Book 3 – Learning Chapter 9 – Pinnacles of Mages
143 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The nature of magic is growth, aptitudes, and specializations: it is the nature of mages in return to seek to grow stronger, learn more about magic, and carve out their own niche of spellcraft under the five unifying fields of magic and their many branching subfields. It is because of these intertwined natures and the wills of the metaverse, both the 5 base wills, the 4 composite wills, the 3 communal wills, the 2 spiritscape wills. and the simple will that there exists the apexes of magic below the nigh-impossible goal of godhood: the 15 pinnacles of mages. Each pinnacle of mages is acknowledged by one of the wills of the metaverse, granting them enhanced capabilities and aptitudes based on the will.

A primary capability shared amongst the pinnacle of mage is the full use of pinnacle points: the fifth metric. To the public, this metric which can achieved through true unique class specialties and hyper unique class specialties, the top 4th and 3rd stratum of advanced class specialties or Grand Magus-grade and higher mandalas and their system slots, facsimiles, and Trascendation counterparts: being a requirement for inscribing Legendary Magus-grade and higher mandalas. It is also required to their facsimile and system slot counterparts, composite facsimiles and multi-system slots of stratum 4 or higher, along with Trascendations: metaphysical organs that can be bonded to one’s Lesser Trascendation. Naturally forbidden, will-marked, and self-altering tagged Grand Magus-grade or higher mandalas and their non-mandala counterparts can also provide additional pinnacle points.

But for pinnacles of mages, pinnacle points also grant unique abilities to their respective pinnacle of mages, with the potency and rate of usage being based on the integer.

The pinnacles of mages of themselves are broken into 15 groups: spellmen, stargranted, mortal incarnations and demigods, herit crest users, legacy and phantasma users, blackzone managers, spirit kings and realm conquerors, high enlightened, recursive mages, patrons, sigma, cacodemons, emperor-spirit, sovereign-familiar, and apex.

Spellmen are the pinnacle of mages that represent karma, the will of knowledge that oversees red and clear manas. Spellmen are a subrace unlocking mandalas type of pinnacle of mages, meaning they are magi-sentient has two or more race advancements with the subraces being granted being a race hybrid between demi-elemental, innate acolyte, and turned human. Their pinnacle point grants the ability to amplify Grand Magus-grade or higher mandalas.

Stargranted are the pinnacle of mages that represent cosmic, the will of the metaverse that oversees violet and blue manas. Stargranted are a subrace unlocking mandalas type of pinnacle of mages like spellmen, requiring two or more of certain race hybrid subraces between a trapped subrace and zone folk, tower-dweller, or district-denizen. Their pinnacle point grants the ability to amplify Wish Transformations, the special transformation ability of stargranted, and access their hills of fantasy.

Mortal incarnations and demigods are the pinnacle of mages that represent divine, the will of the gods that oversees yellow and green manas. Mortal incarnations and demigods are race advanced race category type pinnacle of mages, meaning their only requirement is to have a race within the mortal incarnation or demigod race categories. Their pinnacle point, known as the saint pinnacle point, grants the ability ro draw on the divine portfolios they are connected to for power.

Herit crest users are the pinnacles of mages that represent eldritch, the will of primordial horror that oversees beige-steel and black manas. Herit crest users only require a herit crest facsimile to become one. Their pinnacle point grants the ability to heritage authority within their herit crests to control others and empower themselves.

Legacy and phantasma users are the pinnacle of mages that represent samsara, the will of the living and the dead that oversees white and orange manas. Legacy and phantasma users only require a legacy or phantasma facsimile to become one. Their pinnacle point, known as the rare wielder pinnacle point, grants the ability to amplify legacies and phantasmas. 

Blackzone managers are the pinnacle of mages that represent corruption, the sixth dark will that oversees non-chromatic manas. Blackzone managers are a race advanced race category type pinnacle of mages, meaning their only requirement is to have a race within the blackzone manager race category. Their pinnacle point grants the ability to further manipulate the area they have control over and temporarily expanding the range of control.

