Chapter 19: Finding blue, hiding in plain sight.
50 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the not uploading lately, life has been kinda hard lately. I will try to upload faster than I have been lately. 

P.S I was supposed to upload this yesterday, but because I like to write so late at night I kinda hell asleep while writing this.

Thoughts, "Dialogue", Vvpjlz

-Monday-

Claire Pov

During the last couple of days I been working with Sofia and Alex to find the third chosen. So far we haven't made that much progress, and any clues I can get from the eye didn't make things any easier.

Most of the time it turns blue is when I was at school, which only confirms that "Blue" goes to this school. The other times are when I'm at home, so all I could do is tell Sofia and Alex the general direction they should look. There were many occasions where they asked if I can go with them to make the search easier. I had to decline every time they ask, I didn't want my parents to walk into my room and find that I was missing. I also couldn't just tell them that I was going to hang out with some of my friends as they know their parent's phone number. My parents were always strict with who I can hang out with.

These past few days weren't only spent searching for "blue". I was also introduced to Kiriana, Iris's red-eye chosen. The only thing I knew of her beforehand was her art skills being well known and various rumours about her.

We mostly spent our time together chatting about various things, and practicing sky sight or misdirect. Kiriana was kind enough to help me with practicing sky sight as she was well-practiced in using it. I'm not going to lie the first time I used sky sight might have been the most exhilarating thing I did in ages. Even after I have used it dozens of time I still feel this thrill that just makes me want to never stop using it.

When I asked how Kiriana if she feels the same way when she uses sky sight. She told me that what she feels isn't an overwhelming thrill but an overwhelming sense of beauty in the sight. Which I kinda can agree with, the city from the sky is quite a breathtaking sight, especially during the night. 

I got to learn a lot about Kiriana during these past few days. Like how we both share similar reasons for why we want to learn more about the hidden world. While we both are interested in the hidden world, she is interested in the concept of it. While I'm more interested in the mystery and what I can learn from it.

I also learned during these past days that Kiriana knows who "Blue" is. Of course, she didn't tell me, it wasn't the hardest thing to figure out. The ways she acted during our searches, and how vague she can be when answering questions about "Blue's" location told me everything.

When I told what I found to Sofia she said that she already knew that Kiriana knew who "Blue" is. She also told me her theory on why she might be hiding "Blue". As for me, I think that it's more likely that she is "Blue's" friend and that she is hiding them because they asked her to do it. So I can't fault her for trying to hide "Blue" if that's truly the case.

Well, it's not like she is actively trying to prevent us from finding "Blue" so I think it's alright to just leave her be. Sofia seems to share the same option as me in this. Because she told me that I should just continue to find "Blue" as I have been.

I thought that today would be the same as the last few days. I would try to help Sofia and Alex find "Blue" while going with my day like usual, maybe have a chat with Kiriana about sky sight or misdirect. However today something quite interesting happened. 

I was walking home from school when I glanced at the eye, a habit I recently developed during my time looking for "Blue". Usually, it would be red or green around this time. However when I looked up it was blue, I was so shocked by the sight that I froze where I was standing. Good thing that I was proficient enough to have casted misdirect so quickly, or I would have to risk people getting mad at me for suddenly stopping in the middle of the sideway.

At first, I just stood still trying to think of what I should do. Should I call Sofia or should I try to find "Blue" first? It didn't take long for me to decided to find "Blue" first as I could always contact Sofia after I confirmed, "Blue's" location.

I quickly ran towards the directions that the eye is looking at. After a few minutes of running, I finally found arrived at the location that the eye is looking at.  I arrived at a local book store called New World, it looked like a place that is run by a family for generations.

I waited outside the book store while making sure that I'm well hidden from the view of the store. I waited there for 25 minutes, watching people enter and leave. But none of them caused the eye to move even an inch, and when I started to think that it might be faster to just enter someone interesting left the store. 

A guy who looks around my age wearing a plain black shirt and blue jeans, left the store carrying what looks like 10 books in his arms. I couldn't get a good look at him, however, I knew that he was "Blue". Because as he walked away from the store, the eye's gaze started to follow him. 

I knew that he isn't affected by misdirect so I had to be very careful. I decided my best bet was to follow him while acting that I'm just going in the same direction as him by coincidence. I even stopped using misdirect just to be safe.

I followed him to his house, of course, I kept walking when he entered his house. I did make sure to memorize his address so I can tell Sofia later. When I was far enough away from his house, and I felt like it was safe enough I cast misdirect again. 

When I got home I immediately called Soifa and told her what I found. She asked me quite a lot of questions about what he looks like, but I wasn't able to tell her much as I couldn't get a good look at him. When I finished I was happy that soon I will be able to learn more about the hidden world, I still remember what she told me after she introduced me to Kiriana.

She said that because of our special circumstance of being Irir's chosen. We aren't fully integrated into the hidden world, as we don't start producing enough mana to see stuff from the hidden world until all four of Irir's chosen are togeather. So if Sofia manages to recruit "Blue" then all I need to do is wait until the last of Iris's chosen "Grey" appears. With that thought, I walked to my room while humming a happy tune(I was so glad that I had misdirect on or my parents would have been very confused when I just ran home, pulled out my phone and called someone. Then just randomly started to hum, I later berated myself for forgetting that my parents would be home.

Sofia's Pov

"So who was it?" Alex inquired while eating a plate of spaghetti. 

"It was Claire, it seems like she might have found "Blue"," I answer while taking a sip of my wine.

"Really!?" I had to stop my drink from spilling when he just suddenly yelled.

"Yea, she even told me where he might live."

"It's a he?"

"Yea, well we can't be 100% sure that it's truly "Blue" until we go and investigate our selves."

"Yea, so let's start tomorrow morning. The faster we do this the better."

"You just want to reunite with your sister as soon as possible." I teased him with a sly smile."

"Who knows what kinds of trouble she might be in. I can't risk her getting hurt while I'm gone." 

Sadly he wasn't able to pick up on my teasing. I couldn't help but sigh as I continue my dinner. Knowing that soon we will be done with this mission. And hopefully, nothing happens that might hamper it. 

Should I make a chapter that has all the abilities that appeared so far? So if you forget what it does or who has it you can more easily find out? I ask because I fear that people might forget because of my slow upload rate. What do you guys think? Answer in the comments below or vote in the poll.

 

Should I make a ability chapter? (Not part of the test.)
  • Yes Votes: 2 66.7%
  • NO Votes: 1 33.3%
Total voters: 3
2