Chapter 38: Hostage(II)
390 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nuwa slowly got out of the carriage and frowned a bit when she noticed her surroundings after slightly raising the corner of her long thick veil. Her eyes were turned wide in surprise.

All of the royal carriage guards were motionlessly laying on the grass. At first, Nuwa's heart almost burst out in fury when she thought that they were killed but later she found it was a rather peculiar situation when she noticed that none of her people were physically harmed. Their clothes were not drenched in blood marks nor had any stabs except her two coachmen. Only they looked injured as their hands were bloody but the wounds didn't seem that serious.

To be precise, all of them looked as if they were in deep slumber without any worries.

"W-What happened to them? Are they poisoned?" Stuttering, she asked the two muggers.

Since Nuwa was acting docile, the bandit duo thought she was harmless as they replied to her.

"Only unconscious." Answered the wound face without turning his head.

"H-How?"

"Shut up! Pray for yourself or you will join them. Walk." Hissed the stony face when pointing his sword on Nuwa's back.

Nuwa nodded and started to follow the bandits. The stony face was walking in front of her when the other was behind. Nuwa soon rediscovered that all of the other guards were also laying on the ground.

'How can all of the people become unconscious at the same time?'

'Are their martial arts really that powerful? Then that is such a disgrace for the imperial guard and His Highness' for choosing Ruo Xie, huh!'

Nuwa tsked when giving a smug smile. Howbeit a new possibility hit her mind.

'What if they were drugged?'

'Ehh... but how can that even possible!'

Soon, Ruo Xie's group came to Nuwa's sight. They were about a hundred meter's away from the distance she was standing. She saw that he was surrounded by the pack of bandits and slashing them one after another, nonstop.

Ruo Xie had only a handful of companions beside him as a result, even though he was a genius martial artist, it was impossible to fight against hundreds of bandits. Those people were like zombies, nonstop attacking them. Before he could defeat one, another would pop up behind him. Surprisingly, they were not professional fighters. He found only a handful of people were well versed in martial arts. There were even some women in the group!

If it was the other time, he could have already won without using too much strength. However, those robbers were pretty smart. They had already prepared some unconscious gas and thrown at the royal procession before the attack. As a result, most of Ruo Xie's sides of people were knocked down without grasping the situation.

Because Ruo Xie and his subordinates were a high-level martial artist, they endured those incapacitating agents effect, even though, they could already feel that their nervous system had slowly started to weaken. He was constantly gushing his teeth to remain conscious.

Ruo Xie was also deeply thinking how could these people got such precious medicine on their hands when King Jingze, who always liked to collect uncommon things, could not afford to grab them after searching in black markets for a long time.

'It's not the right time to think about these trivial matters.'

'Don't lose your consciousness Ruo Xie, otherwise, you'll be never able to face His Majesty.'

Ruo Xie silently rebuked himself as he continued to move his sword. This time his speed became faster.

Deep inside, he was regretting abandoning Nuwa's procession. He should have thoroughly thought before instructing his subordinates. He was supposed to protect her. His Majesty hand over this responsibility because He trusted Ruo Xie so deeply, when, he left because of an impulsive decision.

What else he could do! It was not easy for him to accept the death of Princess Liena.

'Focus! Focus!'

If Nuwa wasn't protected today and safely reaches to the Qiu Kingdom, their kingdom will be doomed. Now, the peace treaty was only depending on her life. She was the only person who could save the entire nation.

Ruo Xie's life was full of regrets. He considered himself as the greatest failure. Not once or twice, he failed every time Princess was in need of his help, in danger...

And now this situation emerged. If something happened to Nuwa today, he didn't know what he'd do. He would never be able to forgive himself.

'I'll protect her with my life.' He vowed as his eyes turned determined.

Ruo Xie would have cried a bucket of tears if he knew that today determination would be his greatest turning point of life...

Nuwa eyes were sparkling with admiration.

'Woah! He is so fast! Each of his moves is like gold!!!'

She appreciated Ruo Xie inwardly. He was really worthy of the title 'Genius'. His skills were really praiseworthy. However, there were some serious issues with his dumb brain.

He was one of those people who were always full of himself and considered their actions and beliefs were right and others, whoever went against them were extremely wrong.

Handling these kinds of people were the toughest thing unless someone proved them wrong, gravely point out their fault on their eyes and completely break their arrogance.

'Today I will teach him a great lesson so that he'll never act arrogantly in front of me.' Nuwa thought when grinning mischievously.

[Note: Unedited chapter.]

11