Chapter 4 – 1 | The City of Realight Part 3 (1)
618 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Good evening, this is Becca Thorn. To summarize the information I gained last time: Baroness Mirenda hired me to investigate her daughter Cheshyr. The cause is rumors surrounding Cheshyr about committing criminal acts and aiding the Sisters of Danirass.

It also doesn’t help that Cheshyr’s current behavior invites misunderstandings. She talks and acts like a great villain, but it’s really just an attempt at getting attention from her mother.

There’s a common cause for the behavior and the rumors, that is, Alice. The cause of Cheshyr’s attention-seeking personality was Alice receiving all the motherly attention. In her jealousy Cheshyr adopted a rebellious and excessive attitude.

Interrogating the Sisters of Danirass with Mu’s help, I learned the one who was guiding them and helping them constantly escape the guards was Alice, Cheshyr’s younger sister.

It was Alice and those sisters who spread rumors of Cheshyr’s criminal activities. Looking into the rumors made it apparent that no one directly saw Cheshyr commit crimes or associate with the sisters.

In fact most people had little contact with Cheshyr, but they all had cheerful encounters with Alice. Even I ran into her once. At the time I didn’t think anything of it, but Alice did indeed try to throw mud on her sister.

Whatever the truth, Alice is involved in this. If I recall correctly, Cheshyr planned to kidnap Alice, but maybe this is all a trap set by Alice. I have a bad feeling. I transform Mu back to her original form and have her seated on my shoulders. Of course I ignore the shocked looks of the people in the cell.

Bringing up the map spell shows a 2D hand-drawn map this time as opposed to the 3D model. The drawn map is more readable. A dot labeled Cheshyr is approaching a dot labeled Alice.

They’re going to run into each other soon. With no time to spare I warp to the spot right before Cheshyr and block off her path. She halts in surprise at my appearing out of thin air and looks like she has so many questions to ask.

But before she can I move quickly and sweep her feet causing her head to fall back. She falls down just in time before an arrow can embed itself in her head. If I was faster I could maybe stop the arrow.

All right, I just need to make a super speed skill and super reflexes skill to up my status. Currently my status displays my name, race, level, and stats.

Name: Becca Thorn

Race: Human

Level: 1

HP: 100

MP: ****

Stats

Strength: 100

Vitality: 1

Agility: 1

Dexterity:1

Magic: 10

Will: 1

Because I have the Super Strength skill, my strength value is exceedingly high. Level 1 base stats seem to start around 1 so everything else is at that value. Maybe it’s because of my magic skills but my magic value is at a higher 10. My Health Points are at a maximum of 100 and my Mana Points are constantly fluctuating due to Mastery of Mana skill sucking in more mana as time goes on.

Strength is my physical power, vitality is my physical sturdiness, agility is my speed, dexterity is my responses and intuition, magic is my magical power and skill over mana, and will is my magical defense and strength of spirit.

Raising each stat through multiple skills is too much effort. I’ll just create one skill to increase every stat. Super Human, a skill that raises all stats just like Super Strength to 100 each.

There. Whoa, suddenly the world seems different. Not quite different, just my perception. I’m able to notice details I wouldn’t have before. It might be a sign of my raised dexterity or will.

My basic abilities sufficiently raised, I take a look at the attacker who shot that arrow at Cheshyr. It is a guard of Realight City dressed in lavish armor. Possibly a superior officer or high position within the guards. He definitely shot at Cheshyr with intent to kill her.

8