Chapter 11: The search begins, looking for the four.
60 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thoughts, "Dialogue", Vvpjlz

1 week later...

Kiriana Pov

This past week has been very interesting. 6 days ago the day after I meet Cecil at the cafe, I started practicing using sky eye(I decided to name the "abilities" because I thought it would be more convenient now that I have more than 1) when I got home from school. While using sky eye I noticed that two people were snooping around the city. It was very odd, they were running across buildings and running faster than some cars. Yet like when I use cloak people didn't react to them no matter what they did. So I decided to keep an eye on them to try to find out what they are up too, or what they are trying to find.

After 6 days of keeping tabs on them, I figured out that they are looking for someone from bits and pieces I can piece together from reading their lips when I spied on them. However, I couldn't figure out who they are looking for, or if I should make contact with them or keep myself hidden. So until I can tell if they are going to cause trouble or not I will just keep spying on them while keeping myself hidden from the two. I also decided that I should tell Cecil as this might cause trouble for him. So I called him, and after a few seconds of ringing he picked up.

"Hello"

"Cecil, I have something important to tell you, are you along right now?" I was also keeping an eye on the two cloaked figures with sky eye while talking to Cecil. I have gotten better at using it while multitasking during the last few days.

"Yes, I'm in my room doing my homework. What do you want to talk about?"

I explained to him what I saw during the last few days, how I think that they might be connected to the eye in the sky or at least related to something similar to it. I also told him that they seemed to be looking for someone and that he should be careful while he is in public. There was a moment of silence before he replied to my warning. 

"Ok, I will be careful. Also, I think that using the wei-"

"Sky eye." 

"What?"

"Sky eye that's what I decided to call it because we know we have at least 2 abilities we should call them by a name for more convenience." After another moment of silence, he replied with a simple ok then continued with what he was saying.

"I think you should be careful while using sky eye and..."

"Cloak."
"Yes, cloak, you should be careful while using either of them. Also if you find any other abilities you might have you should refrain from experimenting with them. They might be able to track people down who are using these abilities and using them too much might put a target on you." He explained with his usually bored sounding voice, at this point, I have gotten used to it.

"Ok, I will." Then we both said our goodbyes and I hanged up. Afterward, I thought about what he said, he has a point. They might have a way to track down people with abilities and if I'm not careful I might put not only myself but my family at risk too. However, I'm conflicted as sky eye is the only to keep an eye on them. After almost an hour of thinking about the issue over, I decided to refrain using any of the abilities for a couple of weeks. I was a bit bitter about the whole thing as during the past few days I was trying to convince Cecil to use the abilities more, but he always declined, and now it seems it would be harder to get him to do it now. I shook my head, trying to forget about that problem. I started to do my homework to hopefully keep my mind off the topic on the abilities or the cloaked figures. After almost 2 hours of working, I finished so I started to draw in my sketchbook to pass the time. I fell asleep around 1 am after I finished my drawing of one of the cloaked figures. In hindsight drawing the cloaked figure might have been a bad idea but I just wanted a way to keep an eye on at least one of them, and in a sense, I can with my drawing.

??? Pov

There are two people wearing dark blue cloaks with the hoodies down. One of them is a woman in her early 30's with shoulder-length blond hair and green eyes. The other is a man in his late 20's with brown short messy hair with blue eyes. They both are sitting in a restaurant both eating steak, even though their appearance would usually cause attract some attention from their surroundings. No one is paying any attention to them, only their waiter would occasionally come by and ask if they want anything.

"What do we do now, we still haven't found any of the chosen." The man complained while eating a piece of his steak.

"Calm down Alex we still have time, also if finding the chosen were easy then they wouldn't have sent us." The woman replied trying to calm the man down.

Sigh, "You're right Sofia but are you sure that Mia said that the chosen would be in this city?"

"Yes, I even had her write down the name of the city she thinks they are in, and you know that Mia is never wrong with these kinds of things," Sofia said as she showed Alex the note she had Mia write.

"Your right, but all we have been doing were looking for anyone who acted weirdly during these past months. Can't they just use misdirect so that people wouldn't notice any weird actions?"

"Your right about that but you forgot about the fact that they shouldn't know how to use or even be able to use misdirect until they were chosen. So when the did awaken, unless they are the calmest person alive, they would have showed at least some signs of panicking during the early days of being chosen." Sofia took a sip from her glass of wine. "So we just have to find the people who fit the bill, test them to see if they are the real deal, and then recruit them."

Sigh, "Yea ok, however, I hope that we find them soon I still need to look after my little sister, and I don't like being apart from her for too long."

"Hehe" Sofia smirked. "Of course you can't, you siscon."

"I AM NOT!"

"Yes, you are."

"AM NOT"

This back and forth lasted for a few minutes until Alex got tired of Sofia's teasing and just sat there quietly as he finished his meal. After they both finished, they both half paid the bill. Then they headed to their hotel to rest. They continued their search in the mourning, and like how Alex how hoped they found a person that seems to be a chosen.

5