Chapter 5
1.3k 12 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh, hello there Rath. Why did you take so long?"

Greeted William.

"Haaah... it's you who was too fast. And, instead of killing two birds with one stone, what you just did was killing one bird with a stone"

Inaugurath retorted precisely at what just happened.

"Ah...sorry, looking at those monsters who ate my leg and ear made blood rushed into my head"

Realising that she broke her own agreement, William smiled sheepishly while rubbing the corner of her mouth with her left index finger. The demonkins within the cave had their heart skipped for just one moment.

Truth be told, when William was playing Last Imagine 20, his roleplay was so thorough that his guild mates occasionally suspected that it was actually, really, in fact, a completely different person who was playing his female alt-character. He even deliberately made a habit like what was mentioned before this amongst other things.

Thus, came the trophy he got in this world, The Great Pretender.

The problem was, right now he, or rather she, wasn't exactly pretending. His roleplaying ability was borderline MPD before, but due to the Great Pretender's effect which is Existence Shapeshift, it had completely become MPD. Thankfully, this wasn't earth, and he did shapeshift to a different form altogether, so no one could called William crazy.

"Kuhum...I suppose we could do the other thing later once we got back to the hideout"

The vague way Inaugurath said it invited the gazes of the eight other demonkins.

"We should get away from this area and swap back"

Said one of the demonkin from the rescue team.

They all nodded and went out of the cave. While they were talking inside, everyone besides Inaugurath and William weren't surprised that the corpses were gone. 

But the other eight were surprised and William noticed their reaction.

"Rath, have told them about this one fact?"

William sent a rather unclear question to Inaugurath, in which he understood what she meant by that fact.

"Ah yes, I forgot"

It was Inaugurath's blunder this time, William rolled her eyes in annoyance. One of the demonkin was putting her in the corner of his vision. It was the demonkin who advised William and the rest to evacuate from the cave.

While he was walking, Inaugurath begun explaining to the rest of the demonkin presents.

"Yes, their remains gone after five minutes. Their body was also just normal flesh and blood"

"But chief, you said that back then that they cannibalized their own kin!"

"Exactly.... that's what gotten me confused"

"......................."

The back and forth conversation between Inaugurath and the demonkin who reported the missing scouters made the rest, excluding William, be silence in deep thought.

Only William's expression was relaxed.

"Do you not think such thing could wait? You would not be able to answer that question if you cannot even at least kidnapped one to study them more, or killing them. First thing first, is to observe me and find the reason why I could killed them easily"

What William said was true, the demonkin couldn't even catch those black creatures, so studying them was impossible. But now Inaugurath felt that he might find the method to obliterate them without using the calamity class spell such Armageddon which took the life force of the demonkins casting it.

Although, that's not what Inaugurath and the demonkin presents were thinking about first.

They were thinking about the word "observe" William had said in different light...meaning, the slightly perverted ones. Even if such thoughts were only a split second.

If William was in the presence of the human, wearing with the equipments she was currently wearing, and while glowing with light as the background effects, the religious human would think that she's either an angel or the goddess herself.

The reason that the demonkin just treated William as human or something outrageous like an angel or goddess was because demonkin's target of worship is the Great Mountain Range of Himaseru.

Then, they finally came out of the mana turbulence area. The demonkin felt that their mana had stabilized.

"Now let's swap back to the hideout"

After that, they vanished from the spot.

==================================================================

The scouters returned to their own quarters to rest, while the demonkin who came along to the rescue as an extra who did nothing were being dismissed by Inaugurath. Leaving only William and Inaugurath who stood in the middle of his house's small yard.

Just for information, Inaugurath swapped with a chiseled fist-size rock he left behind and arranged in the middle of his yard. It's a small yard, but it's enough for ten people to stood there.

William checked her surroundings. She felt that this yard might be a good place.

"Shall we do it here?"

Once again, the tone William was using to say that was misleading when she said that with a rather shy smile. For the purpose of maintaining his image, Inaugurath pretended that it didn't affect him.

If that words being said by the male William, that would look like someone asking for a brawl. But with the female William, the nuance was something else entirely.

