Chapter 21: The End Of The Search Is In Sight.
52 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thoughts, "Dialogue", Vvpjlz

Alex Pov

We are currently sitting at Cecil's kitchen table watching him eat his cup noodles. After Sofia introduced herself and me to Cecil, Sofia asked if he had time to talk. Cecil just nodded and gestured us to enter.

So here we waiting for Cecil to finish his dinner before we can continue. Well, it wasn't like he asked us to wait, it's just that I doubt we can have any professional conversation if we talked while he ate.

"ahem," Seeing that Cecil finished his dinner Sofia let out a fake cough to get Cecil's attention. "Ok so let begin, let me introduce ourselves again. I'm Sofia and my partner's name is Alex." She announced, gesturing towards me. 

Cecil nodded and responded, "My name is Cecil."

There was a moment of silence as we waited. I wasn't sure what we waited for, it was just that most people say more. I just can't put my finger on it, why does this feel different or maybe odd? We just started so there shouldn't a reason for me to feel anything like this, so why?

"Ahem, so Cecil do you know why we came here?" (Sofia)

"You're here to try to recruit me, am I right?" 

"Yes, and if I may ask where you learned of this?"

"I have a feeling you already know."

We both nodded, we knew that Kiriana knew who "Blue" was. And was trying to stay silent about it. It's not like we are that mad or anything about it. Yes, we are trying to find Iris's chosen but we are also trying to recruit and form a friendly relationship with them too. 

We also can't really blame her for trying to keep a promise to a friend. Well, I can't say that I wasn't annoyed but I know better than too try to force the information out of Kiriana.

Sofia then spent the next couple of minutes giving the same information we gave Claire and Kiriana. We also presented the same deal to him. The whole time I just sat next to her listening to his replies to see if I can catch him lying. 

So far he hadn't lied about anything, and when I was about to think my ability might not activate during this whole conversation. Sofia asked if he had any questions. Cecil's reply was rather interesting.

"Is there a way to be unchosen?"

We both were taken aback by this. It wasn't that the question itself was odd, this isn't the first time that this question popped up. What surprised us was his tone and his expression.

His expression was blank, no more like tired. It's hard to describe the kind of expression he gave us. His is tone was one that people would give when they have to deal with someone they find annoying.

"May I ask why you want to know?"  (Sofia)

"I'm afraid what I might encounter in the hidden world, I'm afraid of what dangers I might have to face." He replied with a tone that wouldn't convince anyone that he was afraid.

Also at the same time, he gave his reply my ability activated.

"I'm afraid what I might encounter in the hidden world, I'm afraid of what dangers I might have to face." (I really don't care if I stay as a chosen or not.) 1" " is what Cecil said, and () is what Alex's ability tells Cecil's true thoughts are.

"WHAT! What does that even mean, he doesn't care?" I'm completely shocked by what my ability told me. "I could guess that he wasn't afraid by looking at him, but for him to just not care is just, just unheard of."

I thought he would be mad, happy, excited, or anything. But to feel nothing about being forced to face unknown danger or being able to see things that a small percentage of people can. It's just absurd, but my ability doesn't lie, hell my ability only works when another lies. 

While Alex was still deep in his thoughts, Sofia managed to recover much faster and continue the discussion. 

"Oh, ok. Well, I'm sorry to tell you that we don't know how to reverse the awakening phenomenon. Many have tried and failed to reverses it, and most ended up losing their lives. So I'm sorry to inform you that you can't return to how you were before." (Sofia)

Cecil just nodded and answered that he understands. Sofia spent the next hour and a half trying to convince Cecil to join the organization and that he would be safe if he does. While I just listen, waiting to see if my ability would activate again.

We finally manage to persuade him after hitting the 2-hour mark. During the whole thing, my ability only activated that one time. 

We then exchanged contact information and told him that we will contact him if we need anything from him. We also told him that if he ever has any questions he could ask us anytime. 

After he saw us out, we headed straight to our hotel.

When I entered the room, I sat down on my bed and cast misdirect on the room. 

"So what're your thoughts on Cecil?" (Alex)

"He's an odd one, during my many years of recruiting people he was the one of the easiest yet at the same time hardest person to recruit."

"I understand what you mean, it was hard to tell what he was thinking. He also didn't cause a ruckus, he was calm the whole time."

"You only signalled that he lied once when he said he was afraid. What were his true thoughts?"

"That he didn't care," There was a moment of silence before Sofia asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what I said, his true thoughts about the hidden world was that he doesn't care at all about it?"

"He wasn't afraid, excited, or even angry that he was forced into the hidden world?"

"No, from what my ability told me he didn't care if he was in the hidden world or not."

"Hmmm, that's quite odd. Then does that mean we don't have to be worried about him abusing his abilities?"

"I can't sure right now, all we can do is wait and see like what we are doing for Claire and Kiriana"

"I guess your right."

I then stood up and took my phone out of my pocket.

"Where're you going?" (Sofia)

"Going to call my little sis to see how she's doing?"

"Didn't you just check up on her yesterday? You know she is old enough to take care of herself. She even goes on her fair share of missions."

"And that's what I'm afraid of. Her ability isn't suited for combat. I need to make sure she is ok."

"Your ability isn't suited for combat either, so I doubt you would be much help if she faces anything truly dangerous. Also, she has the others with her. So you don't have to worry about her safety that much."

"Fine, this would be my last call during the mission."

-Sigh- "Ok, just say hello to her for me then."

"Yea I will." 

I then walked into the hallway and chatted with my wonderful little sister. All in all, it was a great chat.

??? Pov

I big beefy guy wearing a tank top and shorts is sitting on a crate in a warehouse with a small red-haired girl wearing a red dress sitting on his lap.

"You sure that we will found him here?" Asked that beefy guy.

"I'm sure, all you need to do is follow my instructions. If you do, it would make things many times easier." Answered the girl holding a crystal ball that has some words floating in it.

-The one how corrupts would be found in the city called the moon

They would be new, weak, and like a newborn would need to be raised 

But be careful that you're not swallowed by his corruption-

The guy peering over the crystal ball scratched his head in confusion.

"What does that mean?" (Guy)

"I'm not sure myself, but the boss says that we need to find the person that the crystal ball is talking about. He also told me that we can find a person who can help us here."

"Well if you say so."

"yep, yep just do as I say and all will be fine." She giggled, "This would be so much FUN, I can't wait to see who the "One who currupts" is like!"

The big guy and little girl then stood up and walked outside the warehouse. And despite the fact that there where tons of workers at the site, none of them paid any attention to the odd duo.

 

Test part 3
  • 1 Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 2 Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Life Is A Highway Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Is this the last one? Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 3
2