Chapter 5 – 6 | A Respite on Earth (6)
413 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's Note: Sorry for the late release to chapter 5's final part. Real life came around so I was busy for a while. There was a wedding and a friend coming home from the air force back to back and like that time passed quickly. I should be back to regular releases now. Thanks for the patience and enjoy..

 

The cleanup of the scene proceeds swiftly once the police arrive and arrest the men. Watching from the shadows are my party of 3 including the ninja and the girl who was freed from the pisshead.

They introduce themselves as twins, the ninja Laura and the sister Lina. They have similar dark hair and seem around my age.

I introduce myself and my friends and bring them to my apartment to get cleaned up. While at it I cast a restoration spell Clean that gets rid of the bloodstains and dirt on their clothes.

Alice greets us at the door and her and Envie bring Lina into the bath to get refreshed. That leaves me and Cheshyr with Laura.

Her story turns out that she and her sister lost their parents and ended up on the streets when those guys chanced on them. They took Lina while Laura resisted and left her for dead.

Laura managed to survive and trained in a secret assassination art her ancestors kept from old times. A year later she tracked her sister down to that den of darkness and coincidentally ran into us at the same time.

It sounds completely crazy, I wonder what my luck is to run into someone like her at this timing.

Right now Laura’s concern is how her sister Lina is. Her condition after a year in captivity is a kind of unspoken terror. What can I do to fix this?

Right, I cast Restoration magic directly on her, a new type of restoration. Normally I can do things like heal injuries and clean up dirt, but what if I concentrate and target a different kind of wound.

Internal, emotional wounds born of traumas and memories. If I can heal those and remove them, then they’ll be restored in healthy mind and soul.

It’s a success. The once lifeless eyes of Lina have a shine returned to them. H

er body’s condition is restored to before that time. There’s no signs that anything happened to her, like time reversed itself and her body returned to normal.

I’ve undone the past that happened to her, but who knows if this will actually work.

Laura Lina, how are you feeling?

Lina Sister Laura? Where am I? What happened? I remember some scary guys came after us, then nothing. Why do you look so sad and happy?

Laura It’s nothing. You’re safe now. I won’t let anything bad happen to you again.

Honestly I can’t say whether using magic to restore her state to a previous condition is morally right. It’s like we wiped her memory or made her younger. In a way she really has been restored to her previous state, no scars or injuries exist anymore. She’s in mint condition.

The atmosphere around the sisters after reuniting was intense. Me and the girls could only watch over them and smile. Envie started cooking and Lina offered to help her. Laura was apparently bad at house chores like this. Although they were twins, they had opposing skills and personalities.

We decided to hold a celebration so I brought some snacks and alcohol for the older girls. The night went on as we got to know each other and find our commonalities. Laura had a serious look from time to time until she pulled me into another room to talk.

Laura I don’t know how to thank you. You helped save my sister and gave her a fresh start. I’m not good for much but I swear I’ll do what I can to repay this debt.

Becca Now that you mention it, we are lacking a rogue at the moment. You seem handy with a knife, so how about it? Want to join us? Or do you have somewhere to be right now?

Laura That’s fine. Me and Lina will stay and assist as best we can. What is it you have in mind?

Becca Well I’ll show you two tomorrow. For now, you should go back and have fun with your long awaited sister.

Laura goes back to the party and I retreat to the hallway outside.

Now that all of them are busy, I can’t exactly interrupt them with more of my business. Besides, this will all go faster if I go alone.

I teleport to the basement where I rescued those girls. Rummaging through some documents, I find records of other operations on a similar scale to this one. It seems this group wasn’t working alone.

I set destinations on my Map and set off around the city, crushing entire warehouses filled with dealers in human merchandise. I create a living hell until I’ve followed the trail back to the boss.

He is stunned when I appear in his office with warp but I blow him away with telekinesis. I’ve done some questioning and investigation, and this guy here is the head of all the operations in this city. As long as I take care of him there won’t be anymore trouble.

The only problem is that he has powerful connections to the underworld. All kinds of bribes and blackmail means he won’t stay behind bars for long. In that case, it’s up to me to judge him.

That said, even if he is a complete waste of space who deserves death, I won’t give him that. I could try to rehabilitate him but that won’t always work. I guess it’s time for magic to solve everything once again.

I use Transform magic on him, this time a stronger illusion than before. One so strong it won’t wear off and affects him physically. I transform him into a piglet. In this form he can’t harm anyone. I drop him off at a mountain thousands of miles away in the countryside. Here he can live in peace until old age or until someone unfortunately hunts him down.

I tried being a bit poetic with this punishment. For all his greed and treatment of humans, he won’t be treated like a human from now on. And all he can rely on is himself, no one to help him or do his dirty work. His survival depends on him and his karmic luck.

I teleport back to the apartment with that cleaned up but now there’s another problem. In the process of crushing a criminal organization, I’m left with dozens of girls. Most have gone to the authorities to find their way back to normal lives.

The girls in front of me that remained apparently lost their homes and families, and have nowhere to turn to even after being rescued. So I promised to ensure their livelihood and brought them to the apartment.

I have the whole building rented out so I can let them stay here. I’ll have to think of how to provide them with sustainable work. Let’s just solve everything with brute force.

I leave the girls there with a cool 10 million dollars and tell them to start up a business. I explain that the money is from a wealthy patron, who I secretly won the money from after a high stakes poker game where I read his thoughts telepathically. Easy money. Cheating? Hardly. And I even caught him cheating too so we’re even.

After some discussion they settle on creating a bakery on the first floor. One of them has experience and believes they can make a proper living like this. Honestly I don’t even require the rent but I want them to have a proper life and leave the nest at some point.

With all that headache finally over with, I can resume my adventure in Arcoul with my party members Chesyr, Alice, Envie, and now Laura and Lina. Good grief, a hero’s work is never over is it.

As a side note, I got back from my friend who collects rare metals. He informed me that a gold coin of such purity could go for easily a thousand dollars. Obviously this means I have a means of cheating my way to wealth.

The most standard route is to acquire on Earth seasonings like salt, sugar, and pepper for cheap. Spend a few dollars to get these, bring them to Arcoul and sell them. In a fantasy world without advanced technology and transportation, this kind of cheap stuff could go for several golds. I then exchange that gold for more worth than the items sold. Interdimensional commerce for the win.

END OF CHAPTER 5

Status

Name: Becca Thorn

NEW Skills

Psychic Powers

8