Chapter 2 – 1 | The City of Realight Part 1 (1)
1k 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone, this is Rebecca Thornson. Currently I am tying up the dangerous women I defeated while the boys run off to search for their family. By the time I finish roping them all up, the boys return with a group of adults and young girls.

Seems these Sisters of Danirass have been targeting the males of this village for breeding purposes involving cursed rituals. The reason for the targets to be so young? Preference apparently.

The adults like the mothers were chased away in frustration, while the men are frustrated for different reasons. Certainly the dangerous women are good lookers, but the wives are glaring at them coldly. Notice their feelings already.

An old man steps out and introduces himself as the mayor of this nameless village.

We thank you young warrior. You have saved the livelihood of this small village. How ever can we repay you?

Repay? The mayor explains that this type of work falls under Keepers, sort of like adventurers that do almost any tasks for monetary reward. So those kinds of jobs exist in this world too. They assume that I am an adventurer passing through.

I ask the mayor what they want to do with the tied up sex crazed criminals and he suggests turning them into the guards at the nearby city. The lord’s men should be able to process a reward for any bounties the women are under, and at the very least there’s a payment for crime slaves.

It’s not my place to judge this world’s customs but I assume slavery is a form of prison rehabilitation. I should look into this and see if I can’t come up with a better system.

The village hosts a feast in celebration and I’m invited to the festivities. Time to eat cuisine from another world. Hm, how to say it, very plain. The food is lightly seasoned and either grilled or boiled. All very simple preparations. They give me ale but I decline since I’m too young for it. The day ends like that and the next day approaches.

For now I agree to an escort that’ll lead me and the criminals to the nearest town under a governing lord. I decide to split the reward money in half to give the village as a consolation for their troubles.

The man who leads me on the road is an older brother to the boy that I saved. A few simple questions won’t draw suspicion so I ask him for recent events, explaining that I’ve been away from the country and am ignorant.

According to him the succession of the new king took place recently. The old king has retired and let his first born ascend while talks about the first princess’ marriage with the neighboring prince is frequent. Everything seems festive because of the royal family’s activities.

I also tell him that I plan on retiring from adventurer work and ask if he’s heard of a peaceful place suited for that. He thinks about it and remembers an island of women called the Emazons that is supposed to be a haven for women. I wonder if it is related to the legends of Amazons in any way.

The last question I have time to ask is about the lord of the city we are visiting, things like asking what kind of person he is, his behaviors. He’ll be my first contact with the governing rules of this land. Unfortunately the brother hasn’t been to this city before so he never heard of the lord.

12