Chapter 1 – 4 | Welcome to Another World (4)
1.2k 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Good morning. Oh? When I awoke I found that slime sleeping nestled against me. It’s cute.

More importantly, that dream I had seems to be more than just that, especially given the fact that I can vividly recall it. Eon the devil, and me, a human from Earth brought to this strange place.

My questions are ever increasing.

That reminds me, she mentioned I had a manual in my bag. I make it appear and grab what looks like a note.

It reads:

To Rebecca Thornson,

I suspect my friend has visited you in the dream realm but failed to explain anything significant.

You may call me the goddess.

To put things simply, we need you to bring balance to this world. In this world exists monsters and magic and concepts like gods and devils.

Everything is balanced even in life and death, or at least that is how things should have been.

Due to some mistakes, the balance of good and evil has been tipped. A certain devil released too many demons and corruptions that the fate of this world hangs on the edge. Innocent people are dying and the evil undead rises as we speak.

What we need you to do is quite simple: live. Live in this world for a period of time and help us re-establish balance in all things. You will be a fresh pair of eyes that can judge this world and see through the corruption. To that end we have empowered you to accomplish your goals.

It will suffice if you simply travel and slowly influence the world however you see fit. In the meantime we will work behind the scenes to restore order to this world.

If anything should come up we will be in touch, until then best wishes.

Hm, well, this is a lot to digest. So it seems as if I’ve been contracted like a consultant to help this world that is out of whack. And no less at the request of otherworldy beings.

It sounds hard to believe but I have nothing else to go on. She said to “live in this world for a period of time,” I can take that to mean I will be returned home after I help out enough. Alright.

For now, I should travel while resolving troubles. By the way she described it, there should be no shortage of requests to encounter. But before I can travel I’ll need supplies and a map.

There’s something else she said that comes to mind, something about being empowered. Does this mean I can fight?

Ah, the slime is awake now and stretching, I think. It looks lively.

Hm? It’s tugging on my shoe. I bend down to inspect it when suddenly it leaps into my bag. Ah! That’s not a normal bag mister slime!

Eh? It’s gone. No way, did it get sucked into the infinite storage? A slime has entered my bag, how unexpected. There’s no sign there was ever a slime but why would it willingly leap in?

For now I pull out the slime to confirm it is safe. Exposure to the bag has no effect on it from what I can see. Was there anything in there that drew it to the bag?

Wait a second, the slime is holding onto something. This...aren’t these gloves? I must have forgot about them. These gloves are a fingerless type of glove with knuckle guards. I remember putting this in the bag a long time ago, but I could have sworn I tossed it out.

It’s not like I can complain now that I have them. I put them on and they fit snugly. An idea pops into my head. If I have some kind of power then I should test this theory.

I grip my right hand into a loose fist and toss a casual punch at a tree. The touch is light as I expected, but then the tree makes an incredible crunching sound and a huge chunk disappears.

Looking beyond I can see that not just this tree in front of me, the other trees directly behind it and spreading out in a cone are missing entire sections and upper halves.

Somehow the destructive force of my punch hasn’t worn down the knuckle guarded gloves. So it seems that my punches are deadlier than a bullet. That’s good to know.

21