Chapter 5 – 4 | A Respite on Earth (4)
435 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I decide that we should follow the shady guys after learning they are secretly drug peddlers and slavers. Typical bad guys on Earth.

Naturally as a hero I have an obligation to jump into the snakes den. The two dimwits take us to a back alley and into a door that leads to a basement. The place is dark and damp like the sewers or the underbelly of the city.

I use Telepathy, one of my psychic powers, to communicate with my party silently.

Becca ( Can you guys hear me? Don’t say anything out loud, just think it and we’ll all hear. Right now I’ve connected our thoughts through telepathy. )

Cheshyr ( This feels like a trap. )

Envie ( What is the plan miss? )

Becca ( These guys are up to no good. As the heroes, it’s only right we obliterate them. Just make sure not to accidentally kill them. )

Cheshyr (Is that why you sent Alice through a portal back home? )

Becca (From here on I don’t want her to see certain things. )

Envie (I can feel it, evil thoughts and sinister emotions linger here. )

I’m not surprised a demon can feel that sort of thing coming from this dark place. We hear a woman’s high pitched screams and stop in our tracks. Men appear almost out of the darkness behind us and urge us forward, not at all hiding the grim darkness awaiting us.

Seeming to have no choice we keep moving as the horrendous sounds of misery and despair assail our ears coupled with animalistic grunts. The guys guiding us look with the eyes of a predator, sizing us up as merchandise.

At the end of a set of corridors we come into a large hall where a man arrogantly sits with bodyguards lining the walls. There’s graffiti all over. The man who seems like the leader has women in rags chained to the ground next to him. Let’s refer to him as pisshead.

Pisshead What’ve we got here? Some more cute lambs for the slaughter? Prep them so I can break them in.

This pisshead is looking down on us. Let’s use analysis. Name, not important, race, level, all nonexistent. Titles: Sadist, Psychopath, skills: Torture Lv. 4, Drug Tolerance Lv. 2. Conclusion? Not threatening.

I consider how to clean this all up but the Map alerts me automatically that something is approaching. I set this automatic magic function up in case of any surprises but I already got a hit. Something is approaching the room quickly.

Clink, I hear the sound and see what looks like a grenade land in the middle of the room. Smoke pours out of it quickly obscuring the room. The bodyguards line up like a wall while the pisshead dashes for the exit.

The guards are yelling in desperation and pointing guns into the white abyss. A sharp object flies out of the smoke directly into one guard’s arm. He drops his gun and a shot goes off, causing the other guards to begin shooting randomly in the smoke.

I put up a psychic barrier around us 3 and watch the scene. Thanks to map I can tell that there’s one person behind all of this. They’re moving pretty fast and while dodging bullets takes one guard’s back. A kick sends him flying to a nearby guard. Another 3 sharp objects leave that person’s grip and find their spot in the legs of the remaining guards.

Unable to move that shadow dashes and strikes them with hands like claws, aiming for their necks and knocking them out. The other guards are taken out similarly within the smoke like a phantom.

When the smoke finally clears a figure garbed in all black is left standing. That’s definitely a modern day ninja right there. The person shoots a look at me and I return with a friendly hand wave.

They turn and leave chasing after the leader who ran off deeper somewhere. The two girls look to me for further action.

Becca I think that person is going to go after that pisshead for us, so we should go rescue the other people first and join up with them later. Besides, after all that gunfire I think we have company.

Some thugs run into the room after hearing the commotion and see us standing among a couple of groaning fallen guards. They jump to the conclusion that we were responsible and it’s not wrong to think so I guess. It was something we were planning to do anyways.

A group of thugs with knives and baseball bats run at us. It’s time to get to work.

7