Chapter 27: Mother Knows Best (I)
549 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment Nuwa reached Queen Lin's bedchamber, she discovered that it was already filled with people. Queen Lin's personal maid-servants and the imperial physician were strolling in a hurried manner.

Pensively furrowing her brows, she entered to probe the situation and learned that Queen Lin has been shouting after she regained her consciousness. Queen Lin was wailing after she discovered that Nuwa wasn't sleeping next to her.

 

As a result, as soon as she saw Nuwa's tiny silhouette, Queen Lin reached Nuwa's direction, grabbed her hands first and then tightly embraced her. Soon she started sobbing loudly. Tears were streaming down of her rosy cheeks. Nuwa felt a tinge of pain on the sudden action so a light groan escaped from her lips.

 

Struggling for a while without Queen Lin knowledge, Nuwa finally exempted one of her hands from the narrow space and gestured others to leave them be.

 

"T-They killed my children."

 

*sob* *sob* *sob*

 

"M-Mother doesn't want to lose you too."

 

"D-Don't leave mother." Queen Lin chokingly stuttered her words.

 

"This child won't," muttered Nuwa while lightly patting the back of Queen Lin.

 

"Mother loves Mei and promises that she will seek the old Emperor to dissolve the wedding." Queen Lin slowly raised her head and tearfully said, "Mother wants Mei to happily marry someone she loves."

 

Nuwa was deeply touched on Queen Lin's words. Her mysterious eyes slightly gleamed with overwhelming happiness and sorrow. She was grateful to Deity, there were so many people around her without blood-ties who genuinely loved and acknowledge her existence even though she wasn't worthy of their tremendous treatments. She was so blessed with such familial love and knew she could never return all the things they have done her for so long in her entire lifetime.

 

However, the next moment her emotions sobered up, all of her gratitude turned into extreme fury and hate because of Deity's cruelty on Princess Liena.

 

With a reassuring smile, she kept patting the back of Her Highness. She didn't know what to reply because she would never back off from the wedding. It was the only way to show and pay her gratitude.

 

"Mother doesn't need to concern about such trivial matters. This daughter will only feel happy and reassure if you get well soon. And this marriage... isn't happening without this daughter's consent. This child is willingly marrying the Qiu Emperor."

 

"What are you talking about! Don't lie to me. He will kill you just like He did to my baby... Liena." Queen Lin exclaimed in horror.

 

"This... this has nothing to with the Qiu Emperor." Nuwa tried to reason with her, she had no idea what she was babbling though!

 

Scrutinizing Nuwa's face, Queen Lin sorrowfully said, " You are lying... don't console me with sheer lies! He'll kill you. Mother knows best."

 

She didn't want to give false hopes so without replying, she just gave a reassuring smile. When Queen Lin saw this, the rate of her heartbeat increased fast, she cried loudly when clasping Nuwa.

 

"P-Promise me that you'll live... Promise me that you'll return safely."

 

'More promises!' Nuwa didn't agree this time because she had no idea what kind of jeopardize situations may arise around her in the Qiu kingdom. There was a possibility of Queen Lin's instinct turning real, Nuwa knew she might get assassinated before even reaching or stepping the border of Qiu kingdom.

 

Just how much ordeals they still needed to pass through?

 

Or... was it just the beginning!!!!

 

[Note: Unedited chapter.]

16