Chapter 2
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taking a closer look at the person I realized that it was a 'she' and that she looked to be about 15~18 years old which was about the same age as me. Before I could continue to observe more she heard my steps and suddenly turned around to face me in which I saw something surprising on her face.

There were definitively tear marks on it with her eyes being slightly reddened, but before I could do anything else she quickly got in front of me and glared threateningly. I stood there wriggling uncomfortably for a minute or so until she finally backed off, but she still kept her glare on me. Also if I observed correctly I'm pretty sure her hand went to her pocket as if she was going to take something out but then decided against it.

She for some unconceivable reason was in a fighting stance facing me like if a fight was about to start. Of course that was far from true the only thing I wanted to do was run away from her and not get caught in any type of trouble. In the first place I don't know why she is acting like this the only thing I did was seeing the evidence of her crying. 

I know seeing a complete stranger that noticed you were crying can be embarrassing but do you have to go this far even expecting me to fight!? Plus now that I know you have something in your pocket I can't help my paranoia to go out of control thinking if it was a knife, pepper spray, a phone, or something else!?

Meanwhile, through all of this I was still standing still just blinking my eyes rapidly, sweat starting to form in my forehead, my heart was beating like crazy in my chest, and I was all around befuddled by the situation in front of me. Taking time to calm myself I realized that I was taking this matter out of proportion and that the girl in front of me was probably misunderstanding something.

In order to clarify the situation I spoke up "Ah... u-um excuse me, can I help you with something?", is what I asked but why did I have sound so meek about it? The girl in front of me slightly flinched when I said those words and instead of answering squinted at me and then she widened her eyes before returning normal. Her body that was tensed, relaxed and she shifted to a normal stance with her face becoming emotionless as her glare disappeared. 

The change in gap of  'You killed someone important to me and I'll take revenge' to something like 'Completely Uninterested' was so swift that I felt some backlash from it. Who the heck even changes their attitude so drastically like this? Then I heard her speak, "What are you doing here?", heck even her voice sounds emotionless.

I responded with, "Well... I only came here to get my keys, have you seen them?", as I'm saying this my eyes started to sweep all over the ground to see if they were there. That is when I heard a metallic dangling sound near me which I turned to look and the girl had my keys holding its chain from her hand and questioned, "Were these the keys you were looking for?".

I dumbly responded with a quick "Yes" and rushed over to her. but before I took them I asked her "Hey... um... thanks for finding my keys and could you tell me your name? Since you went through this path you're probably new and live around here. We'll most likely stumble to each other a lot so... your name please?". I went a little long winded there but if I could at least get to know one person that doesn't despise me due to what I did in the past, then that would be great even if she looks uninterested that's better than nothing. She looked at me and muttered "No need, you won't remember me anyway so it doesn't matter.", before I could decipher anything from that statement she thrust the keys to my hand. 

When her hand made contact with mine my head started to hurt and darkness was starting to creep out of the edges of my vision. Prior to them covering completely my vision I could only observe her emotionless brown eyes and lavishly black hair flowing down to the middle of her back as I blacked out.

I blinked my eyes open staring intently at the keys at my hand like if they did something incredibly wrong. They hadn't but I still felt a little bit pissed that I somehow didn't notice them fall out of my pocket throughout my walk, so I stared at them with hateful eyes for some minutes now. I of course was now satisfied with my actions, so I scurried back to my home arriving there pretty quickly and I couldn't help but admire the bright white walls of our humble house.

This time with my keys I unlocked the door and stepped right in to my home where my mom was sitting down in the couch watching the tv as always. She noticed me and said, "Andrew you took a while, did something happen?", I put my hands in front of them shaking them a little replying with, "Nah, I was... mad that I dropped my keys so I was doing some contemplating that's it.".

My mom nodded back at me in understanding and started watching the tv again while I went back to my room placing my phone on the desk, as I went to my backpack to finish my homework leftover. I was unoccupied for the rest of that day as it only took me a hour to finish my homework, so I read my web-novels, ate some snacks, took a bath, and went to bed by 11:00 PM.

This was probably the last time I could sleep without a care of the world and do so peacefully.

 

0