Chapter 3
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* 

Hearing the continuous beeping near me I roused myself from sleep, and I proceeded to reach out with my hand to stop the alarm. I floundered for a while until I successfully was able to press the button that stopped the annoying alarm noise. I turned to look what time it was and it showed 6:45 AM like it should.

I let out a sigh but I did need to get out of my bed, so I stared at the ceiling for a couple of seconds contemplating if I should go back to sleep a little longer. I didn't want to leave the comfortable covers of my bed, but today was Friday and if I didn't start preparing then there might be a chance of me arriving late at school which I didn't want. With gargantuan effort I sat myself up and removed the covers of my bed moving my body towards the bedside.

I reached towards my black mechanical watch on top of the cabinet and put it on my right wrist with ease. Although the watch felt a bit loose since it was a size too big it still felt comfortable and I personally liked how it looked. After a few seconds of admiring my watch I stood up and slip on the classic clogs that I planted near my bedside the night before and went to my room to change into my school uniform. After that I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, comb my hair, put some deodorant, and splash water on my face to be more awake.

After finishing all of that I went to wake up my parents which were of course reluctant to leave the bed so early even though they were already used to waking about this time every day. They only gave me some grumbling words which I couldn't hear clearly, but I could guess that they were complaining about how early they had to wake up and the unfairness of it all. 

Leaving them to their devices I went to the kitchen and got some things out of the refrigerator, so that I could make myself two sandwiches. One would be egg while the other would be a PB&J which was enough to satisfy me at lunch in school though my parents probably think that I should eat a little bit more than that. A little later of preparing my sandwiches my parents were already dressed and prepared which wasn't much of a surprise to me since they were really quick at getting ready.

Looking at them I always get reminded of how I really don't look like my parents at all. The only characteristics I share with my parents are their dark brown eyes and black hair, but other than that there is nothing else that matches. My dad is stocky with an oval face that shows off his soft, rounded facial features making him look quite amiable. While my mom is more chubby with a rounded face that represents her facial features in such an endearing way that it makes her look so kind and nice. Then there is me in which my face is triangular in shape having rigid, sharp features and it also doesn't help that most of the time I have blank look on my face unlike the more expressive, emotional faces that my parents have.

"Andrew are you fine?" I heard my dad concernedly asked which snapped me out of my reverie as I answered "Yeah I'm fine Dad just lost in thought no need for you to worry." He looked relieved with my answer and said "Well I better get ahead and start the car we'll be waiting for you okay." I nodded and my parents went outside the door of the house in which I proceeded to my room to change out my classic clogs to proper shoes and get my backpack. But when I was doing this I couldn't stop feeling like I was forgetting something else vitally important and it was nagging at me.

While feeling like this I tried putting on my shoes but somehow my foot pathetically missed and landed on the classic clogs that I put aside which in turn slid forward stretching my leg out too far and making me lose my balance. As I fell forward I wondered why this was happening to me so many times recently because I'm sure that I didn't deserve any of this at all currently. I quickly put out my hands and luckily they grasped the top of the cabinet stopping myself from falling on it. Supporting myself up I realized that my hand had grasped on something on which taking a closer look it was a brown covered book.

An immense headache came and I could sense my forgotten memories coming in a rush to my head in which I let out a huge gasp after remembering everything. I was pretty shaken up and when I saw the book in my hand I had trepidation against it because it wasn't normal to lose memories in the time it takes for someone to snap their fingers. Heck I even forgot my meeting with the girl yesterday and by its indications I'm sure that the girl isn't normal at all. Cold sweat was forming on my head and shivers were going down my spine and I had to freaking wonder on what the heck was I getting myself involved in.

I may have been overreacting on this issue but objectively speaking what happened to me wasn't natural at all and its plain freaky that I can remember how I lost my memories and how I acted without those memories. Thinking about this if I left this book right now or threw it way somewhere I would probably forget all about this wouldn't I? Then I could go on with my life without a care in the world because hell if I know what this book is about and my intuition is telling me that getting involved in this could bring great consequences. 

The safest choice would be to get rid of it and never see it again... but thinking about this calmly was it truly coincidence that I was able to stumble upon this book? In the first place the only reason I remembered about this book was because I accidentally grasped it right now when I fell and that's even how I got this book for the first time at all.

Ruminating over this I decided to throw the book away to a random direction in my room because even though this situation was quite fishy I wanted to test if I would truly accidentally find the book like the other times. Finally to me this was dreadfully fascinating because something out of the ordinary was happening personally to me, and damn me if I wasn't curious about what was going on.

In the end after throwing the book some moments later I forgot everything about it and went outside towards the car to get to school without knowing anything that happened prior.

 

 

0