Chapter 17: Seeing eye to eye.
57 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thoughts, "Dialogue", Vvpjlz

Sofia's Pov

Sofia wasn't sure what she should be feeling right now. She is currently waiting in the living room of one of Iris's chosen she is supposed to find and recruit. She doesn't know if she should feel glad that the person she is supposed to find made her job easier by approaching her and asking if they should talk. Or if she should feel suspicious that this is going to well. "However, the fact that she wasn't lying when she said that she just wants to talk and isn't planning any harm to either Alex and I does ease my mind a bit."

"Here's your coffee," Kiriana places a teacup full of black coffee on the table in front of Alex and Sofia.

"Thank you." I thanked Kiriana and took a sip of the drink. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted, it is many times better than any I can make.

"Yea thank you." Alex also seems to appreciate the drink, however when I stole a glance at him his face was a little scrunched up. I giggled at the reaction as I know how much he hates bitter things, and usually put several spoons of sugar in his mourning coffee.

"Your welcome," Oblivious to how Alex is feeling, Kiriana sits down with a cup in hand and a proud smile on her face. 

"Ok, why don't you start. How about telling us all when you started seeing the eye, your experience during your time being able to see it, and what you want to do now."  I started completely ignoring Alex who is trying to finish his drink while looking like he enjoys it. I am proud that he isn't just plain up throwing his drink out the window. I remember when we first started working together I had to scold him quite a bit for his manors in front of people we are trying to recruit. He has come quite far, from being a rude distrusting teen to being a strong respectable young man.

Kiriana explained how one day the eye turned into an eye one day, how panicked she was but tried to hide it so that she doesn't make her friends or family worry. At first, she just drew pictures of the sight and showed it to others to see if other people could see the eye. She gave up after finding no results and explained to others that the image of an eye in the sky just came to her in a dream. She then explained how she spent the next few weeks trying to find any clues she can get about the eye. That after few mishaps when exploring around the city accidentally used misdirect or cloak as she calls it. When she almost got caught in an area that she wasn't supposed to be.

She then told us that like how she accidentally used misdirect, she accidentally used sky sight or sky eye as she calls it while she was in bed one day. She then said that the reason why she knew we were in the city was that one day while experimenting with sky sight she saw us in our cloaks running around the city looking like we were searching for something. It was also then she noticed that the eye in the sky turned green, she figured that it wasn't a coincidence that the eye turned green the same day she saw cloaked figures running around the city. So she chose to try to say hidden and see how things turn out while trying to find people who might have the same powers as she does. 

One day she figured out that the eye turns green when it isn't looking at her so she figured that like how it looks at her when it's iris is red. It must be looking at someone else when it's iris turns green. That is when she decided to look for green, which Alex and I know to be Claire. She finished by telling us that she overheard us talking with Claire at the cafè and that after taking a couple of days to think about if she should approach us. She at the end decided that the best way to learn more about chosen and other things is to talk to us. The fact that she doesn't know about the hidden world and other details we discussed with Claire means she overheard our second meeting with Claire.

"Thank you for telling us about your experience, so I hope I don't sound too rude if I ask you why you would want to learn more about the eye?" (Sofia)

"I don't have any complex reasons why I want to learn more about the mysteries of the eye. I just think that there must be a reason why I was chosen, and I want to find out why." (Kiriana)

"Ooh, well what if I tell you that it might be near impossible to find the answer you are searching for?"

"I know that I might sound silly by saying this but the fact that it's not impossible means that I still have a chance, and as long as I have a chance I feel that I should at least try."

I glance at Alex who at this point finished drinking half of his drink. He noticed my glance and just tapped his cup once, indicating that she is telling the truth. "Very well, Kiriana I will give you the same deal as we gave Claire."

"Is Claire green?"

"Yea Claire is green, and we will be giving the same deal we gave her. But first, we will need to tell you some things." I then spent the next couple of minutes explaining to Kiriana about the hidden world and the chosens. I told her the same things that I told Claire when we first met. Then I told her the details of our deal. "So how about it will you be willing to join us?" I offered as I stretched my hand out.

Her eyes brighten up and sparkled as she grabbed my hand and shook it. "Yes I will gladly join," she said with a wide smile.  

I smiled back to her. "I'm glad to hear that. Well, I think that we should be going, we wouldn't want to be a bother to you for too long. We also need to continue our search for the two chosen."

"Last two?" (Kiriana)

"Yea, we confirmed with Claire that there is three of Iris's chosen in the city already. Claire is green, and you're red, which leaves blue. Would you have any idea who blue might be?"

"Sorry I don't but I will tell you when I can."

I nodded, "Well thank you I will contact you when we can discuss again. You can also contact us if you're in trouble or have any questions." We then exchanged contact information with her. We then left and headed to the hotel that we are staying at. 

"So did she lie at any point?" I inquired as I sat on the bed.

"Yes, she lied twice, the first time she lied when she said that she learned sky sight by herself by accident. The other time is when she said that she doesn't know who you call blue is, however, she was telling the truth when she said that she will tell us who blue is when she can." He answered as she started to lie down on his bed.

"Interesting that means that she knows who blue is but can't tell us. Do you think she is being threatened not to tell us?" (Sofia)

"No, I doubt that I think that it's just that she knows who blue was asked not to reveal who they are." (Alex)

"Yea that does seem more likely. She must have found blue first and stayed in touch with them this whole time. Well, it's not like we can force her to tell us. All we can do is continue to look for them at school."

Alex who had his eyes close suddenly shot up from his bed, "wait a minute!"

"What is it?" I was quite startled by his sudden burst of movement.

"If Kiriana knows who blue is there might be a chance we can find who it is if we look at our records of her."

"Oh, yea I almost forgot I wanted to check her records when we came back." Afterward, we spent the next two hours searching through the information we had gathered during the last few days of our search. When we finished we gathered everything we had on Kiriana and the people she is close to, together we took a closer look at what we have on her.

Test part 2
  • Again test for what? Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How many will there be? Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Life Is A Highway. Votes: 1 20.0%
  • This is so stupid. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I see what your doing ;) Votes: 1 20.0%
Total voters: 5
2