Chapter 10: New view, for many people.
70 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thoughts, "Dialogue", Vvpjlz

Kiriana Pov

Before I Knew it my sight was filled with bright lights and flashing colors. It took a while for me to finally understand what I was seeing. The city, and not just any city but my city, Luna. It was such an odd feeling to see the city from up such high up, the people look so small yet I can still easily see them. I can even see the hands move on someone's watch, or someone blink, the smallest details are just so easy to see. This was just so weird, yet so feels so empowering, like no one can hide anything from me. 

After my little power trip, I finally managed to get a hold of myself, and started to experiment with this "ability". The first thing I noticed was that there was no sound, even though I can see even the smallest of details I can't even hear what is supposed to be the noise of heavy traffic. I can see how Cecil could have missed this, with all the new information that is bombarding me through my sight that you can easily miss the fact that your other senses seem to be missing. Well, missing isn't really the right word to use, it's not that I can't feel, smell, or hear anything. It's that what I'm experiencing doesn't match what I am seeing. I can feel the warmth of my bed and blanket not the cold air of the sky, I can smell of paint not the smog of the cars below. It seems like my other senses are weakened as the sensation I should be typically experiencing from my other senses are a bit dulled. Well, I can't really hear anything right now but I think that's because my room is currently very silent right now, well if I focus I can faintly hear the ticking of the clock in my room.

After roughly 30 minutes of experimenting with the "ability"1The reasons why there is " " over some words is because the person is still not 100% what to call it. I decided that I had enough so I tried to chancel the "ability", but before I was able to try an idea popped into my mind. What do I look like while using this "ability", and if I look at myself would it forcefully chancel it? So I tried just that, I moved my gaze towards my house until I was able to see it. Thankfully I left the window in my room open or I won't be able to test this experiment out. Before I was able to zoom my gaze into my window I saw my dad getting out of his grey car and entering the house, I shook my head(mentally not physically) to get myself back on track. 

When I peeked into my room window I saw myself lying in bed with my eyes close, if I didn't know better I would have thought I was sleeping. I also peek at my alarm clock to see how long I was using this "ability, it was 8:12 PM so I was using it for about 37 minutes. Afterward, I tried to return to my body, I tried many things like trying to close my eyes(which just caused my vision to go black), willing the "ability" to deactivate, and many other things. What eventually worked was imagining my room and what I can see in it, then closing and opening my eyes again. When I opened my eyes I was greeted with the sight of my bedroom ceiling. I quickly grabbed my note pad and started to write everything I experienced and learned during the last 30-60 minutes.

When I wrote down everything I wanted to, I laid in my bed ready to go to sleep satisfied that after months of blind searching for any clues about my "abilities", I finally have a lead. I feel like I'm one step closer to finding out what all this eye thing is all about. I glance at the drawing of Cecil on my wall. He may be a bit weird and a little too emotionless but if it wasn't for him I would still be a square one of this mystery, having no leads at all. 

"Well I guess the next thing to do is figure out why Cecil and I gain these "abilities", and if there is a reason we were given it I have to figure out why. I also have to figure out what Cecil and I have in common, we both can't have gained the same "abilities"  from out of nowhere. We must have something in common, but I will bother figuring that out tomorrow. " I thought as I drifted to sleep.

Cecil Pov

After getting home after separating from Jacob and Josh I found my parents at home eating dinner. 

"Heya Cecil your later than usual, you're usually at home before us?" My dad asked as he ate a chicken leg.

"Well there was a café near my school and I was curious about it. Maybe it would be a good place to read during my weekends after I finish going to the gym. So I decided to check it out." I replied, lying through my teeth. My dad seemed a bit doubtful about my answer for a bit but eventually nodded, after seeing the coffee in my hand he seemed to have bought my lie.

"Well, how was it?" My mom joined in.

"Well, it was nice and quiet, and the coffee it good there. Also, students get 15% off on any coffee order." (Cecil)

"Well, that's nice." (Dad)

"Yea and if you like it then maybe I should try out the coffee there." (Mom)

"Yea you should," I replied as I sat down on the table and started to eat the plate of chicken and rice my mom handed me. Afterward, I went to my room to finish my homework. During the middle of doing my homework, I got a call from Kiriana asking me questions about my experience. After I answered all the questions she had she thanked me then handed up, I was kinda happy that she called as it meant that she was investigating this all eye thing and I might soon be free from it all. Well only if she figures out how to stop all this eye thing and return everything back to normal.

When I finished all my homework I looked at my alarm clock and found that it was 7:48 PM. I then grabbed the book I was reading from my backpack and started to read it as I laid in bed. As I read my book I noticed the "moon" with a red iris slowly moving to look around the city. It was a very interesting sight, I stared at it for a few minutes. "Well, I guess she managed to figure out how to get it working, good for her." I nodded my head. "I should ask her if she figured out a way to prevent it from happening to me. Well, I guess it won't be that bad to experience looking at the city from the sky again." Was my last thought before I started to read again.

??? Pov around 1 am 

"Do you know if all the successors were chosen yet." (???)

"I'm not sure if all 4 are chosen yet, but at least one should have been awakened by now." (???-2)

"But how are we supposed to find them if only they can see the eye?"  

"Well, I bet they weren't the calmest person around when they awoke their powers. So just find people who suddenly started to act weirdly or started to say they can see something new."

"Got it."

"Contact me as soon as you find something."

"Yes, see you when I find anything." 

Unbeknownst to the two mysterious people, Cecil and Kiriana. A change started to happen to the eye's iris as it started to blink between black, red, and blue for about an hour, then suddenly it stopped at a dark shade of green. Its gaze landed on a teen who is sitting at a bench in a park. Her green eyes were wide in shock as she witnesses the moon the open like an eye. Revealing a massive eye with a green iris, staring straight at her.

 

5