Chapter 62: Chris Farhawk
3k 6 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The brown haired boy clenched his teeth while his complexion turned red in his anger. "How dare a little pipsqueak like you call me uncouth!"

"Hmph, Andria's just telling the truth." Andria stuck out her tongue at the boy, further provoking him.

"That's it!" The boy began to chant a spell, causing the surrounding people to gasp in shock as they began to retreat to the cafe walls so that they were not drawn into the crossfire of the upcoming spell.

The Wilderwolf soldier's at Andria's side scrunched their brows in anger. How dare this stupid brat attempt to hurt their Young Miss!

A second later, the boy's chant was complete, releasing a torrent of wind that crisscrossed in the air in a bizarre pattern as it shot quickly towards Andria.

'He's an Early Stage Foundation Ranked Magician.' Lexa was able to tell the boys level from the aura emitted from the spell. 'I remember Jonathan once said that he reached the same rank when he was seven years old, so he isn't anything special."

As one of the Wilderwolf soldier's was about to act, Andria placed one of her little hands in front of him, stopping him from doing so.

"Andria has this!" Andria smiled confidently before quickly chanting a spell of her own. Thankfully the chant was short, as the offending torrent of wind was mere inches from her face when a barrier of azure light swirled into existence in front of her, taking the brunt of the attack.

'Oh.' Lexa noticed that the shape of this azure barrier had taken the loose outline of a shield. She remembered that Jonathan had used a similar spell before, only it was much more powerful and grand.

"Impossible!" The boy's eyes went wide in disbelief when he saw his spell being blocked so effortlessly.

The surrounding people in the cafe were pretty shocked as well. Who would have thought that a girl that didn't look a day over 5 years old could actually block off an attack of a person that looked twice her age. Their interest in the identity of this little girl holding the small kitten in her hands grew at the peculiar sight.

Before the angered boy could retaliate, he was interrupted by a voice behind him.

"Young Master, if we don't leave now, we'll be late..." One of the five men behind the boy suddenly spoke up, his voice a little hesitant and fearful.

"Tch!" The boy clicked his tongue and sneered. "Girl, you better watch out in the future if I see you! You may be a rich young miss where you're from, but can you dare to make the great Farhawk family your enemy?!"

"Idiot!" Andria simply stated before pointing to the wolf symbol emblazoned on the armour of one of her guards. "It should be Andria asking you if you dare to make our Wilderwolf family your enemy?!"

"W-Wilderwolf?!" The boys eyed opened wide before his eyes turned malicious and his teeth clenched viciously. "So your the youngest daughter of the Left Hand of the King and Queen? Good, now you've really got my blood boiling now! Next time we meet, we'll finish this off. Remember the name, Chris Farhawk!"

With those threatening words, Chris Farhawk swung his sleeves with a harrumph and left the cafe with his five guards. Behind them, Andria simply gave an harrumph of her own and turned to face the front desk once more, not sparing the brat another glance.

Meanwhile, the kitten in her hands was looking at her with glittering eyes. "Wow, I never would have thought you had it in you! Where did you learn to speak like that?"

"Hehe, Grandpa taught me. He said that to deal with people like them, you should anger them till they cough blood, that its much more satisfying than simply beating them up." Andria explained innocently, her happy-go-lucky expression a strange contrast to her vicious words. "Grandpa was right, that brat's reaction was so funny."

"Hahaha, I think I might like your grandfather!" Lexa laughed brightly.

With the arrogant Young Master of the Farhawk family gone, the people inside the cafe could finally relax and the cafe quickly returned to its usual calm in time. Though, Lexa could hear with her feline hearing the constant muttering of everyone discussing Andria's identity as a Wilderwolf.

Mainly, it was all praises and sighs of awe. Not only was the Wilderwolf family powerful, they were also upright. How could the citizens under their protection not feel secure and protected under them. And when it came to the sighs of awe, that could only be because they had heard that the youngest miss of the Wilderwolf family was only 4 years old!

4 years old, and she can already cast powerful defensive spells that can block the attack of someone twice her age. Obviously, the Wilderwolf family had another little genius on there hands...

While Lexa chose to ignore all of this, Andria was blissfully ignorant of the impression she had made on the people in the cafe and simply proceeded to continue where she left off with the kindly woman behind the front desk.

"I'll have the Full Falcio Breakfast!" Andria sweetly asked, handing the menu back to the woman, who received it absentmindedly.

The kindly woman blinked her eyes a few times, looked at the menu and then at the aberrant little girl in front of her, and finally sighed.

Shaking her head and bringing out her brightest smiles she said. "Don't worry about paying for it, as thanks for dealing with that troublesome kid, today's meal is on the house, your... Kitten's too."

"Yay, free food. Jonathan would be so proud of Andria!" Andria cheered.

"..." Lexa couldn't help but hope that Jonathan's money grubbing ways wouldn't be passed down to his little sister...

★★★

"Ah, that food was so good." Andria had the biggest of smiles as she rubbed her full tummy.

"Meow~" Lexa mewed her agreement, her eyes hazy as she laid lazily in Andria's grasp. Whenever she grew tired, the kitten preferred to meow rather than talk. It was easier.

Andria giggled as she watched Lexa's tired state and patted her comfortingly.

"I'm going to sleep, wake me up when the tournament starts~" Lexa mumbled as she began to doze off, getting an affirmative "hmm" in return.

They were currently in the building where the Hawk Academy Youth Tournament would soon take place. Like the Wilderwolf soldier had said, entering the tournament was quite easy and they were even lead to a VIP room where they could watch the tournament in an enclosed room where it was only her, Lexa and the Wilderwolf soldiers, who took watch at the back, eyes peeled for any and all hints of danger that could befall their Young Miss.

Half-an-hour later, the tournament began to Andria's excitement. The host of the event didn't spare much time before announcing the beginning of the first of the two upcoming fights that made up the semi-finals.

"Ladies and gentleman, our first match this fine evening is a battle between the 10 year old Sandra Button and the 10 year old Chris Farhawk!" The host announced to the excitement of the large audience which numbered in the several thousands.

"Chris Farhawk?" Andria's brow immediately scrunched up in distaste.

"The Hawk Academy is owned by the Farhawk family, and it's Chris Farhawk's father that is the current principal of the school, so it's only natural that he would enrol there as well." One of the Wilderwolf soldier's stepped up to helpfully explain.

"Hmph, I hope he loses!" Andria pouted.

59