"Yes, it is fine. Please do try to let out Mana"

Urged by Inaugurath, William used Sharp Aura immediately.

Her fingers got enveloped by Mana, which currently being observed intensely by Inaugurath.

Though the pose of her showing off her fingers for Inaugurath to observe was like a lady asking a gentleman to kiss the back of her palm.

A few minutes had passed, William was standing still, showing her Sharp Aura to Inaugurath while he was mumbling something incoherent.

To be honest, the pose actually embarrassed William. She thought to make Inaugurath feeling flustered, but it seems his concentration to get what he needed to do some, was disregarding William's deliberate attempt of teasing.

If other person were to see this, he or she would definitely thought "what in the world are those two doing?" no doubt.

Soon after that, 

"I see...your Mana, is so different than us..."

William deactivated the technique and put both of her arms under her peaks, as she asked,

"Different how?"

"If I have to say it in a simple term, your Mana completely came from you. You are the one who generated the Mana, for your own use"

William felt confuse. After all it was natural that Mana came from oneself. In the game at least. Even without mana regenerating equipments, player could fully recovered their MP in 10 minutes of in real time. Even if it wasn't a game, didn't Qi and Chakra comes from within the body, and is the embodiment of the life force?

"But is that not how Mana works around here too?"

"Sadly no. Every living being in this world have Mana, which is the by product of their Life Force. The stronger the Life Force, the higher their amount of Mana is. For example, Dragons and us Demonkins have the highest average amount of Mana due to our strong Life Force. But it does not mean that other races couldn't increase their amount"

Inaugurath continued,

"Human who trained, might raise their Life Force, which resulted in the increase of their amount of Mana, and their age would be longer than those who don't have much amount sometimes"

"Excuse me, but it seems to me that it is exactly the same"

William interrupted as she still didn't know where was the difference.

"The difference lies in the generating mana. You generated your Mana, on your own, without the help of the Mana in the atmosphere which got taken in by your body. Meanwhile, the rest of us COULD generate mana, but compared to you, it's like comparing a snail who wanted to reach the kingdom over yonder, and someone who could just teleport in the blink of an eye. The amount I meant is the capacity of mana we could take from the atmosphere. This is the reason that why other beings outside those who were originally born on top of Himaseru was unable to take in the mana in the atmosphere. It was like drinking a cup of water willingly and being forced to drink the water on the lake. That's the difference in atmosphere between down there and up here. While I was observing you, no mana in the atmosphere entered you to fill the capacity you just spent, but nonetheless you restore your mana to full-capacity yourself, from the inside"

It was a little bit confusing for the current William, but she thought she gets the gist of it.

"Now that one of the things have been made clear, we should do the next step tomorrow. You just woke up, and you still need rest or at least to collect your mind"

Suggested Inaugurath to William.

"What is the next step? Kidnap one of them?"

"Exactly"

"I guess for now it is recreation time ?"

The happy expression on William made Inaugurath smile slightly.

William got closer to Inaugurath and link her right arm to his left arm.

"A gentleman should escort a lady"

Something soft was touching Inaugurath left lower arm which was being held by William.

It stiffened his body for a moment because he had never feel something so soft. Female demonkins are after all, pretty rugged compared to female human.

"Yeah...this is unrelated to what we were talking just now, but...can I refer to you with something else? After all, calling a lady William to refer to her would be odd"

Now that she thought about it, what Inaugurath said was correct. So, William was thinking what name people should refer to her.

"Hmm...."

While she was thinking, her head was leaning on Inaugurath's arm.

This made Inaugurath thought about how soft William's hair was.

"I have decide"

William let go of her arm from Inaugurath's, and stepped a meter away in front of him.

"It is an honour to be your acquaintance, Sir Rath. You may refer to myself as...Willa"

William, or Willa offered the back of her right hand for Inaugurath to kiss. This time, it worked.

Inaugurath feels flustered and confused and unable to decide whether he should shake her hand or kiss it.

But then, he looked at Willa, who put on an expression as if she was anticipating something. So, Inaugurath steeled his heart and mind, and kissed Willa's hand.

