Chapter 5 – 5 | A Respite on Earth (5)
425 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's Note: I'm gone this weekend so here's a chapter, last part will be up when I come back. Enjoy~

What the – ! These girls are monsters!

Knives and metal bats are broken and busted by bare hands, and bullets are repelled by a barrier worn like a thin layered shield. I’d describe us as unstoppable with just these and our higher stats. Me and Envie are like hundreds of times stronger than these guys and even Cheshyr at Level 15 is stronger than the average thug by 5 times.

No matter what they throw at us we fight it off with ease and it throws the thugs into confusion.

Nothing works! We need to run!

A well placed barrier at the entrance blocks them in.

We can’t get out! Something’s blocking us.

What’s going on?!

Some smart looking thug with glasses grabs a thinly robed girl and points a gun to her head.

Don’t move! Or I’ll blow her brains out!

Becca What girl?

Don’t shoot man! It’s me, Frank!

Wha – ! Frank?! I could’a sworn I grabbed one of the girls.

I noticed his movements and cast illusion magic on him so that he would see his comrade near him as one of the defenseless girls. When dealing with scum you have to expect this kind of thing to happen and take precautions.

I surround the thugs in a barrier to cut off their reach. Out of options the remaining thugs throw down their weapons and surrender. I knock them out by draining their mana so that takes care of the men.

The women who are visibly frightened shrink back from us. What to do? Right, maybe this will calm them down. Let’s use Charm magic.

Becca Listen to me and calm down. There’s no more danger. Get out of here and turn left. There’s a police station down the road a few blocks. Go and report to them.

Because of the magic their thoughts become sedated enough to follow my orders and leave calmly. Map shows that there are further levels below ground where there are more thugs waiting. The tracker that I put on that ninja is also heading lower after the pisshead who is at the bottom.

One floor down we are immediately swarmed by more people like annoying flies. I might as well try something out. I use my psychic powers skill to cast telekinesis.

I telepathically control their guns and jam them, then I psychically float the men and like magnets stick them together into a giant human ball. They are stuck and complaining but I knock them out all at once with a mental psychic shock.

Like before I charm the girls and have them evacuate. Onto the next floor.

This is the final floor and it seems word reached them because once we step foot a rocket is launched at us. That’s dangerous, throwing around rockets underground. I create a portal with Spatial magic and redirect the rocket outside in the air where I’ve confirmed there is nothing in the airspace for the explosion to hit.

The man with the rocket launcher is readying another one but I warp next to him and rip apart the launcher with my bare hands. We effortlessly clean up this floor’s thugs like all the rest, but there wasn’t that many. Some were already laying on the ground by the time we arrived.

In the last room is a standoff it seems.

The ninja on one side, and the pisshead holding a hostage on the other with a knife to her throat. Can’t these guys come up with something else?

Pisshead Who are you? Talk or I’ll rip our this girl’s windpipe.

Ninja Let her go, and I’ll make your death quick.

Pisshead You know this piece of trash? Well isn’t that interesting. Make any moves and she’s dead meat. Now take off that mask.

The ninja slowly relaxes their stance and removes their mask. Under it is a beautiful woman’s face mired by a large scar running down her cheek.

Pisshead You know, you kind of look familiar? Do I know you?

Her pale skin and dark hair contrast nicely. But her gaze is grim and surely thinking of doing something to that guy.

Ninja Lady Everytime I think of you this scar burns like crazy.

Pisshead Oh yeah! Ain’t you this chick’s sister? You tried to bite me so I cut you up and tossed you in a garbage heap. Can’t believe you survived.

The ninja tried to move just slightly but the pisshead hardened his grip on the knife pointed at the girl’s neck. The ninja girl had to stop frozen in place.

Pisshead Isn’t this a nice reunion. But now that it’s come to this, what to do? Hey you. Don’t care who you are or how you got here, but you’ll do.

He talks to me and cranes his neck to the ninja’s direction.

Pisshead Pick up a knife and stab her for me, would you? And don’t let my patience run dry.

As if to prove his point his knife digs into the girl’s skin ever so slightly, drawing a tiny red bead of blood.

Ninja Lady ... Do it. I’ll be fine.

Becca If you say so. Here.

I stab her with a knife laying on the ground and she falls to her knees. Everyone is silently staring in amazement. Even pisshead’s mouth is agape. I remove the knife and toss it before him to show the blood.

Becca You going to let that girl go now?

Pisshead Haha! I can’t believe you actually did that?

The pisshead throws the girl to the ground. He approaches the ninja and kicks her in the gut. He kicks her and sprays blood again as if to prove his worth. Distasteful words spill from his mouth, he sounds half delirious and delighted.

I have Envie check on the girl he tossed away to make sure she’s not badly hurt.

Pisshead Now that’s taken care of, I gotta make you lot disappear too. No hard feelings right?

Becca I return those words to you. No hard feelings?

He looks confused at my words when the ninja rises up quickly and puts him in a choke-hold from behind. He stares in disbelief seeing that the ninja is perfectly fine. What he doesn’t know is that the moment I stabbed her I cast a healing spell removing the wound. The blood spilled on the ground is just an illusion.

The ninja girl managed to recognize what happened and played dead without me having explained anything. She’s definitely sharp.

Becca Sleep forever Pisshead.

10