Chapter 1 – 3 | Welcome to Another World (3)
1.3k 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A wall of clouds disperses and out of it emerges a little girl who seems not much older than 8 years. The girl is wearing cute light pink pajamas and holding a stuffed bunny rabbit. She rubs her sleepy eyes and stares at me with half open red eyes.

Good evening, or is it night? Well, this is a dream so it doesn’t matter.

A voice like a bell rings out and yet it sounds like a surround sound speaker is blasting it directly into my head. The girl’s mouth doesn’t move one bit while the voice continues.

Rebecca Thornson. This is sudden but, I’ve brought you to this world because…because of something? I can’t remember. What was it? There was something important I needed you for, but I’m too sleepy to think of it.

The girl’s head begins to doze off and drip dangerously low.

Yeah, it’s probably not urgent. I should explain who I am, but it’s too much trouble. So just take a guess.

Me? The girl looks to me expecting a response.

Uh, are you an angel?

The girl shakes her head from one side to the other.

A god?

A shake no.

An alien? A spirit?

Another shake no.

This is taking too long. One more guess.

I think of any other beings that could invade dreams like this little girl when an answers pops into my head.

...A devil?

Silence.

...Ah, right. That’s what I am.

As if she just remembered, the girl affirms my words. Is she being serious or not? Why is a devil before me? I decide to move the conversation forward while trying to understand this girl.

Well you know my name, so what’s yours?

Me? Name...Eon. That’s it.

Did you just come up with that name?

...Yeah.

I can’t tell if this girl is a simpleton or not. Either way, I should be careful and not underestimate her.

So, Eon, can you tell me anything about why I was brought here? Where is here anyways?

Hm, I don’t remember. Here is, just here. It’s been like that always.

Okay… Are you, my enemy?

...Don’t think so.

Right. Hah, do you remember anything that might help me return to my world or get to relative safety? I mean, what does a devil need me for exactly?

Hm, too many questions. Well, just know that I brought you to this world for a reason.

And you showed up to tell me something, right? What was it?

Hmm...Oh yeah, don’t die. That’s it.

That’s it? Wait, does that mean my life is in danger? What should I do?

You should fight.

That’s easy to say, but I have no way to fight.

You do. What was it? Well, there should be a manual in...your bag. She should have put it in already.

There was such a thing in there?

That’s all I wanted to say, maybe. Then I’ll see you later.

Ah, OK. See ya.

 

Note: As someone pointed out, the dialogue is a bit confusing so names of speakers have been added.

15