Chapter 8
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

What... the... Fuck! Why the hell am I freaking black cloud! What happened to my body?! Why did this happen?! Okay... okay just calm yourself down... don't turn yourself hysterical... I need to analyze what is happening right now... keep the anger inside don't let it out... act like the person you need to be and don't become the person you used to be.

I kept repeating these thoughts inside my mind as I tried to keep myself in control which was absurdly hard since everything about me felt completely wrong. I didn't have any limbs to move and I couldn't feel myself breathing or my heart beating... it was a nightmare to me. Everything was so disorienting... I didn't even know how this cloud body even works, and the way it functions was absolutely different from that of a human body.

I need to reassure myself that I am not dying... I am still alive. No reason to panic that much... yes Andrew you are fine keep the act up. Okay then back to important matters and ignore these new and phantom sensations for now let me think before acting. From what I've gathered I somehow got transformed into this cloud thing when I went to this Otherworld which in hindsight I should have been more careful, and ask the book about the details of my abilities instead of just testing them out like this. Consider this a lesson learned from me.

So if the reason I am like this is due to the Otherworld then me going back to my own world should revert me back to normal right? Visit the Otherworld...... Okay why isn't the ability working? I am clearly thinking about it and I do want to use it so why isn't it working!? Visit the Otherworld!... 

The fuck!? Why am I still in the same place!? It worked when I was using the Summon Book ability so why isn't it working just like before!? Calm down.. calm down... there must be some explanation for this I can't possibly be stuck here right? First of all I need to test if I actually lost the powers that the book granted me so... Summon Book. With that thought in mind I suddenly saw the book be summoned right in front of me, but before I could do anything in that moment I felt my body become significantly bigger and different.

It was with startling realization that I noticed I now had a human body, and also that I was falling down due to no longer floating anymore  alongside the book which I instinctively grabbed. I was dropping into the grey clouds below me in the ground as I saw it open up revealing what it was encasing inside. I doubted my eyes but inside the grey clouds was me laying down on the ground, but before I could question it I landed right on top of my body and then I felt myself get sucked right inside.

Everything got twisted for a second before it straightened out and it took me some time before I could process what happened. Looking around I concluded that I was back in my world mostly because things were no longer grayed out and the vibrancy of color was now back. I stood up from the ground and was relieved to find that I didn't sense or feel anything strange with me. 

I did have one concern in which it was that I couldn't find the book that I carried before dropping down... on top of my body? Yeah that is another question needing to be answered but let's see if the book is alright, Summon Book. The book appeared in my left hand which I brought it closer to check if there were any changes to it and after examining it I found that nothing was wrong and the pages inside were also completely blank. 

Huh... actually that tidbit of blank pages is kind of weird because previously it answered my questions in writing within those. Does that mean the writing inside these pages given by the book disappear after a certain time limit or do they disappear when I don't need the writings anymore? I guess I need to tes— I mean ask about that later on. There is no way I'm going to test stuff when it relates to this book anymore.

Thinking better on it why the heck did I even experimented on the book's abilities without asking the book on the details about them that was plain dumb for me to do. Moving on I do have some speculations on what happened when I visited the Otherworld, but why bother with that when I have my handy dandy answer book!

"Book can you please give me further details on what the abilities I got do and if there are any special conditions I have to fulfill in order to use them?"

[Please use the correct term these are not 'abilities' but privileges that were given to you by the book. First, the 'Summon Book' allows you to summon the book from an unknown dimension or send it back there. Note that it will only be summoned in a specific place near you and the location set is arbitrary so you won't be able to change it at all. Second, 'Visit the Otherworld' allows you to go in a parallel world that is entwined to yours. In order to do that the book takes out your soul from your body and gives it a physical manifestation to go to the Otherworld. The only way to return back to your world is to find where you left your soulless body and merge with it alongside this book or else it won't work. Lastly I can't give you anymore information about your last two privileges other than what's already been given.]

After reading all of this it took me a while to digest this new information because it gave me a lot of stuff to think about. I was especially surprised that the book corrected me in what I was calling them before answering my question. To me this confirmed undoubtedly that the book is truly sentient or else it wouldn't correct my word usage or even provide it as a suggestion in the first place.

Before I would've thought that this newfound information would be pointless since I could ask the book for this, but after what I've read I need to remove this viewpoint of mine. I had the misconception that the book could answer every question I had in mind for it, but seeing how it wouldn't reveal more information about my last two privileges meant that the book couldn't give me everything I wanted to know.

Finally what made me kind of freaked out and shocked would be the details on my abi— I mean my privileges. The Summon Book definitely has some mysteries to it especially this unknown dimension where the book comes from, but for now I'll leave that alone. What made me truly worry was the privilege of Visiting the Otherworld because from its details I don't think I want to use it ever again. This privilege literally takes my soul away from my body in order to use it and I feel iffy about this considering we are talking about my own freaking soul here.

I also come to the chilling realization that if I haven't gotten lucky in going back to my body at that moment on time in the Otherworld I could have potentially be stuck there forever roaming around with no chance of coming back. I shook in fear at this fact and I promised myself that I would never do something as stupid as that in the future.

This won't deter me because I want to figure out all the intricacies about this book no matter what. Of course this time when I am dealing with mystical shit as this I won't experiment or test it so carelessly. Instead learning about it gradually and safely is the way to go.

0