Chapter 33: Gone!!!
427 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the stormy night, some imperial guards heart and mind was also in disarray. They were also weeping in the corner like Nuwa, but their reason was something else...

*****

In the midst of the storm, on the Black Snowy Mountain, a figure was running. He was unstoppable - the violent wind or the big trees, nothing stopped his determination. His speed was so fast that it could be considered as lightning speed. As a result, it was harder to guess if he was running or flying. His brown robe was floating on the wind, giving off a mysterious vibe to his surroundings.

The brown robbed man's destination was the imperial family's ancestral ruin.

*****

Since the storm was devastating, the ruin guards had no other choice than moving inside to take shelter. It was illogical to guard the gate, they didn't want to soak and get sick since none would come to visit a ruin unless they were lunatic or a lost traveler so, they were chatting leisurely when cursing their masters deeply in their minds, especially King Lin.

They were the honorable member of the 'Eagle Guard' which was the most privileged guard in the Lin Kingdom. So obviously, they had always been prideful. Wherever they went, the higher-up officials and guards had worshiped them as idols when commoners couldn't even dare to look at them back.
But who would have thought that His Majesty was always dissatisfied and had always disregarded them as failures? If others knew how they were treated inside the palace and that their rank would be so degraded and one day that they will guard a ruin, they would surely laugh their ass off. Forget about keeping the idol image, they would surely become a national joke and suffer unimaginable bullying.

They wondered why His Highness-es gave such a peculiar order, especially guarding a particular grave. It was really weird to guard an ancient cemetery without importance since they heard that the deceased person was just a royal family member.

Even a rotten body received better treatment, was more valued than the living.

They again loudly sighed in depression. They were frustrated for being alive.

So they were cursing whoever the deceased soul was.

As a result, they didn't notice the brown-robbed figure had sneakily entered the 'special grave' room that they were supposed to guard. The man stood in front of the tombstone. His body was emitting a dark mystical aura. It was impossible what he was feeling. He mumbled,

"I told you, Missy Princess, to believe in me. You should have kept the bell."

"Back then, your idiotic family also didn't believe me..."

"I hope there's still some time." He said when slowly closing his eyes and started muttering understandable things.

*****

After a few hours, one of the guards got bored on discussions so he started wandering around the yard again when something horrible came to his sight. He got so scared that he shrieked with a loud outcry and lost his consciousness.

Hearing their partner's shrill cry, the guards hurriedly come to check what happened. After discovering the senseless body in front of that grave room that they were supposed to look over, they tried to find out the source of their partner's fear. At first, they thought it would be something silly since they were in the ruin in the middle of a stormy night and it was normal for a chicken-hearted person to be scared. However, soon the realization hit them, they finally understood that their companion's fear was not in vain. They also got frightened at a sight and felt like collapsing.

The tombstone was cracked and the grave was open.

The grave was empty inside.

The corpse was nowhere to see.

It was gone!

[Note: Unedited chapter.]

 

Announcement

To all my dearest Muslim readers from all over the world,

"Eid Mubarak".

?????????

I wish you all celebrate your Eid happily with your family and friends.

To my non-muslim readers, I hope you all have a very good day.  ???

11