Chapter 39: Hostage (III)
268 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nuwa snapped back from her stupor when she noticed that Ruo Xie's fighting speed was reducing slowly.

The group of Bandits finally succeed as they started cornering the remaining Imperial guards. The mischievous grin on Nuwa's face turned stiff when she observed that out of blue, the guard besides Ruo Xie loudly fell from his horseback.

"What's happening!"

Ruo Xie shouted in horror seeing his teammate's condition. It was natural for him being so concerned since his teammates were like his blood-related brothers. Even before the formation of battalion group the eagle guard, they were friends and together they had fought in many battles.

If there were no gas effects today, his subordinates could have already killed these small pests without batting eyes.
Ruo Xie; himself alone was enough to cease these bandits.

However, he was unfortunate as the situation was totally unfavorable on his sides. The unconscious gas was really powerful, it was slowly affecting their nervous system. He even yawned a few times without a whit of realization.

If his fellow comrades die in the hands of these ants today, it would be his and their kingdom's greatest humiliation. Ruo didn't want them to sacrifice his brothers' lives like this. He didn't want to think more.

As a result, he hurriedly ran to check how bad his subordinates condition was one by one and if there was any bit of a chance of them being alive. Howbeit he was relieved when he saw the guy didn't die rather he was sleeping soundly.

"F*ck! Hey, wake up!"

After struggling for a while, the sleepy man finally opened his heavy eyelids. He replied in a sleepy voice.

"C-Captain... I am sorry..."

*yawn*

"...This.... subordinate... can't open his eyes..."

*yawn*

"...It's been such a long time... I... have... slept... like... this..."

The guy could not finish his sentence as he drove into a deep slumber.

Ruo Xie foolishly looked at his partner. That guy was loudly snoring.

"You idiot, wake up!"

Ruo Xie shouted when pulled his subordinate's arms as if the guy was already dead. Some bandits giggled in humor on the scene, Ruo Xie's behavior was really funny. He was acting like his subordinate died in a war.

Ruo Xie now had a strong desire to kill this man. He also felt extremely embarrassed and betrayed. Embarrassed because he was acting foolishly, he became a laughing stock in front of these lowlifes. And betrayed because of his subordinate's behavior.

How can that guy act as he had never slept peacefully in his entire life!

He then rediscovered that slowly the others were also following the suit as the whole ground turned into their bed.

The entourage of bandits weirdly stopped attacking the imperial guards. They simultaneously left the imperial guards with an angry Ruo Xie alone.

Ruo Xie balled his fist in humiliation; thinking, 'So I am nothing to their eyes now that they decided it is unworthy to confront me!'

"Wake up, comrades! Don't lose your consciousness. Don't admit defeat."

Ruo Xie frustratingly shouted alone in the middle of his sleeping comrades. He was so frustrated that he wanted to kill his long-trusted teammates on spot.

The bandits found Ruo Xie's actions funny. So they started to laughed loudly while ridiculing him,

"Mr. Useless, don't waste your precious breath. They are not gonna wake up any time soon."

"Next time, train them more often so that they won't sleep easily. Ha ha ha..."

"Yes, it takes a few minutes for an elephant to get into a deep sleep. It's not easy to resist the gas' effect. But it's a surprise that you guys could hold it for such a long time!" Someone from the bandits exclaimed.

"He is still conscious! He is the second person I have seen who has such a high tolerance other than our boss. He must be a very high-level martial artist!"

Soon a small crowd formed beside Ruo Xie. Unlike before, their eyes were shining with curiosity and admiration.

Ruo Xie suddenly felt uncomfortable. It was already difficult for him to endure drowsiness. And now these people were debating and praising him when looking at him as if he was some kind of rare zoo animal.

He was trapped.

If it was any other time, Nuwa would laugh her ass off on Ruo Xie's misfortune. It was such a hilarious sight to see.

But now, she didn't. She was rather sympathizing him. She realized he was in grave danger now since bandits also liked capturing qualified people. Based on the current circumstances Nuwa realized that the bandits took a liking on Ruo Xie's capabilities. Later they might pester or blackmail Ruo Xie to join their cult or organization.

Nuwa understood she had to do something immediately. Ruo Xie needed to be saved from these evil clutches.

"Watch over here."

The Stony face ordered the wound face as the later nodded into a silent approval. The stony face then threateningly glared at Nuwa for the last and left from place. Taking large steps, he joined the nearest big crowd of his people.

Nuwa curiously started to observe the crowds. No, she was not as courageous as most believed. She wanted to grasp the entire situation before she could start taking countermeasure since she was alone.

She saw a tall, sturdy man was standing in the middle of the crowd. His robe was just like other people, worn out and dirty. However, the air around him was different from the rest of the crowd. It was emitting a strong murderous aura.

Though Nuwa could only see his back, she could still feel that the man was a dangerous and ruthless person. Holding a sharp sword, he was instructing the bandits in an inaudible voice. Based on the crowds' overenthusiastic and respectful behavior, she could easily assume that he was their leader.

Nuwa peeked at the robber's silhouette who was standing in front of her. The wound face was looking at his leader's back with admiring eyes. He looked rather depressed because he couldn't overhear their conversation because of the long distance.

Nuwa took the chance of his distraction, her eyes suddenly turned cold as she slowly took out a small box from her sleeves.

[Note: Unedited chapter.]

11