"Like wise...Willa"

Willa smiled, her cheeks decorated with tinges of red from being shy and being happy.

That expression is truly unfair. One day, a country might fall from her smile alone.

Thought Inaugurath while he got mesmerized by Willa.

Thus, it has begun. The first ever relationship between a Humankin and a Demonkin. In which it would bridge the gap between other races with the solitary Demonkin which was more solitary than the elves.

==================================================================

This was happening right after the other eight who were present in the cave, excluding Willa and Rath.

The eight were on the training ground, few hundreds meters away from where their chief's house stood.

They were are all youngsters if they were seen with the common sense of the Demonkin, equal to the late-teen of human age.

"....who was that human?"

Said the guy who was holding on to the stalactite right above Willa previously inside the cave. His name Syezí.

He asked the question towards one of the guys who rescued him along with the other scouters. Well, they weren't the ones saving him exactly, but for simplicity sake, let just say that they were.

"............."

"............."

One side being silent because they didn't know the answer (the rescue team), while the other side being silent to urge others to give the answer.

But in the end, the guy who was reporting the scouters' situation to Inaugurath previously was the one to give the answer. His name was Skawn.

"I don't know. No, WE don't know"

Although his answer didn't satisfy Syezí's side at all.

".....was the Goddess worshipped by the human descended and decided to help us?"

This was said by one of the scouters, and also the youngest among the bunch. He liked to read books made by the human, including their holy books. Of course, these books were acquired illegally. The name was Wollue.

"You've read too much of the human's books, Llue... there's no way that THAT human is a Goddess.... isn't there?"

Said Tellue, Wollue's older brother, in respond to his younger brother and who was also in the scouters team.

"Who's she then? No, that's the wrong way to ask... what's she? Even chief couldn't so much mortally injured those cursed monsters, and that human with her thin limbs cut them off like she was cutting vegetables!"

Khále in high tension, the last guy of the scouters, said with fervour. He remembered the scene where the woman butchered their mortal enemies and it made his heart raced. The one who kept staring at Willa was also Khále.

"When we met up with the chief in front of his house, I already saw her talking intimately with chief..."

This was Gungshall speaking. Due to living in a household of three female who liked to gossip, it couldn't be help that he also likes gossipping despite being a male.

Sixessé was busy munching on his jerkies, and wasn't listening at all to the whole conversation. While Pitugh only nodded his head in agreement to what Gungshall had said.

"Khále...we're not discussing about her prowess here..."

Said Syezí with a sigh.

"He's a muscle head after all"

Skawn said so as he was shrugging.

"Then what the hell were you people talking about!?"

Khále raised his voice, slightly angry from being called muscle head. He's not stupid, just having his focus in something else compared to the youngsters around him.

"You dense buffoon, didn't you feel anything at all when you kept watching her on the way back?"

"Wuh!? H-how did you know!?"

Gungshall with his eyes who were always seeking gossip materials, didn't miss that.

"You asked that to ME?"

Rolling his eyes in exasperation was Gungshall. Khále realized how foolish to ask that to him.

"Considering that this is him, I bet my guard shift that he got his heart racing not because of her face but her strength"

Pitugh interjected boldly.

"But that's what matter, isn't it?"

Khále felt confuse at the others' standard of beauty.

The rest didn't answer him and put him in the hopeless case of a dense fool.

"She was so beautiful I doubted my eyes and thought I was dreaming when I went to report to chief..."

Skawn said, followed by Gungshall and Pitugh who nodded their head in agreement. Sixessé still busy munching his jerkies. No one bothered him.

"I wonder when chief would introduce her to the rest of the population..."

Although Khále got ignored by the rest previously, this one sentence brought him back into the conversation.

Because, the rest were also wondering about her.

"I hope chief do it soon..."

Continued Skawn I respond to Khále's statement.

For the first time, their heart and mind were wishing for the same thing.

This was how the self-proclaimed Willa's Royal Guard came into this world.

Sixessé? The only thing others' were sure about is that he was definitely thinking about foods. The damn glutton.

31