Side Story 1: View from a new yet familiar side.
60 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry for the late chapter, some stuff happened that made it hard for me to write. Don't worry it shouldn't last any longer. So I hope you enjoy the chapter I finally managed to complete. Also, don't worry we will get back to the main story soon.

P.s Thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciated it.

Thoughts, "Dialogue", Vvpjlz

 4 days later- Saturday

A pale teen wearing an orange hoodie, with a black backpack can be seen waiting outside a fairy average looking two-story house. He didn't have to wait for long soon after the front door opened to reveal a tan teen wearing a white t-shirt. He had a bright smile as he signalled for the pale teen to enter, which he gladly did. 

Jacob Pov

-Jacob's thoughts-

Usually, if we had any time to spare during the weekend Josh, Cecil, and I would arrange to hang out. Either we would some tennis at the gym downtown, play some video games at my house, or go to the arcade a couple of blocks away.  We would just hang out and have fun as friends like how we were doing it for the past couple of years. 

However ever since Josh and I started going out and decided to hide it from others, especially from Cecil. Things have become more complicated than we originally thought it would. We aren't hiding the fact we are going out because we are afraid of what other people would think about it. We couldn't care any less about what other people think about our relationship, and the people we do care about are pretty accepting of these kinds of things. Why should we care about the options of strangers who have nothing better to do with their time but to find fault with other people? 

Of course, we didn't hide our relationship from everyone we know. We did tell our parents as we both thought that they are accepting enough to allow us to go out with each other. That didn't mean we weren't nervous when it did come time to tell them, which made it more relieving when we both heard that our parents were ok with our relationship.

Well, my mom was a little sad that she wouldn't be having any grandkids. Even though I thought that it's was a bit too early to think about these kinds of things no matter what kind of relationship someone is in. And even voiced my thoughts to her, she just said that it's never too early to prepare.

Well, it only took Josh saying that after we get married we could always adopt so she doesn't have to worry about not having grandkids. Which immediately cheered my mother up, however, I was left feeling very conflicted afterwards. I was happy that my parents liked Josh but what he just implied got my face to flush red pretty quickly. 

However, in the end, the main cause of my headache is Cecil and the secret we are keeping from him.

-Current time-

Josh and I are currently doing our homework on the table in his kitchen. We have been trying to do our homework for the past hour half, emphasis on trying. We kept getting sidetrack, and the occasional flirting we would do didn't help us finish our homework any faster. 

-Sigh- I couldn't hold back the sigh from escaping my mouth as my thoughts started to drift to our current problem.

"What's wrong Jacob? Is there a question you need help with?" Josh inquired as he took the pencil he was chewing on out of his mouth. A habit that I tried to get him to stop on multiple occasions.

"Nah, the homework is pretty easy. It's just that I have no idea what to do with Cecil, I just feel bad leaving him in the dark about us going out." I sighed again, then I took a sip of water to quench my thirst. 

"Yea I want to tell him too, but you know that it would just make things more complicated if we tell him."

"Things are complicated because we are not telling."

"You and I both know what will happen if we do tell him."

"I do, it's just," I sighed for the third time in the past 5 minutes as I tapped my fingers on the table."Just that I feel like that we might be just overthinking this. Even Cecil's parents think that we should just tell him if it's bothering us so much."

Before he could reply, he was interrupted by the ringing of his phone. When he looked at who was calling him he smirked and laughed a little. "Well speak of the devil."

"Is it Cecil?"

"No his parents." He answered the call and put it on the speakers as he put the phone on the table. "Hello."

A female voice answered, "Oh, Josh hello. Sorry for calling you but is Cecil there with you, he wasn't answering his phone. So we thought that he might be at Jacob's house. However, when his parents said that he went to your house we decided to call you."

I decided to cut into the conversation, "Hello miss Rana I'm sorry but Cecil isn't here. He probably just fell asleep while reading again." 

"You're probably right, however, that got me wondering. Don't you three usually hang out during Saturdays? Did something happen between you three?"

"No, it's just that things have been complicated lately."

"Let me guess you haven't told Cecil about the fact that you two are going out, and that you want to tell him but your worried how he might react."

I flinch from how on point she was. The only response I could give was a weak "Yea."

 "You know that he would accept it, it's not like he is against these kinds of relationships. I like to think that I raised him better than that." I could hear how confident she was. I also thought I heard a quiet "we" in the background, however, I chalk it to me hearing things. 

"Yea I know but the last thing we want is him thinking that he is getting in the way and start avoiding us. It's just I want things to stay the same and have time so Josh and I can spend time together. Even though I want to tell him I think that it might complicate our friendship if we do tell him."

"I understand what you're saying, but let me just tell you that these kinds of secrets are bet told early on before any big understanding can happen. And from what I can understand you do want to tell him but you think that it would make things weird between you three. I think that it's better to just talk things out and try to prevent any problems that might pop up before they happen."

"I understand what you're trying to say, it's just I'm still unsure about it."

"Well, what exactly are you waiting for?"

"Well..." There was a moment of silence as I try to figure out how I want to word my answer.

"Well, what?"

Josh spoke up before I could give my answer. "We are hoping for him to figure it out by himself first."

There was another moment of silence before Cecil's mom replied. "That might take awhile you know?"

"Yes, we are aware." (Josh)

"We both think that its the most natural way to do it."

-Sigh- "If you two think its best to wait then I will support your decision.  Just keep in mind what I told you earlier." (Cecil's Mom)

"Yea we will."(Jacob)

"Well that's everything, goodbye and have a great day." (Cecil's Mom)

"Yea you too." Soon after beeping can be heard from the phone indicating that she ended the call. -Sigh- "Let's leave this subject for now and try to finish our homework."

"Yea good idea." Josh quickly agreed as he grabbed his phone and placed it back next to his homework. We then worked on our homework, after we finished we played a bit. I stayed over for dinner when Josh's parents got home. I said goodbye to Josh and his parents and started to walk home around early evening. 

Cecil's Mom Pov

Right after she ended the call with Josh and Jacob.

Both Cecil's Mom and Dad are driving home after getting off work early. 

"Sheesh, these kids can overthink things. I don't remember overthinking things that much when I was their age." I complained as I scratched my head in confusion.

"Hahaha, well we didn't exactly have the most simple lives back then either. These kinds of things can be confusing, especially for kids their age." My husband happily said, seemly finding joy in my confusion.

It kind of irritated me when I thought back to when we were younger. "Hppm, it's your fault that they have to trouble themselves so much with this."

"Wait how?!"

"Cecil inherited his thick head from you."

"I wasn't that dense when I was younger."

"You couldn't tell if someone had a crush on you until they said to your face. And even then you might still not understand."

"Hey! I figured out your feelings didn't I?"

"Only after years of me trying to get your attention. I even had to compete with other girls. I was lucky that you were just as dense to their advancements then you were to mine."

"When are you going to let that go?"

"When I know for sure that Cecil doesn't suffer the same condition as you did."

They spent the rest of the drive reminiscing about their high school days. And other events that happened when they were younger, happily basking in the nostalgia of their memories. 

Do you like side stories? Breaks from the main story? (Not part of the test)
  • Yes (Please explain in the comments below.) Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No (Please explain in the comments below.) Votes: 1 33.3%
Total voters: 3
2