Chapter 1
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After taking the strange book with me I promptly arrived at home in which I could only describe it as simple and normal. The house was only one floor and to others the house itself might seem small to live in, but it had enough space since only me and my parents lived here. You could also see that there was a lone window to the left side covered completely by the blinds which by the way was where my room resided. 

Before I got carried away describing my house I continued walking towards my home on the gravel path because my mom didn't like it when I tried to take a shortcut through the grass stating that it was improper to do so. To me it was kind of irritating to follow this rule, but she was right and if I couldn't do such a small thing then that would be pretty pathetic of me. After all in order to become a better person you first start off with the small things and then you move on to the much bigger things once you are ready. 

Once I got out of my head I noticed that I was already in front of the door and I was thankful that I didn't knocked myself to the door like I did the lighting pole. Using the hand that wasn't carrying my book which was my right I began to fish into my pant's pockets to get out my keys, but after some time doing this I came to the conclusion that I lost my keys.

I let out a deep sigh about this for I am sure that I lost them when I slipped back then. Fortunately that was only a few minutes away from my house when that happened so with that thought in mind I turned around in which I accidentally took a glance at my watch. My eyes widened a bit when that happened to make sure I brought my right hand up to where my watch was transfixed to and saw that it was already 7:05 PM. That was a new record for me spending a little bit more than a hour on my self-reflection walk since it usually took about 15 to 30 minutes before I get home.

I imagine that my parents would be worried in how long I spent walking around and are waiting for me inside. I guess my keys could wait for later it is time for me to try and pacify my parents. With my decision made I pressed the doorbell and waited a few seconds in which immediately after my mom opened the door for me. I strutted my way in hoping that she got the message from my gait that nothing bad happened to me and that I was fine.

When I looked at her she had a small frown in her face and just asked me, "Andrew you got us worried there for a second and why did you ring the bell, don't you have your own keys?". I simply responded with, "Mom relax sure I might have taken longer on getting back from my walk, but thats because I got a bunch of self-reflection done today." with that I showed my mom what I thought to be a shining smile.

She looked at me dubiously as she plainly said ,"That is nice to hear son, but you still haven't answered my question about the keys." after I heard that I immediately responded, "Ah! about the keys... I might have lost them on my walk...". I sheepishly rubbed my head in a abashed manner hoping that my act would calm her down and stop that frown on her face.

My tactic worked as seeing how I was acting my mom wryly smiled at me saying, "So that's what happened you don't have to wo—" before she could finish I interrupted her, "Mom I think I know where my keys are I just came here to make sure you don't worry about me due to my long walk, and where's Dad by the way shouldn't he be here?".

My mom answered back, "Andrew he's sleeping right now you know how tiring his work is, and does that mean you're going back out there to find your keys?". I nodded my head towards her and began walking towards my room, but before I could get inside my mom confusedly said, "Andrew didn't you say that you were going to go search for your keys, so why are you walking towards your room?".

At that statement I blinked owlishly at her since she was right on what she said, so why was I going back to my room? I felt a niggling thought in the back of my head trying to make me remember something, but for the life of me I didn't know what it was. I knew that it had to deal with something that happened recently, but the only thing that I remember was losing my keys and tripping on my walk. There was something strange about my previous thought, but I couldn't find anything wrong with it so I uncertainly said "Uhhh... well I wanted to get my phone this time... just in case of an emergency?".

My mom stared at me and she only nodded with understanding as she sat down on her couch, turned on the tv, and left me to my own devices. With that out of the way I enter my room which wasn't grandiose at all only having a bed, a closet, three little cabinets spread in different locations in my room, and my own personal work desk. My phone was connected to a charger and was lying down to my little cabinet that was right next to my bed, so I went there, checked my phone, it had a 100%, and I disconnected it with my right hand. When I tried to pick up my phone with my left hand that is when I noticed that it was clenching something with it. 

Focusing my vision on this object which I didn't even know my left hand was carrying I tried to define the features of this object, but it was just all blurred so I couldn't see much. I squinted my eyes as much as possible hoping that the blurriness would go away and after a few seconds it did and all I saw was a brown-covered book.

A book... wait a minute... didn't I pick this up when I tripped on it in my walk? Now that I think about it why did I just belatedly realized that my left hand was still carrying this thing, and was this the reason why I wanted to go to my room? Also my mom didn't comment anything about it... maybe she didn't notice it? Man, my memory must be shoddier than I thought if I forgot about this book that I got literally a few minutes ago. I put the book on top of my cabinet and then I got the phone and put it on my left pant pocket.

With all of that done I left my room, my mom gave her compulsory "Come back soon" motif, I left the house, walked down the gravel path, and finally I jogged back to the place where I tripped and fell to get back my keys. When I arrived there I saw a peculiar sight which was a person frantically looking around the ground having only black-clothed clothes. Maybe the person was also looking for something like me around this location? 

I stepped forward not knowing what I was about to get into.

 

0