30 – Piano
962 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you by any chance little Zhanye?" The old lady looks at me and tries to control her emotions.

When I look at the couple, I see several similarities between them and my mother, especially the hair of the elderly who light redheaded just like my mother's. "Grandpa, Grandma?" I asked myself softly trying to confirm if they were them.

For me, who was always an orphan, it was difficult to understand this concept of family. The love my parents showed me all month I was here for sure touched my heart and reserved a little corner for them in here. But seeing the elderly couple in front of me, looking at me with an expectant look, I didn't know how to react.

Even if I had said it quietly they still heard what I said and the old lady opened a big smile on my face and hugged me as I said it. "It's you, Zhanye! I missed you so much..."

My 'grandfather' looked at me with a proud smile as he asked "My grandson, what happened to you? You look so handsome, taller, and best of all, you're out of the room, here with us."

The two who appeared to be 60 - 70 years old, my grandfather had short light red hair, a well-made beard, light skin, and a little overweight, while my grandmother had black hair, brown skin with a thin waist and a slightly wider hip, the typical Brazilian body.

I hug my grandmother back and answer them with a little smile on my face. "I wanted to change myself, I got tired of that sedentary life. Now I'm going to the gym, working online and even learning to play the piano."

Listening to the last part of what I said, they were a little surprised, with my grandfather quickly asking more about it. "Are you learning to play the piano?! That's great, you guys have a piano here? How about we play a song later?"

"Calm down Edward, we'll have time for that later." She told my grandfather and turned to me, saying quietly. "He gets very excited when it comes to the piano, even wanting to teach everyone at home how to play."

Listening to what she said I was happy and surprised, after the reaction that the judges had to my performance in the presentation with Liz, it seemed that I played well, but I did not have a comparison parameter, it would be good to try to learn that from my grandfather.

"Haha, it's okay. Come on in, I'll let my mom know you're here." I said with a smile as I headed towards the kitchen.

"Grandpa!" Henry screams cheerfully and runs out with Sue when they see our grandparents coming into the house. Hearing Henry's scream, I don't think I'll have to warn my mother of their arrival anymore.

"Hey, little boy, Zhanye said he's learning piano, you're teaching him?" My grandfather asked while he was holding Henry in his lap.

Henry was confused to hear what our grandfather said and asked back. "Can Big Bro play the piano?"

I got even more confused and asked, "Can Henry play the piano?"

"Didn't you know the other one knew how to play the piano? Hahaha" My grandfather started laughing when he saw our confusion even though we lived on the same roof.

The day I helped Liz with her presentation, my mother played with me that I was on a date with Liz, and I ended up forgetting to tell her since then how it had been there. Not to mention that when I bought my piano, I brought it in the box, so I don't think anyone noticed that I had a new piano in the room.

"Since when are you learning to play Zhanye piano?" My mother asked as she left the kitchen with a surprised look.

"I guess it's been, like, four months?" I answered doubtfully. At least while old Zhanye was locked in his room, no one would go in there to see if there was a piano or not.

"How about we play a song together?" My grandfather suggested animatedly, apparently happy to play the piano with his grandchildren.

When Henry heard the suggestion, he was also very excited to be able to play with Grandpa and Big Bro, so I couldn't refuse that look the two of them were giving me. "Wait a minute, let me get my piano in my room." I said as I turned around to go up the stairs.

As I was walking down the stairs, I saw Henry's look of surprise and happiness when he saw that we now had a piano at home. Now that I know that he likes playing the piano so much, I can practice with him, it will be a good time to spend with brothers.

I mounted the electronic piano in one corner of the room and when I looked back, Sue was carrying a chair with difficulty, followed by Henry also carrying one more and my mother coming carrying the third chair.

My grandfather sat in the middle chair as Henry sat to his left, facing the serious keys as I sat to our grandfather's left, facing the sharp keys.

My grandfather looked at Henry and I felt that they were up to something, by Henry's evil eyes, I felt that they wanted to make a joke on me and enjoy that as I only learned for 4 months, they would play a more difficult song.

But to their misfortune, the "hard" song they chose was the only song in the world I had learned to play, which was the song I played at Liz's performance.

I don't know if that's just something the system has for me, or if anyone well-trained on an instrument has that ability, that with the necessary knowledge when listening to the music or even playing it, the music will be recorded in the memory as a muscle memory for you to play again later, but after playing that song for a while, I've already managed to remember the score mentally so I can follow those two on my side.

My grandfather and Henry were with a victorious look watching me think a little before playing when suddenly I started playing along with them perfectly. My grandfather was surprised and very happy when he saw the way I was playing, really if I didn't tell him that I was learning for 4 months, he would say that I was practicing for several and several years.

We continued to play in all the tranquility of the world as the three women enjoyed the sound of our music as the solo moment was about to arrive.

My grandfather started to slow down a little, since the solo of this song was very difficult, while Henry also chose the most basic version of this same excerpt. But when the two of them heard the sound of the high notes, two heads instantly turned to me, hearing that I was playing the full version of this song, used only in classical music performances by very experienced musicians, with a visible shock to their faces.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Want to support me and read up-to 28 ahead chapters?
Support me on patreon ↓
Patreon.com/Zhanye
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

25