Spirit kings and realm conquerors are the pinnacle of mages that represent change, the seventh divergent will that oversees root and grand manas. Spirit kings and realm conquerors are also a subrace unlocking mandalas type of pinnacle mage, requiring the same requirement of having two or more of certain race hybrid subraces. For spirit kings the race hybrid is between a phantasm-pair and dreamwalker, psychopomp, or independent asset, and for realm conquerors the race hybrid is fabled werebeast and NPC, true gourmand, or border child. Their pinnacle point, known as the ruler pinnacle point, grants the ability to activate their Greater Cathersises, their transformations, and access their divergent distortions.

High enlightened are the pinnacle of mages that represent cusp, the eighth dazzling will that oversees inner and outer manas. The requirement to be a high enlightened is to have a race that is a race hybrid between the two of the six enlightened race categories. Their pinnacle point grants the abilities of accessing certain non-mandala magic tied to the spiritscape and self-contracting with their own spirit and or familiar sides.

Recursive mages are the pinnacle of mages that represent counter, the ninth damned will that oversees chromatic manas. The requirement to be a recursive mage is to have a race that is a race hybrid between otherworlder or reincarnated individual and reincarnated individual, enlightened entity, or enlightened being, pure reincarnated individuals do not count. Their pinnacle point grants the ability to excel in use of cursed and forbidden magic, such as anti-magic and hexes of sentience.

Patrons are the pinnacle of mages that represent messian, the first communal will of order that oversees the root of ascension, Lesser Trascendation magic. The requirement to be a patron is to gain the respective manalogical post. Their pinnacle point grants the ability to excel in the use of blessed and will-marked magic.

Sigma are the pinnacle of mages that represent ouros, the second communal will of freedom that oversees the root of variety, system slot magic. The requirement to be a sigma is to gain the respective manalogical post. Their pinnacle point grants the ability to excel in the use of artifact, sigillum, and high-contract magic.

Cacodemon are the pinnacle of mages that represent diean, the third communal will of chaos that oversees the root of duality, odd magic and will magic. The requirement to be a cacodemon is to gain the respective manalogical post. Their pinnacle point grants the ability to excel in non-mandala magic as a whole with an emphasis on facsimile and Sea of Phenomena based magics.

Then there are the emperor-spirit and the sovereign-familiar who are the pinnacles of mages that respectively represent aspira, the alpha spiritscape will of companions and alliances that oversees spirits and the root of expansion, outer genomes, vitas vessel, and Sea of Phenomena magic, and ofamal, the omega spiritscape will of dominance and subservience that oversees familiars and the root of trinity, body, mind, and soul magic. The requirement for both is to gain their respective manalogical post. Each of their pinnacle points grants the ability to access and draw power from parts of the spiritscape related to them.

Finally, there is the apex that is the pinnacle of mage that represent magos, the simple will of magic itself that oversees the root of roots, mandala magic, and the root of replication, magic of artificials and connections magic. The requirement to be an apex is the simplest and hardest of the pinnacles of mages: to be at least three different kinds of pinnacles of mages. Their pinnacle point mildly improves all other non-tier metrics.

Each pinnacle of mages also possesses an impostor variant that possesses the requirement of having 30 status designations and 3 pinnacle points toward that type of pinnacle of mages. These impostor variants grant the similar benefits as their counterparts.

Pinnacles of mages naturally develop faster than their mage counterparts, developing more unique styles of spellcraft. They also often obscure their nature through pacts with the metaverse via the secretive places of learning, Great Houses, and Factions, what the bonus set, second set, and third set schools of school mandalas are respectively built off. There are 15,320 core Great Houses, 15,320 core Factions, and 306,400 places of learning evenly split between villages, schools, guilds, and covens in total. Those with enough power and influence can create more but they will not possess the same metaverse-guaranteed permanence as their core counterparts. 

As is the nature of pinnacles of mages to gravitate toward through powerful organizations backed by the metaverse itself and all its wills, it is the nature of mages to attempt to be pinnacles of mages. For many people it is a matter of pride to become one, but like everything else in the metaverse, it often ends up being a matter of wealth and aptitude to become any type of pinnacle of mages. It is for this reason that those who are less fortunate and skilled may likely only become one type of pinnacle of mages while those gifted with fortune, talent, and tier are often multiple types instead.

3