Chapter 7: Opened eyes, blurry image.
96 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Pov mistake fixed sorry for the confusion.

Thoughts, "Dialogue", Vvpjlz

Kiriana Pov

I barely was able to sleep at all last night with my mind filled with thoughts about what happened with the moon. When I woke up 10 minutes late than when I was supposed to, I had to convince my dad that it was because I was up late studying and wasn't in bed just staring at the ceiling thinking about how my life has been the last couple months. Despite all that I couldn't miss out on today as this might be my only chance to get any answers. So after breakfast, I put on a maroon shirt, brown pants and walked to school.

School went by with nothing of note happening, except the odd person asking why I looked so tired, which I would reply with that I was just studying later than I am used too. Luckily no one pushed the topic any further than that as I don't know if I can make up a convincing enough lie to trick them.

After school I excused myself to my friends saying that I needed to finish up a project, I went straight to the café Dragon Heart. The café isn't that well known to people outside of the school as it mostly caters to students. The café looks pretty plain overall without anything to mark it unique from other cafés if you don't look at the sign at the front saying "DRAGON HEART" café. When I went in I order a plain cappuccino and sat down at the most isolated spot I could find. 

I didn't have to wait long for Cecil to arrive, just enough time to finish writing down the questions I want to ask him down on my note pad. He was wearing very plain clothes, but I can't judge him as I didn't dress up that much for this meeting either. 

"So are you ready to tell me what all the stalking was about?"

Was the first thing he asked me when he sat down in front of me, this caused me to frown. "It's not like I wanted to follow you, it was just that you were my only lead to why the sun, and recently the moon had turned into giant eyes." Was what I wanted to say but I decided that it was best not to try to provoke him and risk him just getting up and leaving. "Yes I am, and I hope that this meeting will clear up the question we both have." Was what I finally decided to say.

"OK," he nodded. " Go ahead I'm not really in a rush to do anything and if answering your questions can give me peace of mind that no one is following me then go ahead." He replied with very little emotions while looking at Kiriana straight in the eyes.

I couldn't tell if he was happy to be here or if he hated my guts, this guy was just so hard to read. His expression rarely changes, he just looks tired all the time. But if he says he is fine with answering my questions then it's fine. "OK first when did you start seeing the eye in the sky?" 

"The same day you started to stalk me."

"Really? Then what did you do or think when you first saw it?" We just started and his answers already got me interested, I almost forgot to write done his answer. Yes, he could be lying but from what I can get from his character he doesn't seem to a person who lies a lot. But that got me thinking, he wasn't really acting out of character that day. When I first saw the eye it was very hard to convince people that I was OK while internally panicking about the sun being replaced with a giant eye.

"Well I panicked, what else would anyone do in my situation. When one day I woke up and when I looked outside the sun replaced was with a giant eye."

"Well, what did you do afterward?"

"I went to school, I really didn't want to deal with it and my parents where already at work before I could ask them about the eye. And when I got home I decided that it would be a massive pain to tell them."

"So you're telling me you just went to school and just lived life normally while having a giant eye staring at you?" I blurted at, I didn't mean to say that but I just couldn't believe what I heard. It took me a whole month to just act like everything is normal, while this guy just shrugged it off and continued his day?

"Well, yea what else would I do?"

"I don't know maybe try to find out what is happening!" I don't know if it was the lack of sleep or the recent stress but I couldn't help myself from screaming what was on my mind. It's times like these that I'm glad that people seem to just ignore us, the only few times I'm glad to have these weird things are happening to me. 

"Why would I do that? That would risk me finding something I might not want to know, like finding out that I am crazy and all this is all in my mind." It was all I got from him.

"Haaaa" I couldn't stop the sigh from leaving my mouth. "OK OK, you got me there." I just couldn't deal with this kind of thinking right now. "Well did you at least tell your parents about what you're experiencing?" I know I'm not in the position to ask this as my parents are still in the dark about this, but I just need to hear what other people in the same situation as me would do.

"No, I didn't, I rather not have them force me to go with them to there workplace and check to see if I'm crazy or not."

"What do you mean, force you to go with them to their workplace? Do they work at the mental intuition downtown?" 

"Yea, and I rather not give them more work then they need too, they already have their hands full trying to help the patients they already have. The last thing they need is their son needing to be looked after too."

I was surprised to hear him saying anything about himself, he always seems like a person who doesn't like talking about themselves. "OK well I think I asked enough questions, for now, I think it's only fair to give you a turn asking questions. With us taking turns we both can get the answers we want."

He didn't respond for a few minutes, I started to worry maybe I said something to upset him. He just sat there staring at me with tired eyes, I couldn't figure out what he might be thinking. Thankfully after only 4 minutes, he tilted his head a bit then nodded, and what he finally said left me shocked. 

"OK so have you ever controlled the eye before, and if so how do you make sure that it doesn't happen again?" 

 

5