ground, kinetic energy lost; Edmon had activated Transient Frost Wall, causing Elinor’s eyes to harden into a leer.

“Such fools,” Valdar mumbled, turning to give her pleading eyes as more pellets struck the shell, and Edmon’s ability continued to protect them.  “I couldn’t even warn them; not even the Clanless would have been this brazen, and I fear the Flex Clan will be worse.”

Elinor turned to Edmon as he held his massive shield up, an aura of mist beginning to leave his armor.  Warn them once that if they surrender, then they and their Clan will be treated with mercy.  Those that don’t, slaughter.

Tiffany giggled.  “It really is entertaining to watch the confident light in ignorant creatures’ eyes turn to horror as they realize they’ve stumbled upon a hidden dragon.”

Edmon gave the declaration, but it was only met with jibes, questions about their protective shell, and heated threats.

Elinor took a deep breath, closing her eyes for a moment as what seemed the scent of euphoria wafted through the air; after a second of relishing the feeling, her eyes opened, and she gave the brightening jungle a cold smile, finally starting to feel at home.  “Kill all, but one of them.  We need a messenger.”

A tingle ran through Elinor’s body as Iris gave the command, and the Zombies swarmed them from all sides.  Knowing where every one of her deadly minions was positioned, feeling them close in on the unaware prey was intoxicating.

None of the Royal Court lifted a finger; they didn’t have to; the Zombies launched into the trees, pouncing on the warriors.  They recovered instantly and even managed to kill several, but in the end, all but Yeppa was infected.

“Wait, do you hear…”

“What’s that clicking noise?”

“To you … Chief’s Tongue; he bit me!  What in the…”

“Orange, did Delthax ally with Komath?”

“No, there’s … why do they keep trying to…”

“By the pits … they’re everywhere!”

“Retreat … gah...”

“Jaila, what are you … no, get off me!”

“Remia!  Hang in … wha...”

Elinor didn’t have to see what happened; she knew enough by watching Zombie movies.  No one expects their injured friend to jump up and take your head off.

Yeppa appeared after only thirty seconds of resistance, arms, and feet held by four of the Ri’bot’s old friends, all Zombies.  They carried him to their Empress, and Elinor commanded the former warriors to force Yeppa on his knees before her as Quin lowered her to sit before him, hovering three feet off the ground.

The warrior seemed in shock, eyes wide as he tried to work out what had just happened; all the humor and superiority gone from his eyes.  “W-What … Jalia, Remia, Gronta … Kessin … why?  What happened?”  His eyes slowly focused on her as they forced him down.  “What did you do?  You burn like the Quen’Talrat … give me my friends back…”

Elinor looked down on him, green eyes devoid of pity.  “They’re gone.”

“I … what do you mean gone?  How … what are those Ri’bot?”

Everyone’s attention moved to Tiffany as the Witch was brought closer to the ground by her ride, legs criss crossed atop her mount’s hand.  “Hmm, do you really want to know?  It might upset you.”

Yeppa seemed utterly unable to comprehend what had just happened, and Elinor realized that the Ri’bot had probably never heard of the concept of Zombies or even considered mind-control; they had no idea a fellow warrior could sporadically swap sides without so much as a hint, and it obviously shook him to the core.

“Valdar,” she turned to the former Chief, “who is standing before this Ri’bot that he so casually addressed?”

Valdar gave the boy a pitying expression.  “You stand before Supreme Chief Elinor, Supreme Chief of the Pits.”

Yeppa’s brow creased, mouth dropping open as he glanced left and right at his former companions, now mindless, Unintelligent Undead, but before he could issue a response, Tiffany explained the concept to not only the Ri’bot, this was a first for Elinor, as well.  Yeppa’s light brown skin-tone became darker as the Witch continued.

“There were many signs pointing to the Supreme Chief coming down to deliver her judgment personally.  You experienced the Ancestors’ Wrath and many other proofs that went ignored.  For many generations, you’ve lost your way, celebrating life, and dismissing the one that rules over the Pits, Hell, The Underworld.

“What happened to your friends?  They were sent to the Pit for not only disrespecting, but actively attacking a Supreme Chief.  Time does not exist in the Pits; they returned once paid, and now, they serve the Supreme Chief Elinor with utter loyalty.  They do not remember their times in the Pit … it is too much, and it is wiped clean once purified through trial.”

Valdar stepped in with a grave sigh.  “Indeed, young Yeppa.  You have made a grave mistake, and I did as well … I now understand my change of heart.”

He did a true bow to Tiffany.  “I thank you for helping me understand, Royal Ritualist; I see why you are held in such a high station by the Supreme Chief’s side.  All races serve the Supreme Chief of Death, not just the Ri’bot, and we foolishly thought ourselves unique.  The pride we have … of course, a Supreme Chief would be needed to correct such horrific misconceptions.

“I do not remember my time in the Pit, but I know the strength I received in the forgiveness offered to me.  Thank you, Supreme Chief Elinor … words fail me.”

Elinor’s features softened, but internally she was laughing as she observed her minion.  Tiffany is spinning quite the story.  Yes … this is much more satisfying than just killing them.  They’ll become my willing and loyal slaves … even in life.


Maps:

Clan Territory Markers

Unmarked Map

SME's Request:

I hope you've been enjoying the free entertainment!  The internet is divided into different echo-chambers; you have a specific group that only hovers around specific sites/content.  So, by recommending my serials to others, you give it more exposure to different echo-chambers and help it grow.  Ratings are excellent, Trending is terrific, but it only will appeal to a specific echo-chamber.  If you like my content, then please share it in your own unique way.

Thank you!  ^_^7

Normal Plugs:

Discord Link - Growing Community =D

Support me on Patreon and get up to 5 Chapters ahead in A Tail's Misfortune, 11 Chapters in The Oscillation, and 10 Chapters in Undying Empire.

View and help contribute to the Wiki

57