Chapter 34: Farewell [End of Volume 1]
506 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nuwa was lying down on her spacious bed. The long silky hair hung from her head down to the floor. Her eyes became puffy and bloodshot after the all-nighter crying. She was absentmindedly staring out of the window. The warm light of the sun was brazenly poking through the window curtains like a normal day as if, there was not any devastating storm happen in last night. When light from outside shone on her face, accompanying the sound of the turning of the doorknob, Nuwa heard a low voice from behind the broad screen,

"Miss, these servants want your permission to enter." Nuwa heard her most trustworthy maid, Xiao Anhao, was calling with her childish voice.

"You may enter." Nuwa hurriedly sat up from her bed.

Not long after, the doors leading into the bedroom opened and a long line of maids came in. Nuwa calmly looked at the group, they were carrying heavy silver trunks and large gold plates. All of them were filled with extravagant jewelleries, rare silks, and golds.

"Miss, Empress Dowager bestows these gifts for your wedding." Said one of the most trusted mamas from empress's residence.

The servants in Nuwas room were aware of today's occasion as Empress Dowager choose them by Herself and instructed them individually to take care of the newly appointed Princess. Empress Dowager was worried Nuwa might face hard times in the Qui Kingdom since she had only one servant following her around. As a result, Empress appointed Her loyal servants to follow and protect Nuwa from now on.

However, Nuwa's attention wasn't there. Her sight was glued to a luxurious Red color gown that Xiao Anhao was holding on a gold plate from the moment everyone stepped in her bedroom.

It was her wedding gown.

Xiao Anhao approached Nuwa quietly and said, "Miss, it is time for the wedding." However, she exclaimed the next moment when she noticed Nuwa's reddish face. "Miss, are you alright? Shall this maid summon the imperial doctor?"

Nuwa didn't have shoes on. Bare feet and hair down, walking on the smooth and icy floor, coldness rushed from beneath her feet into her body, making her even more conscious and determined.

Without showing a change of emotions, Nuwa indifferently replied, "I'm fine." Then she waved her hands, signaling for them to start her bath, and prepared her luxurious wedding gown.

It took her an incense stick to get out of the bath. The maids prepared a rose milk bath for her. Nuwa's body shimmered in the rose milk, her hair was meticulously scrubbed in water. There were no rush actions. The maids tried their best to decorate her. All the time, Nuwa sat like a porcelain doll in front of the large bronze mirror, letting the servants put on her makeup and combed her hair into a style befitting of a Princess.

Queen Lin entered the room worriedly. Seeing her highness was here, the maids stopped their actions and retreated outside fearfully. Nuwa was staring up into the mirror so when she noticed Queen Lin was standing behind her, she stood up.

"Are you okay my dear?" Queen Lin asked.

"This child is fine, mother." Nuwa replied with a reassuring tone when slightly pressing Queen Lin's hand.

However, Queen Lin couldn't help worried. It was obviously the familiar voice of Nuwa, yet strange at the same time. The soft, gentle, and slightly hoarse tone she had heard it numerous times before. She didn't know how to describe the feelings but now Nuwa's voice was so, so...

As if it came from a very far away place. It was calm, determined, introverted.

At that moment, Queen Lin thought she had arrived at another world, and met another person. After a long silence, she finally said,

"You have grown up."

Nuwa only smiled back in response. She knew why Queen Lin was here. It was time. After having breakfast, they left the room.

They walked out of the room and going around the palace corridor, a huge scene of spring welcomed them. New sprouts of green came into the sight, and the soft yet clear sunshine brightened the darkest corner of their heart, sweeping away the depressing atmosphere. Who knew after such a devastating stormy night, nature would turn out to be like this.

The scenery was breathtaking!

The bright sunshine shone upon Nuwa's elegant face, making her pale skin look as if it's half transparent. Nuwa pulled down her veil when they were about to reach the entrance. King Jingze was waiting for her in front of the entrance. He gave her a smile and said,

"Take care."

Nuwa could not clearly see through the thick cloth, so she just nodded in response. She watched there were more than twenty large carriages were waiting for her arrival. King Jingze said embarrassingly,

"This is your wedding dowry from Us."

They led her to the carriage. Nuwa sat on the most luxurious one. She waited patiently for the matron to lead her out into the carriage. Everyone was looking at her with different kinds of expressions. A large number of people were excitedly looking at her and giving their blessings when others were worried. King Jingze and Queen Lin were helplessly staring at her. Their face was full of sorrows; they couldn't stop the wedding.

Nuwa sighed.

The carriage started to move. Nuwa opened the carriage curtain for a final glimpse of those people who loved her wholeheartedly.

She waved at them for farewell.

It was her last time.

She might never see them again.

 

[Note: Unedited chapter.]

 

14