Chapter 5 – 1 | A Respite on Earth (1)
582 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's Note: Sorry for the late release. Trying to think of better stories and stuff and I got stuck thinking too long. One chapter is ready to go just needs edits for the rest. Enjoy

 

Good day to you, it’s Becca Thorn. It is a fine day today here in another world. The sky is vibrant blue, the 2 suns are shining bright, and Envie is screaming in agony.

Envie Wuuuuaaaarrrgh!

Envie the demonic little girl is sprawled on the ground screaming and panting. Me? I’m just watching amusingly from the side waiting for the pain to subside.

Cheshyr Hey, Becca. Shouldn’t we do something about this? Also, what is that you’re eating?

Becca This? It’s just a cup of ramen noodles. You prepare it by adding boiling water and letting it soak a few minutes. You two want some?

Alice Yes ma’am!

I pull out another pack of instant cup ramen from the bottomless bag and create boiled water by combining a ball of magic water and fire. I’ve gotten skilled at creating the right amount and temperature of boiled water this way. Viva magic.

Cheshyr I’ve never heard of ramen noodles. Wonder where you got that from? No, more importantly, isn’t Envie going to die at this rate?

I hand Alice the cup of ramen and set a timer on my phone. Where did I get these things, you ask? Simple.

My spacial magic skill has spells like Warp, which can bring me to any nearby designated point in space. The more powerful version known as Teleport, can even bridge two locations as far apart as entire worlds and dimensions.

So I teleported back home to Earth, grabbed some stuff like a solar charger and some cheap snacks, and made it back here. I could just stay on Earth, but I would stick out dressed like I am. Plus there wouldn’t be much to do.

While I was at it, I asked a friend of mine who deals in rare metals to see how much he could get for a gold coin. It’s the gold coin I got from this world, but it should be similar to Earth’s gold.

Becca I’m watching Envie’s HP carefully so she doesn’t hit 0 and die. Don’t worry about her, she’s a demon. She’s tough.

Envie Help me! I’m dyiiiiiiing!

Cheshyr That doesn’t sound good.

Becca She’s just exaggerating. The pain is only cuz there’s a lot of info being crammed into her brain. She’s not in any real danger of dying.

Yes, the truth is that the reason for this situation started when I had a sudden thought during our journey. Even if I have the Map magic to guide us to the capital, I don’t know anything about our destination.

The capital city is known as Verbeau in the center of the continent called Yorland. That is our destination. What’s that? I forgot to introduce the continent earlier? No clue what you’re talking about. For reference, people call this world Arcoul.

Anyways, this continent of Yorland is ruled by the royal family of Yorliss. The young prince Oscar Yorliss was recently crowned the new King of Yorland. The capital should still be in a festive mood so there’s no rush to get there.

In order to plan this trip to Verbeau, I need some kind of guide or brochure, but I doubt such convenient things can be found out here.

That’s where I thought, why not make an Almanac skill to come up with all the worldly knowledge I need. But then again that much information could fry my brain if I tried it.

Enter a thousand year old demon who has a tougher body composition and keen memory. So I transferred the Almanac skill to her and all the written information of this world simultaneously entered her mind. As a result her brain is overloaded and trying to cope with it.

Maybe I should have designed Almanac like a search engine to gather info instead of trying to cram a whole world’s worth at once.

All I can do is wait until she gets better. Right, I should be considerate of her feelings. So I erect a soundproof barrier with the Psychic Powers skill. It’s like someone hit the mute button and now I’m just watching a silent demon roll on the ground.

Chehsyr There’s a real demon right here, and then there’s Becca. What is this?

Becca You’ll get used to it. Oh, Alice, the noodles should be done. Try taking a peek. And here’s a plastic fork.

Alice Yay! It smells delicious.

Cheshyr Hey, could I try some too?

Becca Sure. Have a seat.

The three of us sit on a tree stump watching Envie squirm.

10