Chapter 4 – 7 | The City of Realight Part 3 (7)
628 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the demon defeated and her influence on Alice and the people cleansed, the city can recover. Lots of citizens saw the commotion happening in the estate including when the demon flew off to the cemetery.

I allowed Mirenda to hide the fact that the demon was inside of Alice this whole time from the people. Unfortunately the rumors and public recognition of Cheshyr is something that cannot be fixed so easily. It makes the Baroness feel down that she could be deceived so easily and that she suspected her daughter of being a criminal.

At least now the relationship between daughter and mother can start to be repaired. As for the younger sister Alice, that’s a different story. After years of animosity and backstabbing, you would think it would be difficult for Cheshyr to accept that it’s all over now.

Cheshyr Why should I hold a grudge with Alice? She’s innocent. The demon is who I blame for everything.

I forgot but due to Cheshyr’s simple mind she’s concluded that there’s no reason to hate her sister anymore. She’s treating her like it was a different person who screwed with her childhood. As for Alice.

Alice Dear sister! Play with me, please?

Outwardly there’s no change to her behavior. That’s simply because the demon wasn’t in complete control of her 24/7. All it really did was influence her thoughts and emotions. Underneath it all she’s always been a cute little sister who loves her older sister. What the demon did was alter that sisterly devotion into envy.

I’m glad the two sisters can get along after years of bickering and lies. The rumors should die down, so it won’t be long until the people accept Cheshyr and forgive her. There’s just one thing that worries me still.

Cheshyr I am sorry little Alice. I am rather busy, as mother calls it, making up for lost time. If I could rule over the world I would get rid of this wretched thing called compulsory education.

Cheshyr’s speech and attitude of acting all villainy and egotistical hasn’t changed. Hopefully she grows out of it at some point and becomes honest. Or rather, you just don’t like schooling. Stop talking about taking over the world.

Now I can peacefully leave this city since I’ve cleaned up the major issues. I think I did pretty good work.

I received a bonus of 3 gold coins from Baroness Mirenda who is satisfied with the results. She also sent word to the Keeper Guild about what happened and only reported the details of Alice to the higher ups.

They understood her sentiments and decided to promote me as an exception. Now I’m a Glass Rank Keeper now. No longer a rookie. It seems unfair to skip the examination and required number of requests completed, but that’s just how abnormal heroes are.

They also said that if it were within their control, they would promote me further to Metal Rank. But only the headquarters of the guild has that authority. Defeating a demon is no easy feat it seems, and they want my talent to be put to better use than glass ranked requests.

The Baroness and the officials of Realight City’s Keepers Guild urged me to head for the capital and visit the guildmaster of the headquarters. I guess I can make that my next destination. Somehow I get the feeling I’ll run into more hero business there.

Of my 5.95 gold, 5 silvers go to purchasing provisions and tools for the road. I would have bought more stuff just to be extra safe, but then I realized I can practically make any kind of skills to supplement me. I wonder if I could make matter appear out of thin air using a special skill?

I say my goodbyes and hit the road.

Followed by a party of 3 girls.

Don’t ask me, I have no idea either.

Becca Cheshyr, Alice, why are you two following me?

Cheshyr Because I smell adventure!

Alice Where my sister goes, I shall follow!

Neither of these two are thinking this through properly. I can only sigh but I admit the company is enticing. Just seeing them I get the feeling that I can’t say no to them. Actually, I can already guess but, Cheshyr, you just don’t want to go to school, right?

According to them they already spoke their goodbyes and Mirenda, perhaps feeling the guilt, allowed them to follow their choices.

Becca And you, uh, whatever your name is. Demon. Why are you following me?

Demon Your highness, have you forgotten already? I, Envie, am your eternal servant. I shall follow you and serve you up to my dying breath.

The demon is assuming a normal girl’s appearance, and it seems to be based on Alice’s body so she is a little girl with long white hair and red eyes. She could pose as a twin to Alice.

Becca I told you already, I’m not your princess. Never have been.

The demon Envie, after being hit with my Charm by accident, began spouting nonsense like how I was the reincarnation of the demon king’s daughter, the demon princess. She says how she can recognize a powerful charm magic like the princess’, but I think it’s just mistaken identity.

Either way, the demon has done a 180 and become docile and servile. I can’t find a hint of malice or suspect in her words. Even though I canceled out the Charm magic already, she still seems to be under the notion that I am her master.

Envie Princess, it is a tragedy that you have lost your memories and been reborn as a filthy human. But fear not, until the day you regain your demon pride and ascend the throne to conquer the demons, I shall remain by your side always.

Becca I have no intention of working with demons or going on world conquest. So just give up now.

Envie That is fine too. I swore a thousand years ago to your father that I would take care of you. I thought I failed, so I am overjoyed at receiving a second chance. I will care for you with all my heart even into old age.

Becca That almost sounds like a proposal.

Envie I meant it to be.

Analysis shows that Charm isn’t affecting her, but this affection isn’t normal. Maybe this skill is broken? She can’t be sane right now. How did this happen?

So my journey truly begins followed by Envie the demon, Alice the innocent little sister, and Cheshyr the adventure seeking troublemaker.

 

END OF CHAPTER 4

 

Status

Name: Becca Thorn

Race: Human

Level: 1

HP: 10000

MP: 11000+

Stats

Strength: 100

Vitality: 100

Agility: 100

Dexterity:100

Magic: 110

Will: 100

Skills

Realization

Super Human

All Language Comprehension

Mastery of Mana

Basic Elements Magic

Spatial Magic

Illusion Magic

Analysis

Restoration Magic

Abnormal State Negation

Holy Magic

Boost

Demonic Possession Full Resistance

Skill Transfer

Charm

Demonic Possession

Flight

Hp Regen

Soul Parasite

 

Author's Note: Double release! Wai ('u' ) /

Thanks for all the support friends. I feel like this is where a volume would have ended or something, so this is like a milestone of sorts. Feel free to move past this ramble. I want to thank all who read and followed along so far, and hope you can continue to enjoy Becca's adventures. I'd also thank my editor if I had one, and my family who actually shared this with each other even though I didn't want them to see my writing. I included a status update at the end of this chapter but next time I'll keep the list short to just new skills acquired.

11