Chapter 12: Small Peek, all new world
73 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This chapter was supposed to be uploaded yesterday, however, my family suddenly wanted to go strawberry picking. So I went with them, and when I came home I was two tried to finish the chapter. So I apologize for the late upload and shorter chapter.

Thoughts, "Dialogue", Vvpjlz

5 days after finding a potential chosen.

Sofia Pov

"I'm not sure we should approach the chosen yet, we can't be 100% sure if they won't cause any problems if they are introduced to the hidden world," Alex complained as he started to bit his thumbnail.

"Relax Alex, we did a background check and investigated her personality. We also had Mia to use her power to see if she would cause any harm if she learns about her powers. Also, she would eventually find out about the hidden world anyways, so it's in both her and our best interest if we confront her," I explained.

I sigh as we both get ready to confront the chosen. We have been investigating and keeping an eye on her for the last few days. Today is the day he decided to finally confront her, Alex wanted to wait for a few more days but I refused him. We spent longer then we expected we would take to find the first chosen. We both watch the teen with braided brown hair, she is wearing a brown cardigan, a black shirt underneath, and blue jeans. Her emerald green eyes can be seen through her pink round glasses, she is looking through the pictures in her digital camera.

Clair Ashen 16 years old with a love of taking pictures. She is quite liked in her classes, very smart as she is usually in the top 5 in grades in her year. We did lots of research on her to make sure that she wouldn't cause any trouble when she finds out about the hidden world and her powers. We first suspected she was chosen when we heard that she suddenly started to take tons of pictures of the sun and moon while mumbling things like how it doesn't make sense. She also started asking around if people see anything weird in the sky, she only asked her close friends while trying to act normal to everyone else. However, when we followed her and saw how in the middle of the night she would look at the moon then look around her was when we decided that she was a chosen. Even though we can't see the eye, but the way she is acting we come to suspect that she can.

We waited for her to finish school, and when she was alone was when we decide to confront her.

Claire Pov

The last couple of days has been very weird, it all started the night when I saw the moon turn into a giant eye. At first, I thought I was seeing things from lack of sleep so I went home and went to sleep. However, that theory was quickly debunked when I say that where the sun was supposed to be was an eye instead. I panicked, but I forcefully calmed myself down knowing that panicking never makes any situation better. So I tried to act normal while only asking Jessica and a few others some questions to see if I was the only one seeing the sun as an eye. When I went home I researched what I could be going through, could it be a mental illness, illusion, or have maybe I ingested some kind of poison? However, I ended up finding nothing useful that could explain what I am experiencing.

After a couple of days of trying to figure out what happened to the sun and moon something quite interesting presented themselves to me. I was walking home while looking at the pictures I took today. I noticed two people approaching me. A man with messy brown hair wearing a black suit and pants is walking towards me, alongside a blond woman sporting a similar black suit and pants. 

"Hello there, can we have a minute to chat?" The woman had a warm smile as she approached me. I took a small step away from them, they looked very suspicious, however, what the women said next caught my attention. "You don't have to be afraid of us we just want to confirm somethings. Like can you see the sun right now?"

"What do you mean?" I couldn't help myself from asking.

"Well is the sun right now the sun or is it something else to you?"

"Like what?"

"Maybe a giant eye?"

My gaze sharpens as I look at them with suspicion, trying to figure out what they might want and how they know about the eye while everyone else seems to be completely oblivious to it. "What do you want?"

"Ah, quite quick with the punch aren't you? Well, we just want to talk, we also have a proposal, don't worry we won't force you to accept it. Whether you accept the proposal or not can be decided after our chat. So how about it?" Her smile never faltered even once during the whole exchange.

I look at both of them trying to discern what they might have planed, however I know that I don't have the choice to not hear them out.  It was the only way for me to get any answers, even though I don't trust them at all, I also can't get the idea that they are here to help me and not harm me out of my mind. So I could only sigh and nod at her.

"Wonderful, how about you follow me to a place where we can have our chat in a more suitable environment." Afterward, I followed them into a Café, we took a seat near the back. I sat down so that I'm facing the two of them while they face me. 

"Ok, now that we are here what do you want to chat about?" I asked as I set my camera down in front of me on the table.

"Well first I think it's only fair that we answer a few questions you might have first, of course, we won't answer any questions we can't answer." The woman replied. "Oh, I almost forgot to introduce myself, my name is Sofia, and my partner here is called Alexander but people just call him Alex." The man next to her just nodded.

"Uh, you can just call me Claire," I replied not sure how else to reply.

"Ok so do you have any questions you want us to answer first?" 

"Well can you explain to me about the eye, and why it replaced the sun and moon." At first, she nodded as if she knew I would ask that, while the man looks a little more relaxed. 

"Well, I can't tell you everything right now, also to tell you what I can say I need to explain a few things first." I nodded to her to show my understanding. "Ok, so there is another part of the world that normal people can't see. It's full of many things like mythical creatures and people with strange powers."

"Hidden? Like how the wizarding world is hidden to normal people in Harry Potter?" 

She nodded then continued talking, "Yes, however, there is one major difference. In Harry Potter, normal people can be exposed to the wizarding world and even live in it. However, in reality, the hidden world is can't be seen by normal people. Anything in the hidden world would just look like everyday things to them. A battle between two people from the hidden world might just look like a natural disaster like a tornado. People born to the normal world can't see or experience anything from the hidden world. However, there are two exceptions to this rule."

"And one of them implies to me?"

"Yes, you are what we call a chosen. A normal person who was chosen by an entity to be dragged into the hidden world."

5