Chapter 5
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This book was truly strange.

I know that my recent experiences already pointed towards that but I feel like I need to reiterate this again. I spent the first hour just checking and messing with the book to see if I could find anything new about it, but I was so entranced with it that I didn't even notice my parents coming inside the house. At first I was apprehensive with them wondering if I should reveal what I found since they were my parents, but in the end that didn't even matter. 

Apparently they couldn't see the book that I was holding judging from their reactions and when I tried to shift their attention towards the book in my hand they still saw nothing. I also tried to prod them with the book or make them touch it to see what would happen and the result was astonishing to say the least. The book literally phased through them as if it was intangible and I did this several times to make sure that I didn't imagine it the first time. My parents though did give me weird looks when I was doing this and I somehow convinced them that I was trying to mess with them and just wanted to see their reactions.

After that I chatted with them for a while until they left me alone in the room in which I proceeded to continue my investigation on the book. With what happened in mind I started to prod everything around me with the book, but nothing spectacular happened which was disappointing. I guess I can only assume that the book can only phase and become intangible at least towards humans, but I don't know if this also includes other animals such as dogs. 

Another thing to test I suppose... but now that I think about it if what I thought is true then how the heck did I come into contact with this book? I'm sure I slipt on it and then I was able to see it yet that should been impossible if the book was truly intangible. Realizing this I could feel a headache starting to form because trying to figure something out with only assumptions and by myself was going to be freaking hard.

There was also the fact that there were other mysteries that I wouldn't be able to solve currently such as who was this Aaron Lawton person whose name was inscribed in the spine of the book. There is also that girl whom I met that erased my memories of her and I only got them back due to the book. I'm also sure that she is connected to this whole mess I am in and knows a lot more than me seeing how she carried herself. She could probably explain what the deal is with this book, but fat chance that I will meet her again. Even if I saw her would it be a wise choice to let her know that I have this book? 

I don't have enough information to make a proper choice or decision on what would be the right thing to do. I really do need to learn more about this book. Continuing on with my research I flipped through the pages of the book and I just found random words written in them which I really couldn't find anything of why those specific words were left inside this book. But after constantly seeing the pages I saw that there some words that repeated themselves on the pages which were 'soul', 'vision', 'eyes', 'view', 'perceive', 'see', 'observe', and 'watch'.

These words just made me more confused because why would these repeat multiple times on each page instead of the other random words that I found? More questions than answers, but at least I found some correlation between some words which is better than nothing. Actually it would probably be better if I record all my findings somewhere because once I let go of this book I'll forget everything, and if I put my notes somewhere easy for me to find then I can just write down the location of the book, find it again, and bam get my memories back.

Although... I do have a sneaking suspicion that I don't need to do this, after all I found the book every single time through sheer chance but it all seemed so contrived to me. Looking at this objectively the probability of me finding the book this consecutively is impossible especially in how it was done. The slips that happened to me and the placement of my backpack are the glaring things that made me bring up this suspicion. I know that I'm not clumsy enough to fall from a slip and seeing how these recent slips made me somehow grab the book it seems weird. There is also the fact that I coincidentally put my backpack on top of the book in which the chances of that happening is so low that I can't help but smell something fishy about that.

But I digress it is still better for me to write this somewhere since it would give me more certainty and assuming that I could always find the book is too risky for me to believe on since if this turns out to be false then I'll be screwed. I quickly get a mini memo notebook and a pencil from my desk as I start to write all my discoveries about the book and started thinking on the location of where to put the book. That is until I saw that my pencil was writing nothing or to be more exact it wasn't even touching the paper. I tried to push my pencil down with all my might but it didn't budge an inch so I let it go and it fell on top of the memo notebook. I picked it up and tried again but still no dice in which I could only lean back in my chair and sigh in frustration.

Well... shoot another possible venue closed how many countermeasures does this book have to hide its existence? With that question I tried other methods such as voice recording, drawing, writing it in code, and any other methods that I could think of even the silly or weird ones. All of them failed miserably because every time I thought about the book or hinting about it my actions for every method was physically stopped. It was terrifying that I couldn't let out a single sound out of my mouth when trying to voice record about the book, and as expected I couldn't even move the pencil towards the paper even if it was by drawing or trying to write in code. 

The other methods were also fucking useless and I spent most of my time failing which brought me down into a bad mood since I essentially wasted my time. I really wish to cuss and beat someone into submission in order to get rid of this mood, but that would be wrong plus I still have more opportunities to learn more about the book. I still don't like that I am so easily able to bring back my bad side by mere frustration, but at least I'm making progress which is good.

Calming myself down I see that it's almost close to 11:00PM which is my bedtime panicking I hurried out of my room,went to the bathroom to take a quick shower, brushed my teeth, said goodnight to my parents, and threw myself towards the bed to sleep. I decidedly laid in the bed with the book in hand since that was the only way I could think of not losing my memories about it. Although it will look strange to carry this book everywhere with me since to other people it would seem that I'm gripping an non-existent object, but I have to do this because there is no other choice. I would have liked to study it more, but that would have made me needlessly tired especially with my weird insomnia condition that only happens shortly after 11:00PM.

With that last thought I drifted off into sleep as I curled up into my sheets embracing the book as tightly as I could towards me.

 

 

0