Chapter 16: The goal is in sight, but can you trust what you see?
65 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thoughts, "Dialogue", Vvpjlz

A few days later...

Kiriana Pov

Its been a few days since the two cloaked figures started investing around the school for us, I had to be extra careful about not being found. During the past days, I've been conflicted about if I should reveal myself, if I should confront green first, or if I should try to get the information while still making sure my presence isn't known. After thinking about it, I concluded that it will be better to confront the cloaked figures first. As I doubt I will get much information by myself and I also doubt that I will be able to stay hidden for that much longer. And besides, if I confront the cloaked figures I will have an easier time approaching green afterward.

Today is Friday the best day to confront the cloaked figures, I've been keeping an eye on they seeing where they will pop up. It wasn't that hard as they didn't even try to stay hidden, but despite that, no one paid any attention to them. I figured that they must have used cloaked in a way that normal people can't see them and stayed out in the open to try to get a reaction from us. It took everything I got to make it look like I didn't see them every time I walked past them. I noticed that every day at the end of classes they go behind the school to talk, I couldn't follow them as it will immediately tell them that I can see them. However, today is different today I will confront them and see if we can discuss some things. At the end of classes as I walk to the location that the cloaked figures will be I thought about the discussion I had with Cecil yesterday.

-FlashBack-

A couple of days ago she told Cecil about the basic info about the cloaked figures like how they will around the school looking for them. However, she never got the chance to tell him about the situation more in-depth until today. So who Kiriana is lying in her bed while using her phone, explained to him in more detail everything she heard from the cloaked figures. she also told him about her plan to confront the cloaked figures and asked him about his thoughts on the plan.

"I think that no matter what I say you will approach them either way, but if you really want my option. I think that the risk of approaching them outweighs the potential reward you might get." -Yawn- "But I doubt that will deter you from approaching them, so all I can say is that you should only carry on with your plan after you are prepared for the possible aftermath that might happen"

"I will keep that in mind, I greatly appreciate your input on the subject," she was about to end the call when she remembered the other topic she wanted to discuss with him. "Oh yea, I almost forgot. Do you want to come with me when I meet them?"

"No, not really. I rather not get involved with all this eye and chosen stuff, if I had a choice I rather just ignore all this. So if you ever found a way to be un-chosen then I would appreciate it if you can tell me."

"Yea I will do that, well thank you for everything so far, wish me luck."

"Yea good luck."

-End of Flashback-

When I finished reminiscing about yesterday's conversation I finally noticed the two figures that are in front of me. Even though I call them cloaked figures, they never wore any cloaks the whole time they are near the school. From what I can remember they are trying to recruit us, so I figured that they have the common sense to know that people would have a hard time trusting someone who wears a cloak and covers their face. At this point, they have noticed me. They just stood there staring at me, properly wondering if I just wandered here by coincidence. I was finally able to get a good look at the two. The woman looked to be in her late 20's, her blond hair stops at her shoulders. She looks to be above average in height. She is wearing a black business suit with a tie. The man also looks like he is in his late 20's, he is only a bit shorter than the woman. His messy chestnut hair gives him a lazy vibe, he is also wearing a black business suit, however, his tie is loose and crooked. 

Thinking that I spent enough time just staring at the two, I finally built enough courage to say something. "Hello," I truly hated myself for only being able to say one word before my mind went completely blank. Sensing my troubles or just finding the silence too awkward to endure, the women with a warm smile greeted me.

"Hello."

Sofia Pov

"Hello," Despite how calm she looks her mind is in disarray. Alex and I have been investigating at and around the school looking for the two chosens. Even though they haven't made much progress they just assumed that they might be avoiding them. It made quite an amount of sense to them as they doubt anyone would approach two mysterious people who just suddenly appeared at their school, especially if it seems like that no one other then they can see them.  So it caught the both of them off guard to see some approach them this early on. Sofia was more surprised than anything, and Alex was very suspicious of the teen in front of them.

"Is there something you want from us?" Sofia finally managed to say after calming down a bit. She has been staying in contact with Claire and she has confirmed that the other two chosens are indeed going to this school. Because of that, she can't calm down until she can confirm if the person in front of them is one of Iris's chosen or not. 

"I want to talk to you two about being a chosen and about the eye," even though the teen sounded confident. Her shaky legs and rough breathing reveals how she truly feels right now.

"Who are you and how do you know about those things?" Alex decided to take the lead on this, while I decided to just listen for now.

"My name is Kiriana Le, I'm a student from this school. I can see the eye in the sky and I know about the chosen because I overheard you two talk about it with green."

"Kiriana, that name sound very familiar. It must be the name of a notable student we found during our investigation. I should look back at my notes when I have the chance." I thought as I continued to listen to the conversation the other two are having.

"Green?"

"Yes green the other chosen with green eyes."

"She must be talking about Claire." I glance at Alex to see if had lied at all during the conversation. He just shook his head to indicate that she was telling the truth this whole time. That means she truly is one of Iris's chosen. Even though I have many questions to ask of her I think that there are better places to ask them. So I cut into the conversation the two where having. "Well, it seems like you have many questions to ask of us. And we have many things we would like you to hear from you. So how about we go somewhere we can have a chat in peace. I doubt the back of a school is the best environment for a calming discussion. So how about it?"

The girl stood there in silence bitting the bottom of her lips. It didn't take long for her to make a decision. "My parents won't be home right now so we can talk there." I was shocked for the seconded time today, never in my wildest dream would I have imagined something like this would happen today.

"Why do you want to talk at your house?" Understandable Alex was quite suspicious about going to a stranger's house.

"I feel the most at ease at my house. You two also don't have anything to worry about there. There shouldn't anything there that can raise any suspicion. So think of it as proof of the trust I have for the both of you."

"And you are fine to let strangers into your house?"

"Well I'm not 100% sure if I should do it, but my gut feeling is saying that it's ok. From what I can understand you two will try to recruit me for something, so I doubt you two will try to do something that can harm or upset me." 

I look at Alex to see what he thinks, he just nodded at me. This means that he is ok with going to her house for our discussion, it also means that she didn't was telling the truth this whole time. "Ok we're fine with going to your house for our talk, so lead the way."

She nodded and started to walk with both of us closely behind.

This is a test.
  • Ok. Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Test for what? Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Lame. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Life Is A Highway. Votes: 2 28.6%
  • DO NOT PICK THIS! Votes: 1 14.3%
Total voters: 7
3