Chapter 5 – 3 | A Respite on Earth (3)
511 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today is a weekend so I’ve decided that we should take a break. For the past few days we’ve been on the road to Frosthill. It’s only a few days away but there’s no hurry to get there.

When I say the road I mean that we’ve been driving a 4 wheel vehicle I bought and teleported to Arcoul. This vehicle reminds me of a military type vehicle that can persist on rough terrain. It cost a pretty penny. On the outside there’s an illusion that makes it look like a horse drawn carriage so it doesn’t stand out.

There’s plenty of benefits to using a car compared to getting a real horse carriage. It’s faster and doesn’t tire easily, it also protects from the surroundings and comes with A/C. And best of all the rumble of the uneven ground is gentle enough to fall asleep to. I leave Envie in charge of driving.

Surprisingly our journey so far has been uneventful. I mean if every day was filled with danger then it would be stress inducing. But at this rate I’ll get bored. That was probably the biggest reason I decided we should have a break this weekend.

And in retrospect this world does indeed have weekends, just not in the same 7 days format. Months and years exist but not in the same way either, so telling time with a phone or calendar is convoluted. Somehow the years still consist of 365 days.

Back to the break, it was decided that we would go to Earth and hang outside. Some simple illusion magic hides the fact that my party is not completely human. It should be safe to go out.

Actually, bringing foreign people to a different world could have complications like introducing new diseases or affecting their immune system, but that’s all too above my head to think about. Plus I can just heal my party if they or anyone else gets sick. So let’s shelve this thought for later and bring them out.

The day comes where I let the three girls out into my original world. They are dressed in common jeans and jackets to not attract attention, but with their good looks they stand out more than foreigners or celebrities. And for some odd reason Envie won’t give up wearing the maid clothes, something about servant pride or so she told me.

Mu is using the skill Shapeshifting that I gave it to allow it to change shape at will. Right now it is a bird on top of Alice’s head. They get along well.

We, or I mean, I continue to endure the stares at us as we go to the city. We take a bus ride to the center city from the apartment building. The three don’t act up because they already know about cars and electronics and such, although they don’t understand how they can function without magic.

Rather than explain it I ask if they fully understand how magic works or how fire burns. It doesn’t necessarily convince them but then it doesn’t have to. Even I can’t explain magic or electronics that well.

The bus arrives and we pay the fare and jump off. The three stare wide eyed and gasping at the sight of the city with all its daunting buildings and sounds. For the time being the plan is to go shopping for clothes. The ones they’re wearing were hastily picked out online and shipped. Obviously things like measurements and taste weren’t considered at the time.

The shopping mall has a level dedicated to fashion and our current budget is in the quadruple digits. Of course I have a credit card prepared in any case, but just when I’ve settled my balances, I don’t want to use it haphazardly.

In a mall’s generic clothing outlet, the three are unleashed to browse and try out clothes. In Arcoul, trying out clothes was apparently unheard of so the girls were surprised by it. But I think the surprise of being in a city outweighs that.

They each pick out clothes that match their looks and personality, except Envie, who somehow found french maid costumes in a hidden corner. Those aren’t for public eyes, rather there’s places where skin is showing, is that really proper clothing?

We paid and left. Almost immediately some shady looking guys start hitting on us.

Shady Guy A What up ladies? Fancy checking out a cool scene?

Shady Guy B All the lovelies are in on it. There’s some killer stuff you gotta try.

Shady Guy A Any beauties are welcome, well except for kids. No kids okay.

Sounds like they’re inviting us to some nightclub, but the girls have no clue about this.

Cheshyr We’ll have to refuse. We have some business to take care of.

Becca We’ll go. Sounds like fun, right girls?

Cheshyr can tell these guys have bad intentions. I reply to them only because I caught a whiff of some trouble. It seems like a hero’s job is never on break, even on Earth.

On a whim I tested out the Analysis skill to see if it works properly on Earth. Analysis on the guys shows their info and under titles they all have: Drug Dealer, Human Slaver.

7