Side Story 2: A glimpse of an invisible world.
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thoughts, "Dialogue", Vvpjlz

A green jeep is being chased by a large black bear with spider through a dense jungle. The bear's legs resemble that of a spider, its 6 eyes are lifeless, and its fur is devouring any light that comes near it. There are holes scatters across its body and legs.

So even though the sun is quite high up in the sky, there is little to no light around it or jeep. 

Inside the jeep are 3 people, a teen girl with brown messy hair at the back. A big buff tan man who's covered blood and guts. And a dark skin woman whose eye seems to glow in the dark, both were sitting in the front of the jeep.

Despite the situation they are in, the teen girl is happily chatting with someone on a phone. The man bobbing his head to the beat of the music coming out of the jeep's speakers. And the woman is eating big chunks from what looks to be a lion leg.

"Yea, yea I know. You don't have to tell me every time you call. I'm old enough to know not to talk to random strangers, and I'm not dumb enough to be lured by them with candy." This continued for another 5 minutes before their chat came to a close.

"Ok, tell Sofia that I said hi too. Yea I love you too, I can't wait to see you again big bro." The teen ended the call before letting out a deep sigh. "Sheesh, big bro sure can be overprotective. He knows that I'm not a kid anymore, at this rate he will be too busy worrying about me to notice Sofia's feelings."

"Don't worry Eve, I'm sure that he will realize that your strong enough to take care of yourself when we finish this mission. Also, Hugo your about to run into a tree. " Said the woman as she took another bite on the leg.

Hugo nodded and swerves the jeep just in time to avoid the tree. 

Eve put her phone on her lap and grabbed an assault rifle next to her. The rifle has glowing blue lines running along its sides, that glows brighter as she holds it.

"Finally got enough mana to finish this bastard off."

"Just be careful not to use too much, the last thing we need now is you collapsing on us." (Woman)

"Yea, Amber I know," The moment she used her ability, she felt her mana drain from her body, at the same time she felt her brain heat up. As new information flowed into her brain, while her body adjusted to follow what the new information she gained. 

When she pulled the trigger the blue lines flashed red, as bullets flew out the muzzle. Even though she felt the recoil of the shot, there was no flash or sound coming from the rifle.

And despite the fact she couldn't see the creature, 6 bullets accurately pierced through the eyes of the beast. Killing it, which brought back the light in the area. When they noticed that there was light again they knew that Eve had ended its life. 

Hugo stopped the jeep and all three of them hopped off. They all walked towards the corps of the beast.

Eve stared at this beast, wincing at the pain that feels like she had dunked her brain in boiling water. Amber had to give her a shoulder to lean on as she tries to calm her breathing.

"You ok?" (Anber)

"Yea, I told you before the drawback of my ability can be quite painful. -Sigh- That annoying power it had forced me to use more mana than I wanted too." 

Hugo nodded, "This marks the end of this mission. All we need to do now is carry the body back to the base, then we can finally rest." Hugo grabbed the beast's corpse and swung it onto his shoulders.

"Let's go." He gestured to them as he walked back to the jeep.

They drove back with the beast's corpse at the back, while Eve sat on Ambers's lap. Hugo continued to listen to his music, Eve started to polish her assault rifle, while Amber who had to refrain from eating with Eve on her lap, so she decided to just play with Eve's hair. 

After an hour of driving, they finally arrived back to the base. While Hugo carried the corpse to the lap so that their researchers can study it. Amber left to take a shower to wash off all the dry blood of her. And Eve went straight to the communication room to report back to her boss.

The communication room walls are covered in screens, each monitoring an area in the jungle. The room has 10 people who are working on monitoring the area, they can also be seen chatting with other teams on missions.

Eve walked straight to the main monitor and called her boss. After a few seconds, her boss picked up and a woman with short blond hair who looks to be in her mid 30 appeared on the screen.

"Hello, Eve" Her boss greeted with a soft smile. "From what I can see, you must have successfully hunted the night bear."

Eve saluted, "Yes Madam, with the help of Amber and Hugo I managed to hunt down the night bear that was killing the other teams."

Her boss had a dissatisfied look, "EVE I told you just call me by my name. How many times do I have to tell you that you don't need to be so formal around me."

"But it's kinda embarrassing to call you by your name."

"Eve you know I don't care about these kinds of things, you even the only one who talks to me so formally anyways."

"Uh, well, you see-"

"Also think of it like this, I might be your sister in law in the future. So think of this as practice for that, you can't call you sister in law madam."

"Urg, fine ok. So, Eileen, I've come to report about the mission."

A bright smile bloomed on Eileen's face, "Ok, so what's the status on the mission?"

"We couldn't find anything that could tell us how the night bear got here. If I have to guess it must have been released in this area to hinder our search for any relics.

"Hmm, I was thinking the same thing, but the question is who did it? We are not short on people might want to sabotage us, so we can't be sure who did it right now."

"Maybe Mia can help us find out who did it?"

Eileen shook her head, "She is still recovering from last week's attack."

"Attack?! What happened? Is everyone alright?"

"Yea, you don't have to worry about it. Puppet show attack the base she was at, no one died but many go injured. They also escaped before we could respond to the attack."

"Why did they attack, what was their motive?"

"We're still not sure, they didn't steal anything or caused any major damage."

"That's odd, so they just attacked them for no reason?"

"We still can't be sure for now. How about you Eve, I heard that your planning to return to the main base with Amber and Hugo soon."

"Yea, big bro said that he is almost done with his mission. So I thought I should be there to greet him when he's done."

Eileen nodded, "Ok well see you soon, have a safe trip back."

"Yea I will, bye see you soon," Eve replied as she ended the call.

 

I'm sad to announce that my upload rate might slow down due to school. So I apologize in advance for the slow uploads, but I will still try to upload a min of 1 chapter a week. So I hope you enjoy today's chapter :)

Test ERROR
  • 3 Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 2 Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2 · This poll was closed on Sep 14, 2019 05:00 AM.
1