Chapter 6
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today I woke up early in my bed at 7:00 AM wishing that I could sleep only a little bit more.

But I knew I couldn't go back to sleep because my body insisted that it had enough rest. I've tried to do so many times in the past but it only resulted in me staring at the wall or ceiling pointlessly for many straight minutes without falling asleep. Right now I was actually glad that I woke up this early since it gave me more time to test the book that I had. I checked if my parents were still in the house and I found their bed to already be neat and tidy. I felt pity for my parents because if they left this early then it meant that they had a lot of work ahead of them today.

It worked in my favor though because now I could freely test the book with no problems and my parents won't think I'm crazy due to me staring at something invisible since they are not here. Before I could go and test the book I soon thought of a problem of going through this course of action. The thing is that I didn't know what more to test about this book because I pretty much finished doing everything I wanted to do yesterday. I did want to test the durability of the book but it was a too risky move to do that because whatever power this book possessed might disappear if I damage it. 

Of course there was always a chance that the book may turn invulnerable when it is about to get damaged but its dangerous to assume that because I have no idea what is the full capability that the book has. So... what else can I test about it because I'm drawing a blank here. I have time to think about it although I do wish that I can think of something quick or else it will be all wasted. Hmmmmmmm... I still have some mysteries I could try to solve from yesterday but I already know that they are impossible to solve for me right now. There is still those repeated words I found which thinking about it now I'm sure that there is something in common between them.

Trying to remember all those words by memory alone was impossible for me so I flipped through the book again in which I figured out the words: 'soul', 'vision', 'eyes', 'view', 'perceive', 'see', 'observe', and 'watch'. I sincerely wished that I could write all of these words down so that I could analyze them better because trying to cross-reference them only in my head was difficult. Shortly after complaining about this the words began to settle down in my head and it became easier to analyse them. I still don't know why these specific words repeated so much in the book, but I think I found the relation that they have with each other. I should have probably noticed this sooner since it now seemed fairly obvious but I had a lot in my mind yesterday so I can cut myself some slack.

The relation between these words is that they have something to do with seeing things or something synonymous to it, but the thing that left me confused was the word 'soul' since it didn't seem to fit with the theme that I came up with. No... pondering it more deeply it does fit the theme because isn't there a saying that said the eyes are windows to the soul? But if that is what the word is trying to convey then why is it the only one that gets to connect with the other words with a phrase? After all the rest of the words get to relate to each other just by having the same meaning but what makes the word 'soul' the exception?

Upon thinking about this I felt a small tingling sensation on the back of my head which implored me to say something or do anything. The problem was that I didn't know what it wanted me to say or do and I was also mystified on why I was feeling this sensation. I chalked this up as another mystery to solve and tried to ignore it, but then the tingling intensified which knocked me to the ground as I suffered an intense headache. At this point I barely had the strength to keep the book in my hand and the only thing I wanted was to stop the pain in my head.

I need to say something! What do I need to do!? Just make the pain stop! Fuck the pain keeps intensifying! What the shit do I need to make this stop! These thoughts began to cycle in my mind as I writhed on the floor, and then suddenly something clicked within my mind in which I murmured, "The eyes are the windows of the soul."

The pain in my mind stopped which I was grateful for, but then the book in my hand started to trembled violently. Before I could do anything a translucent force came out the book which sent me rolling away from it and when I looked back the book was floating in mid air.

*SWOOSH* *SWOOSH* *SWOOSH* *SWOOSH* *SWOOSH*

The pages were somehow flipping intensely by themselves and it seemed neverending until it abruptly halted and was left in its opened state. I gaped at the book in front in me not knowing what to do until I saw words forming above the book.

[Individual detected. Identifying the individual. Checking requirements for a new owner. Individual meets the requirements. Proceeding to make a new link towards the individual. Connection fails. Use old link to connect towards the individual. Connection is successful. You are now the owner of this Book of Fate.]

Before I could comprehend the words that I read they just disappeared into thin air and the book closed itself floating down towards me. I absentmindedly reached out and grabbed the book out of the air which it instantaneously flashed a bright light for a moment. Once my vision came back to me I inspected the book to see if there were any changes. Looking thoroughly there was only two noticeable changes that I could find which were that all the pages inside the book were now empty and no words could be found anymore. The final change would be that the cover of the book now had a title which was [Book of Fate: Sight] shown in a fancy cursive style.

At this point of time I was left to wonder on what the fuck happened right now.

 

0