Chapter 1 – 2 | Welcome to Another World (2)
1.5k 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oh, it’s a slime, the staple level 1 mob enemy of new players. Hm, it doesn’t seem hostile to me, in fact it reminds me of a squirrel that is confused from meeting a human.

It tilts it’s gelatinous head, at least I think that’s what it is doing. I tilt my head in return.

The slime is a transparent blue and quite small, like a soccer ball. Some cute roundish eyes are dimly glowing in the center, or is that glow coming from it’s core?

It’s kinda cute. Well, if it poses no danger to me then I should leave it alone and focus on finding shelter. I don’t know what time it is or where I am. If a slime is walking around this forest then there’s a chance a dangerous monster might show up.

I can’t sleep outside unguarded so picking up a fairly large stick to arm myself with, I begin walking north. As long as my compass functions like it does on Earth, I should be heading in a single direction.

I keep my ears perked for signs of danger or running water. Water means there might be people living nearby it, and if anything it means I have a refillable water source if I travel along it.

Sounds of leaves rustling behind me, it’s the slime isn’t it. I haven’t moved very far but I can tell it’s following me curiously. I should keep moving and leave it alone until it tires of following me.

The sun is starting to dim and change to an orange hue. It’ll be night soon so I might have to find some bush to sleep in. As I walk I sharpen the stick I’m holding with the pocket knife.

At least it starts to resemble a real weapon now that I can use it to stab. Still this stick isn’t very reliable and will likely snap if I stab too deeply. Once the sun sets and my surroundings turn dark I cut off a sleeve and wrap it around a second stick.

The makeshift torch catches fire from the lighter easily. I move with the torch as my guide. I still have a flashlight to help me see but in the case that monsters appear the fire can act as another deterrent. Wild animals will certainly hesitate to draw near an open fire.

I spot a cave and decide to enter it. This is as good a spot to spend the night, cover from the elements and hidden from view. I reach the end of the cave without running into anything living. I make a tiny campfire with the torch and a bundle of branches.

The ground is cold and rough so I use my bag as a pillow and try to get some rest for tomorrow. Come to think of it, the slime isn’t following me anymore. The fire warms me up and keeps the dark at bay so I eventually drift off to sleep.

My eyes open but my surrounding isn’t a cave as expected, instead it’s a sea of gray clouds. It feels strange like a dream, which might explain why I’m not panicking. So I’m dreaming, is it? I half expect some almighty being to show up like a vision when, a girl suddenly appears.

17